Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Can you name the Death Stalker DEATH STALKER and the Blood Panther BLOOD PANTHER? With the bolding, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Wow I had no idea Rune Factory 2 had this sort of generational skip, and once y'all started talking about it I was like, "Oh, that explains why so many of the characters look really young, they probably get new portraits after the time skip" but nope.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

TurnipFritter posted:

Wow I had no idea Rune Factory 2 had this sort of generational skip, and once y'all started talking about it I was like, "Oh, that explains why so many of the characters look really young, they probably get new portraits after the time skip" but nope.

That’s the sort of detail that gets pitched at the beginning of a project and is then quickly cut for time, budget or format constraints.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

HardDiskD posted:

Can you name the Death Stalker DEATH STALKER and the Blood Panther BLOOD PANTHER? With the bolding, if possible.

I wish I could, but it's unfortunately beyond character limits. Definitely going to go with the ALL CAPS names, though.

TurnipFritter posted:

Nope, that's pretty much just the art style. Your three possible Rune Factory ages are Child, Adult, and Old.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

LordHippoman posted:

I wish I could, but it's unfortunately beyond character limits. Definitely going to go with the ALL CAPS names, though.

You just have to use license plate logic. DTSKR and BDPTR. Good old Dat Sucker and Bod Painter.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Or just DEATH and BLOOD

More appropriate for Shepherd's Crossing, but why the hell not.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You just have to use license plate logic. DTSKR and BDPTR. Good old Dat Sucker and Bod Painter.
I think you mean SNES JRPG logic.

(The translator who was responsible for "Silver Devil" becoming "AgDevil" in the GBC Dragon Warrior games is a goon and posted about it in the DW thread.)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think you mean SNES JRPG logic.

(The translator who was responsible for "Silver Devil" becoming "AgDevil" in the GBC Dragon Warrior games is a goon and posted about it in the DW thread.)

I promise that I will name the first dragon-esque monster I tame in this game YBurn.

(I don't actually remember if there is such a thing)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 31: The Best Boss Design In The Series

IMPORTANT TITLE NOTE: While I have not played all of Rune Factory 3, 4, or any of the spinoffs, I am pretty drat sure that my title is accurate because it is hard to beat this upcoming cool guy.

Welcome back. We’re all done exploring Blessia Island, so it’s time to head home. With Escape in our arsenal, that’s much easier!

The animation isn’t really anything to show off. You don’t become an orb anymore, so the spell is objectively worse.

Well, this isn’t really important right now, but I appreciate that we’re at least still getting these sweet deals.

Also, we’ve been rolling Green for a while now. Let’s swap to a new outfit.

It’s a lot less green. I think this is meant to be the costume Aria has in the official art.

Audrey isn’t running away from me anymore, which means it’s getting some more FP.

Let’s take on our first 2nd Generation request for everyone’s most beloved character.

: Oh, you did? Let me fill you in on the job. I need more materials to continue work on my sword. I want you to go find a mineral to use in my work.

Well.

I think we can maybe part with one of these.

Just one, though, let’s not go crazy.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

: Thank you!

: You don’t need to thank me. You made yourself useful, little human.

So this is probably the best quest reward we’ve gotten yet. The Windsword was my weapon of choice for most of RF1, and it’s pretty drat solid here too.

We will, of course, eventually be able to do better, but those stats blow our current weapon out of the water.

Also, look how much less of an rear end in a top hat Jake is now! Offscreen character development sure helped that guy. (we’re probably still doing that bonus update)

We also might as well take advantage of Doug’s spam mail.

I know I already have Pineapples growing for that quest, but I’m not just going to ignore the possibility of more Pineapples. Plus, we’ve pretty much finished with money sinks for this game. There’s just one more thing...later.

Let’s head out to Blessia Island and get a few dents in our fancy new weapon.

Speaking of dents, weapons won’t be able to make any in the Tortoise when it enters its shell.

Offensive magic, though, like Earth Spike here, is just as effective as usual, making it more useful in this instance than The Entire Previous Game.

