Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Oh man ground floor of a LordHippoman LP :allears:

I like DougJr for our intrepid hero/farmer, because we aspire to be the best character. Or someone pic a good Legend of Mana/Sword of Mana hero name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
What is this, Toxic Masculinity: The Game? A real man buys stuff and swings his sword around!

Anyway, marry Ray and run the chillest farm.

....what, no marrying dudes? Well, at least that hat more than makes up for it! Alicia has my vote for now.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

All the shots for the next update are already done, it just takes a while because ugh, manually transcribing everything is a hell of a thing.

:catstare: why are you doing it manually? Don't do it manually. There's a lot of free OCR tools out there these days. Have you tried this? http://salp.wikia.com/wiki/Automatically_Transcribe_Text_from_Screenshots

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Hey LordHippoman I think I have an easy way for you to automatically extract text from the images. I've only tested it with a couple images though, and it's only designed for normal dialogue boxes, like this:

Which can be transformed into:

From which an OCR tool can get:

quote:

Rosalind

Press the L Button and the A Button
to open the Quick Select: Item menu.
Then press the A Button while Facing
me to give me the item.

Pretty close! Other screenshots are a bit more off (lowercase l and y might give trouble) but better than manually transcribing.
(in fact, if you put in the time to train a tool, you could get really close to perfect results.)
I even saved the character name so you can easily identify who is saying what.

I used gImageReader (https://github.com/manisandro/gImageReader) which uses the Tesseract engine. A bunch of other options that all use that engine may be found here.
You'll also need ImageMagick.

1. Open a cmd.exe window in the directory with all your screenshots in it. I assume every image is 512x384, the size that you've uploaded them as.
2. Let's say all your pictures are named something like "capture_<a whole bunch of numbers>.png". Execute this command:

quote:

magick convert -region 208x19+0+232 -negate +region -crop 475x135+0+232 -threshold 50% -fill white -region 268x30+207+0 -colorize 100 -region 475x18+0+18 -colorize 100 -region 12x117+0+18 -colorize 100 capture_*.png out_*.png
You'll need to change the bolded part if your files are named differently.
3. You'll now have a folder full of images that look like the one above, which are named "out_0.png". (They'll be numbered in order they were processed.)
4. Open up gImageReader, use the folder icon to add all the images, and press the "Recognize All" button.
You'll have a dump of all the text in the images. You'll have to do some proofreading, unfortunately. You might want to run this on just the images that have dialogue boxes, otherwise you'll get a lot of garbled results.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Rosalind especially if we take her name.
Alicia for runner up because of the hat.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

biosterous posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO FARMING

Can we please change the thread title?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yesss!

Thanks, mods. Thods.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Boy, I picked a great time to catch up with this LP!

He wants you to what now?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Go play Pyre, it is extremely good.

You really weren't kidding that the real game starts here!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

This is brilliant. It sums up RF2 well.

It's really frustrating to me that she asks the wrong question, and Barrett answers the question she didn't ask.

It's a dojo! The monsters are summoned so you can train against them! That's why Barrett is there! It's his job!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Haifisch posted:

So does level 99 forging instill an intense love of swords in you, then? :v:

The bit about Tanya might be my favorite thing in this game. :allears:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That boss just redeemed this game.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Seriously, take a break if you need it! Especially from this game, of all games.

(Just don't forget this thread will get archived if it's inactive for 2 months, and we can't un-archive threads.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
They're a pretty realistic mechanic. A bad storm in real life could ruin a farmer.

But, as usual, realism doesn't make a game good! There's nothing you can do about these storms except pick up the pieces after they hit.

One solution would be to give us a way to mitigate hurricane damage. Let us install wind breaks or something! We could choose to invest resources in hurricane prevention or just roll the dice on how bad the storms will be.

What was the gritty harvest moon game? Peasants Story? Hurricanes would fit in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You're living my nightmare, man. An RF2 LP isn't really worth the financial burden of professional data recovery, even one as fun as this one.

I hope to see another LP from you in the future, I've really enjoyed all the ones you've done. Take it easy, don't let this bad luck keep you down!

• Locked thread