Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

...What.

I can't help feeling like this comes from a completely different game somehow, but I have no idea which one. It most certainly isn't a Rune Factory game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Coolguye posted:

she looks like she's about to swallow my soul and erase all memories of my existence

Yeah, that picture definitely gives me the creeps. Kinda like she's liable to go on a rampage to annihilate all her competition at the slightest provocation. Competition for what... I'm not sure, and I most certainly don't want to know unless it involves her coming after me (and that just so I can try to fight her off).

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

LordHippoman posted:

Jake’s here to bring Fantasy Racism into the plot, which has...never been a factor before and I don’t know if it ever is again.

Fantasy Racism is actually a central plot point in RF3, if I'm understanding things correctly.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Alicia, Rosalind as runner-up.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Nice.

You can get married and stuff but it'll be nice if you could get other villagers to high fp and have them tell you how awesome you are and how happy they are to see you.

Well, there's not much reason to avoid making friends with everyone, I should think. Only vaguely problematic aspects I can see are time investment (needing to hunt everyone down every day) and resource management (gifts, and the money to buy them).

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Since I am an insufferable (your mileage may vary) source of mythology gags, my vote is for a Woolie named Micah. Yes, there's already one of those in a different LP; I don't care, this game doesn't have one and therefore I am seeking to rectify that lack.

Yes, the fact that Rune Factory 3's protagonist has Micah as his default name has everything to do with my vote.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
What, is it finally wife vote time?

edit: Wait, never mind, I think we already did that one... maybe I should double-check before posting.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Huh. So it wasn't just me; apparently the update itself was flawed.

Anyway, hope you can manage to fix it (preferably in a way that allows you to keep your files)! Though if you can at least get a command prompt going (and you have some form of external storage) you should be able to back them up just in case...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Good to hear that this LP is still on.

Incidentally, a bit of advice for the future for anyone willing to listen: Always keep all your LP stuff (or at least a fully up-to-date backup thereof) on an external drive. That way, if your computer dies you can just plug said drive into the replacement and not lose anything. And yes, I learned that lesson pretty much exactly this way. Yes, I've done LPs, though they were both in a megathread.

• Locked thread