The training went so well, it’s too late to do any more requests!

And, after a good night’s sleep, it’s back to this. Remember that the extremely picky statue won’t take these pineapples unless it’s nighttime. So we’ll have to lug them around until then. Thankfully Anna has an enormous backpack and the strength of a minor god.

Now a slightly less minor god.

Let’s pay a visit to Anna’s Flower Festival date before she rushes off to risk her life against whatever horror lurks in the depths of the Island.

Things are looking up. His grandpa already likes her! And his dad gave her a cool sword earlier, so this relationship is remarkably stable for two eight year olds.

I’m...not sure why we wouldn’t just take these free crops. We could be modest, I guess, but I’ve got a farm to ignore here.

What an...uh...fulfilling request?

Okay, Cammy, help me out here, I need to fill an update.

So, I forgot that school was going on, since I’ve been ditching it to go fight monsters for a few days. Thankfully we have a psychic mom.

Kids in this town must be so incredibly bored.

: The rules are easy: Just find as much RED GRASS as you can!

: Okay! I’ll bring you all the RED GRASS I can find!

: Ready? Let’s go!

Before that clash of champions begins, let’s actually remember to go to school. We’ve got some more fish recipes today.

Grilled Fish 2 gets us Dried Sardines, Fried Gibelio, Salted Chub, Fried Crucian Carp, and Salted Pond Smelt. Grilled Fish 3 pulls out Salted Salmon, Fried Skipjack, Salted Pike, Fried Mackerel, and Fried Girella.

Inspired by that lesson, Anna sets out to pull up dinner.

That’s not gonna work.

I did get this, though, so I guess we’re gonna try it out!

However, as Anna enters the Workshop, Douglas shows up!

I actually didn’t know this was a thing.

You could just...set it down, Douglas, we’ve got so many tables in here.

Or that, I guess.

Well, that’s unfortunate.

Also unfortunate, it turns out that we’re nowhere near good enough to cook that Girella yet. Cooking is such an obnoxious skill to grind in this game.

Now that we’re about finished with the big stuff for the day, I’m going into minor chores until the bath opens. Here’s that Spinach that we got from Orland planted. Also, it looks like there’s some Red Grass here!

Fascinating worldbuilding from Leann. It’s certainly not Kardia, there was only one restaurant-esque building in the whole place.

Oh, yeah, Cammy.

Let’s present her our findings.

Well, I can’t say I exactly put a ton of effort into this one, so this is a fair loss.

: You’ll have to do a little better than that, Anna! Here’s a consolation prize, though!

I guess we can give this to Julia or something.

: That was fun, Anna!

Look, I’m just here for the heals.

Okay, time for the main event. It’s time to take on the Boss of Blessia Island!

Here’s my stat sheet before the fight. I’m going to be using the Windsword and not the Fishing Pole, though, in case that wasn’t obvious.

Now, I’d really quickly like to ask you a question. What do you think the boss will be? Fire themed? Island themed? Pirate themed?

If you guessed “an octopus wearing a skull, using its shell as a viking hat, holding a spear, and also decked out with bling on its tentacles” you have played this game before.

This dude is incredible.

Meet OCTOPIRATE.

Octo’s got a few attacks, and a pretty simple pattern. His first move is to spit a quickly moving urchin at you. It has unlimited range, so stay on your toes.

After each attack, he’ll scoot across the deck, wiggling his tentacles around. Getting touched here will hurt you, so try to stay out of his path.

It’s pretty difficult to dodge the urchin if he decides to spit it while you’re near his snout.

You can only damage Octopirate with your weapon from the front or front-sides. His shell is immune. This is a pain, since all of his attacks are also frontal. You only get a brief window to strike after each attack, before he starts the scoot again.

Here’s his most pathetic attack. He’ll awkwardly kinda stab the spear in front of him. Not only does this only hit his left side, it’s slow. Take advantage and beat him down here.

Here’s his other ranged attack, the Barrel Toss. It’s three projectiles.

