Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is the traditional post requesting Troy thanklessly slave his days away on the Misery Farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LordHippoman posted:

We've met four of the seven marriage choices now, and I'll be setting up a poll again once we get all of them. I want to get married ASAP in this game because it locks off a TON OF STUFF for...plot reasons. I'm being really cagey about this but I think it was an advertised feature of the game.

Yeah, it's like A Wonderful Life in that regard, though not nearly as extreme.

It's a shame really, I wish these farming life sims did make married life more integrated into the core gameplay rather than a "post-credits reward" thing, and the only two games that really do that are among the least liked due to dated gameplay mechanics (and in AWL's case, a dearth of interesting content relative to the expected playtime).

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TurnipFritter posted:

It strikes me as a lot more reasonable than "every town has a derelict farm whose proprietress gives to the first amnesiac that wanders into town"

I love how this critical plot conceit gets even more ridiculous with each installment in the series.

As for Jake the Horribly Insecure Halfbreed... uh, maybe Tabitha and now Cecilia being elven servants is supposed to subtly imply racism? I dunno, I always found RF elves to be the among the least odious kind in fiction, being basically long-lived humans with pointy ears without the usual arrogance for the privileged ones or the self-pity of the put-upon ones. Jake is pretty much the exception, and that's just because he's a dick.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alicia, Yue as runner-up.

I'm shamed to admit I went with Mana the one time I could stand to play through RF2. Let us not repeat that blunder.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'll be mean and suggest Steak and Eggs for the not-Cow and not-Chicken.

• Locked thread