Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Rosalind especially if we take her name.
Alicia for runner up because of the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Alicia, Rosalind as runner-up.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
I am gonna go with Julia, then Cecilia. I like Julia's design, and I also want to save Celcilia from Jake.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I will vote for Dorothy with Yue as the backup.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

Yue, else Alicia

Gotta hand it to someone who knows exactly what they want and how to get it.

Not emptyquoting.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Alicia's magnificent hat, followed by it's owner. That's obviously a double vote for Alicia.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alicia, Yue as runner-up.

I'm shamed to admit I went with Mana the one time I could stand to play through RF2. Let us not repeat that blunder.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Alicia, Yue as runner-up.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Played through this again a couple months back with the caveat that I was going to basically power through this part? I started out playing normally, doing quests, etc., and pursuing Dorothy hoping marriage would stop the ellipses (It...maybe? Did? A little?) or that there'd be more to Dorothy if you married her (Nah not really!) and then when I got bored far from the finish line I started stuffing Char in Dorothy's hood and sleeping, and that's it. Worked!

Julia because I'd like to see her quests, Yue second .

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Rosalind first choice
Mana as runner-up
pity vote

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Rosalind. Cecilia as runner up.

I managed to play through the first two thirds of this one before running out of steam. So I'm really interested to see how the game actually ends!

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Alicia's sick hat, with Rosalind as the runner-up.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I want to vote for sword mom.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I'll vote for Cecilia and Dorothy.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yue first, Rosalind runner up.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Cecilia first and Rosalind second.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Mana first, with Alicia as a runner up.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Yue first, then Rosalind

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
Cecilia, then Yue as runner-up.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yue first, second vote to Alicia

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Marry the hat (and its owner I guess). And for runner up, I like the cut of Yue's jib.

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.
Same as many people here, Alicia first and Yue second.

Though I also agree we should be able to get with sword mom. Why are the coolest characters always the ones we can't marry? :sigh:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Metaligatr posted:

Though I also agree we should be able to get with sword mom. Why are the coolest characters always the ones we can't marry? :sigh:
Because they're always Unfathomably Old in anime terms, which means they're in their late 20s at youngest instead of late teens/early 20s.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
In fairness, Bandan looks to be maybe 15-16, so it'd be a little squicky for him to be shacking up with someone who has non-infantile kids of their own.

So really, the problem is that anime protagonists are always teenagers at best, instead of being adults.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Cecilia, then Rosalind as runner up. If we can't get fabulously wealthy by mining gemstones (and giving them to Cecilia. IIRC her affinity for gems has her favorite gifts carries over into RF2), then we should marry into money.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's worth noting that if you marry a girl with other romantic options, their would-be suitor invariably ends up shacking with Yue instead. There is a reason for this. It's dumb.

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

Cecilia, then Rosalind as runner up. If we can't get fabulously wealthy by mining gemstones (and giving them to Cecilia. IIRC her affinity for gems has her favorite gifts carries over into RF2), then we should marry into money.

But this is a good choice, if only because: a) Jake is dumb and b) I haven't actually seen either of these paths when I played in the past (I tended to pursue Alicia and Dorothy, the former because she's the only one who doesn't look like a child and the latter because Douglas is awesome.)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

KataraniSword posted:

It's worth noting that if you marry a girl with other romantic options, their would-be suitor invariably ends up shacking with Yue instead. There is a reason for this. It's dumb.

If you go with Alicia, does that mean Yue ends up alone? Or vice versa?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

If you go with Alicia, does that mean Yue ends up alone? Or vice versa?

Alicia and Mana will never get married, unless you marry them.

If you marry Dorothy, Julia, Rosalind or Cecilia, the rival guy will get married to Yue.

If you marry Alicia or Mana or Yue, the other two will be forever alone.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Wow, the Yue support is surprising. Didn't see that one coming. Looks like Julia and Mana are bringing up the rear, a tragic fall of the Bath Lady and Default Choice archetypes from the last LP.

I wanted to mention that the next couple updates might be slow to come out, but I'm still working on it. Some personal events are going down that take some precedence over RF2.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Rosalind, then Yue.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Alicia is the only one that looks like an actual adult, but Dorothy looks like a good runner up, if only because her dad is great.

Riftali
Aug 14, 2017
Alicia

Runner up vote is, wait till year 2, 14th of Summer and marry Cecilia just to annoy Jake.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Rosalind for both votes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ALICIA/ALICIA
wine and sweet potatoes

Les get crunk

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Alicia for both.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Alicia, runner-up Mana.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Man, I will never understand peoples' taste in clothes. It's a standard witches hat that's fallen over, except purple with a couple gaudy decorations. I can't understand picking Alicia as the marriage candidate on that basis. Now, the thing about her being the only one who looks like an adult on the other hand makes perfect sense, even if I don't personally care because these games are dumb about that and I stopped trying to make sense of it.

My vote goes for cockblocking JakeCecilia twice.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Alicia first, with Yue runner-up.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Alicia first, then another runner up vote Cecilia to cockblock Jake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glocknar
May 17, 2017
Cecillia because screw Jake, followed by That Amazing Hat (and owner)

• Locked thread