They also explode and like to knock you around if you touch them.

Thankfully, they don’t have nearly as much range as the urchin, so you can just dash in the other direction and avoid damage.

Sometimes he likes to corner you. Don’t let this happen, a Barrel Toss from this range will just ruin you.

His last, and funniest attack in this phase is just to outright slap you away from his face. This is unironically his most dangerous move, because it deals heavy damage and knocks you back into potential scoot range.

While I don’t have any great resources to confirm it this time around, Octopirate is apparently, according to a quick google, weak to Water. Good thing Water Laser is really good.

It’ll also pierce his shell, so it’s viable to attack from the back with this. I still prefer saving my RP for heals, though.

In grand RF tradition, he eventually gets mad. Things start to get a little dicey here.

He now heavily favors this new move, which spurts out a collection of ink clouds. Not only does this have great coverage, it can poison you.

The ink also lingers for a while, making it really difficult to approach his face. Were I a smarter person, I may have saved my Water Laser RP for this phase.

It is a very good thing that I brought these.

Eventually, the captain goes down with his ship. Goodnight, you beautiful, beautiful creature.

Thanks for the prize, though.

Next time we’ll ask Barrett about it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Hey, that's not an octopus :argh:! One of the traits of an octopus is that they have no shell, unlike any other mollusc. This Octopirate is closer to a Nautilus than an octopus.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The update title was right. I'm sorry I ever doubted it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Because what self-respecting pirate mollusc wouldn't be blinged out and have a shell decorated with a skull and viking horns?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That boss just redeemed this game.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Octopirate returned in RF4 in glorious slightly-more-polygons-o-vision.

Sadly so did death wall.Death Wall was RF3 but it still sucked

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Naughty Nautical Norwegian Nautilus.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I seem to recall Octopirate showing up in RF3's bonus dungeon, too.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, is there a real way to grind cooking? Make a bunch of cake and throw it on the ground?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The invention of the "use flour to make bread->use bread to make toast" and "use rice to make rice balls->use rice balls to make baked rice balls" loops changed cooking forever. It's a scientific fact.

(I'm not sure if either of those is in RF2, but I doubt it if cooking is that hard to grind. Do you not even get a shitton of easy sashimi recipes for every single fish in the game?)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Octopirate does return as a bonus boss in both sequels, which is a major reason RF3 and RF4 are better games. All the QoL improvements, no less Octopirate.

megane posted:

Naughty Nautical Norwegian Nautilus.

Please retitle all of the updates, you have proven your mettle.

Haifisch posted:

The invention of the "use flour to make bread->use bread to make toast" and "use rice to make rice balls->use rice balls to make baked rice balls" loops changed cooking forever. It's a scientific fact.

(I'm not sure if either of those is in RF2, but I doubt it if cooking is that hard to grind. Do you not even get a shitton of easy sashimi recipes for every single fish in the game?)

I think both of those methods are fairly viable, but due to the animation time cooking takes and the amount of experience required to go up levels, it sure feels a lot slower than most other skills.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

While I don’t have any great resources to confirm it this time around, Octopirate is apparently, according to a quick google, weak to Water. Good thing Water Laser is really good.

The octopus pirate is weak to water? Is it the octopus part or the pirate part that makes him weak to water?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fun fact, pirates dissolve in water, that's why they have ships.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Randalor posted:

The octopus pirate is weak to water? Is it the octopus part or the pirate part that makes him weak to water?
It's why he has the big shell, to protect his vulnerable lil' face from the mean ol' water :kimchi:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Randalor posted:

I think the reason for that is that each dungeon is sort of elementally themed, although they don't really make it clear unless you go mining.

Trieste Forest has Earth Crystals, so Terror Tree is weak to Wind.
Blessia Island has Fire Crystals, so Octopirate is weak to Water.
Messhina Valley has Wind Crystals, so the boss there is weak to Earth.
Padova Mts. has Water Crystals, so the boss there is weak to Fire.

I'm pretty sure, at least. There's not a ton of solid info out there on this game, I'm not even sure if a strategy guide was made for it or anything.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

LordHippoman posted:

I think the reason for that is that each dungeon is sort of elementally themed, although they don't really make it clear unless you go mining.

Trieste Forest has Earth Crystals, so Terror Tree is weak to Wind.
Blessia Island has Fire Crystals, so Octopirate is weak to Water.
Messhina Valley has Wind Crystals, so the boss there is weak to Earth.
Padova Mts. has Water Crystals, so the boss there is weak to Fire.

I'm pretty sure, at least. There's not a ton of solid info out there on this game, I'm not even sure if a strategy guide was made for it or anything.

That is probably what it is.

Also, Jake gets character development. He even gets development if Kyle (Bandan) takes the time to raise his FP, but he actually talks like a decent person in the second generation.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
you drat well better be doing that bonus update

'cause gently caress Jake

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I distinctly remember shoving onions into Jake's face until he agreed that Bandan wasn't bad for a human in my playthrough.

I'm not 100% sure Jake likes onions, but it seems funny in hindsight regardless.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 32: 80+ Screenshots To Make Apple Juice

Today in Rune Factory we’re going to make Apple Juice. This is the story of how.

We’ve still got business on Blessia, since we’ve got a couple more tablet pieces to collect. We can’t do it now, though, so let’s hit up Barrett with our new discoveries.

: Were you able to figure out what the last one I brought said?

: I don’t know yet. But Mana is helping me decipher it.

I can’t believe we got narced on by the guy who lets us fight goblins in his garden shed.

: Don’t worry, I’ve kept your secret. I told her that I was the one who found it.

: Thank you!

: Be careful inside the dungeons.

: Yes, I will!

Today I picked up the secrets of Accessories from Barrett, with Bracelets (Cheap, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) and Protective Rings (Critical, Silent, Paralyze, Poison, Magic). Status ailments aren’t too tricky in this game, thanks to Medicate, but that Silence protection can be helpful in keeping the spell up.

: But Cammy offered to help out and take care of the shop! So she’s really been a life saver!

Julia does still drop into the bathhouse sometimes, but as a customer rather than an owner.

This restriction is silly and bad for business. Julia wouldn’t stand for this poo poo. (i’m lying she does the exact same thing)

To get our next tablet piece, it’s got to be nighttime. Fishing is a solid timewaster.

It also bites pretty hard into our HP, though. That’s because I haven’t really been leveling Fishing at all, so the RP cost is big.

Thankfully the enemies here are pretty easy to avoid.

All but two fragments collected now!

Now let’s get out before a scorpion murders us.

In a nice touch, while your character will flash red while you’re low on HP in a dungeon, that effect is disabled in town. That’s a cool thing that a lot of recent games don’t even do.

I should really clear this field up again sometime.

For continued exploration into the depths of Blessia, we’ll have to rely on our fibrous friend, Audry.

The Plant has a pretty neat Special Concerto ability, it’ll heal itself and you. That’s always handy. It still costs RP, though, so Medicate might still be a more efficient option most of the time.

Oh poo poo, plant fight!

Audry should have lost, but thankfully it can cheat.

Unfortunately, when more enemies get involved…

Well, thanks for trying, Audry.

These Trolls have a pretty annoying ability to knock you back and stun you. It’s not a big deal if they’re alone, but this can get problematic.

This statue is significantly more talkative now. Unfortunately, it also wants free produce. That’ll have to wait.

So, this room is one we avoided last time, and I’ll tell you why. Trolls and Goblin Dons are a nasty, nasty combination.

The Hammer Troll can stun you. The Goblin Don does a shitton of damage if you stand in its way.

Their flurry of blows also tends to hold you in place long enough for the Troll to catch up, and the process repeats itself.

Hey look, first Game Over of the LP! And now there are three turnips getting impaled. I’d have gone with two, because this is Rune Factory 2, but I didn’t make this game.

So. Uh. Let’s take it from right after the pineapples. We’re taking some different steps this time around.

well i’ve already hosed this up

There’s still no penalty for fainting in town in this game. It also doesn’t set you later in the morning than usual, though, so I’m not going to abuse fainting to save time like in the first game.

I’m back, and I brought Water Laser.

So, you know what’s cool about Water Laser? It pierces.

It also provides a weak stun. This went much better this time around.

I still swapped to the Battle Hammer to dispatch the Hammer Troll, though. Poetic justice and all that.

As a reward, this statue teaches a child to make steroids.

We’re miles from being able to make them, though.

There’s another one of those mysterious chambers like the one behind the big shrine in Trieste Forest here. Still nothing we can do with it.

haha not again

This seems much less stunlocky.

Worth noting, we’re thinning out this request board! We’ll be getting more, of course, but Anna’s on a pretty good helping spree so far.

Oh, hey, there’s Dorothy! This request will be easy!

...Byron, she just left your house.

She lives like two rooms down from you, Byron.

: I want you to take this to Dorothy for me.

: It seems she’s running low on medical supplies. So, if you could deliver this to her, that would be a big help.

Despite Dorothy’s more outgoing demeanor in this second generation, she seems to like hiding herself behind Ray.

The Noel Grass description is funnier than anything I will actually say in this LP, so please appreciate it. (also there are still no dwarves in this game, they keep bringing them up but they don’t show up until RF3)

: Really? Thank you so much...I use this to make medicine, but I just ran out. Thank you, Anna.

Now on back to Byron.

Not an exciting reward, but it wasn’t exactly a dangerous quest we embarked on either.

The riddle the statue presented is pretty easily solved when you look for the only flower with “moon” in the name. Oddly, this isn’t even a Summer flower for Blessia, we’ll have to raise this one in Trieste.

So, if we’re heading there already, it can’t hurt to see what Tanya wants.

Tanya’s definition of “pushing” is a little iffy. We’ve killed the coolest mollusc known to mankind, these are Ants.

: Ants are nocturnal, so they’ll only come out at night. Watch your back out there! You might just get chomped from behind!

Side note, I love how every other adult holds this firm line on “don’t go in the dungeons” and Tanya goes “I’ll pay you to beat up the wildlife in my name.”

Well, we’ll bring Audry again for the first time to help out.

I decided I want to do some cooking before heading into the dungeon, but apparently Audry isn’t welcome in the school. That’s some bullshit.

Here’s the animation for preparing fish!

Here’s the result of me trying to prepare fish at Cooking level one!

This description is also really good.

Young love is so heartwarming.

Well, fish was a no go. So let’s try out Mixers. This lands us the recipes for Apple Juice, Pineapple Juice, Tomato Juice, Grape Juice, and Strawberry…Milk.

I also took “How To Make Tasty Snacks”, which teaches French Fries, Donuts, Sweetie Potato, Poundcake, and the depressingly corrected “Chocolate Cookie”, which had a holiday based around it in the last game where every NPC yelled about “CHOCO COOKIE”.

I can’t believe I’m looking back on RF1 with nostalgia, thanks, Mana.

By the way, failing at cooking? That apparently takes a lot of RP. Ouch. Thankfully it’s just Trieste Forest, and nothing in there is really a threat anymore.

I did have to clear out a new field to plant the Moondrops, though, but that’s not much of a problem. It goes quickly.

While waiting for the Ants to come out, I did some resource gathering. More ore and gems are always helpful to have on the shelf.

Fish, too, might help…eventually. I hope.

Here they are!

The ants go down without even a full combo of the Wind Sword, so this is mostly just busy work for the level Anna’s at.

I just tried to drag them into Audry’s line of fire. Apparently it can stun! Good for you, Audry!

...Audry, you shot the spawner.

Take five, pal.

Well, that was easy. Unfortunately Tanya goes to bed at 6:00 PM, so I’ll have to hit the hay before turning the quest in.

You don’t have to see that, though. LP Magic.

: I knew it. You’ve got potential. Real potential. Here’s your reward!

Not really worth it, but Tanya’s appreciation is reward enough.

Plus, we get more Battle Hints.

You know, I was going to make a comment about how it’s weird that someone whose livelihood depends on selling weapons wants you to make your own weapons.

Then I realized that Tanya just loves swords that much. Sword Mom still the best character in this game, not a surprise.

But we got some Apples in Trieste, so let’s see if…

Well.

oh gently caress yes we did it lp over

To cap this off, I want to show the result of something we did a while ago. I Greenified that one Strawberry tile, remember? That gives us a Level 2 Strawberry, which sells for a lot more, but it’s just one fruit. Seems pointless. But…

We’ve got that Seed Maker.

And a Level 2 input means a pack of Level 2 Seeds. You can keep repeating this process and raising the levels of your crops to make some much better cash via farming. I probably won’t be showing it off in such detail in the future, but just know that this is how the process works.

Next time, we’ll hopefully finish up Blessia for good.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Deep thoughts: What the hell did Anna even do to burn fish she was just chopping with a knife?

I'm assuming she confused the oven with the knife and wondered why the fish wasn't chopping itself.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Haifisch posted:

I'm assuming she confused the oven with the knife and wondered why the fish wasn't chopping itself.

please don't doxx me

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So you start out completely inept at cooking and can only practice once a day? Ouch.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Glazius posted:

So you start out completely inept at cooking and can only practice once a day? Ouch.

You can practice until your RP/HP run dry, but it does consume all ingredients, even on a failure, and it takes a while for your level to go up. So it's far more obnoxious to level than most other skills in the game.

Haifisch posted:

Deep thoughts: What the hell did Anna even do to burn fish she was just chopping with a knife?

one of those came out of the blender too

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSheQ7LgJ4

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Hey, so, this is unfortunate but I have to do it.

The LP's going to go on a hiatus for a while.

You've probably noticed I'm not updating as frequently, and that a lot of the recent updates aren't...great. I think it's because I'm getting a pretty heavy case of the LPer Burnout, which is an unfortunate affliction, but not an incurable one. I've also got a lot of real life duties to work on, and my free time is becoming a rarer and rarer resource.

I want to finish this game, but I also want to make sure the finished product isn't a rushed mess of an LP that I wasn't putting my best effort into, so I'll be taking a break to come back with fresh eyes and hopefully better material.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on quitting, and I'm not planning on cutting anything (we are absolutely still having that Jake Bonus Update), I'm just going to wait and do those things better.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

LordHippoman posted:

Hey, so, this is unfortunate but I have to do it.

The LP's going to go on a hiatus for a while.

You've probably noticed I'm not updating as frequently, and that a lot of the recent updates aren't...great. I think it's because I'm getting a pretty heavy case of the LPer Burnout, which is an unfortunate affliction, but not an incurable one. I've also got a lot of real life duties to work on, and my free time is becoming a rarer and rarer resource.

I want to finish this game, but I also want to make sure the finished product isn't a rushed mess of an LP that I wasn't putting my best effort into, so I'll be taking a break to come back with fresh eyes and hopefully better material.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on quitting, and I'm not planning on cutting anything (we are absolutely still having that Jake Bonus Update), I'm just going to wait and do those things better.

No problems, if it's not fun for you there's no reason to force yourself.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah dude, no problem. Life should always come before pleasing internet strangers

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
For sure. Take your time and come back to it when you’re ready and refreshed. For what it’s worth I love the LP even if I don’t post much, (I lurk too much.)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm shocked and appaled that you'd prioritize real life over playing a dumb farming sim for our entertainment.

Seriously though, take all the time you need.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Seriously, take a break if you need it! Especially from this game, of all games.

(Just don't forget this thread will get archived if it's inactive for 2 months, and we can't un-archive threads.)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

You deserve a good break after giving us lots of good entertainment :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
You're a good Hippo, man. I'll still be reading when you come back. :patriot:

(And yeah, like Solumin said, this is a great time for a break. :sweatdrop: )

• Locked thread