Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Somberbrero posted:

max you seem uncharacteristically aggressive.

He didn't seem aggressive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Would daycop redneck, mainly cause that vote on Sandwolf looks awful suspicious. Combined with the fact he also hasn't been posting much, it makes him look like scum - but I didn't post all that much in my last game, and I was town, so it's a null point by itself imo. Still reinforces the fact that the only post he's made is a vote for someone without a reason. That's pretty scummy to me.

##vote redneck nazgul

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Flamander posted:

Would daycop redneck, mainly cause that vote on Sandwolf looks awful suspicious. Combined with the fact he also hasn't been posting much, it makes him look like scum - but I didn't post all that much in my last game, and I was town, so it's a null point by itself imo. Still reinforces the fact that the only post he's made is a vote for someone without a reason. That's pretty scummy to me.

##vote redneck nazgul

this is a lot of words for a lurker to overjustify their own lurker-lunch choice

##vote Flamander

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Stop scooping my thoughts

##vote Flamander

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
flam is newer, you big goons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Flam isn't that new and I agree that it was a bad post that contradicts itself right in the middle.

"He made a scummy vote and hasn't been posting, but I wasn't posting and I was town so it that doesn't make him scum but reinforces that he's scummy and made a scummy vote."

Still want to vote Sandwolf who hasn't posted yet since the game started, but would switch to Flam.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Sandwolf hasn't posted at all on the forums in three days...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Flam isn't that new and I agree that it was a bad post that contradicts itself right in the middle.

"He made a scummy vote and hasn't been posting, but I wasn't posting and I was town so it that doesn't make him scum but reinforces that he's scummy and made a scummy vote."

Still want to vote Sandwolf who hasn't posted yet since the game started, but would switch to Flam.

he's played 7 games.

yeah the post is poorly worded but it's emotionally honest in a way that i don't think scum are capable of. when you're playing scum, do you often take a brief aside to comment on your crappy play in the middle of making a point?

he's making the valid point that lurking is alignment neutral and that redneck's vote was scummy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Sandwolf hasn't posted at all on the forums in three days...

is he still traveling or something? He was absent for big stretches of time in my last game with him too.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

Asiina, I've been in six Mafia games on these forums before this. Out of those games, I died within the first couple days on more than half of them (FF5, Both Choose Your Own Cartridges, Flavorful). On the others, I made it fairly far (D4-5 on Mega Man Mafia 2, second-to-last day on Ravenswood Haunting).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

it's emotionally honest in a way that i don't think scum are capable of.

oh my sweet summer child

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Asiina, I've been in six Mafia games on these forums before this. Out of those games, I died within the first couple days on more than half of them (FF5, Both Choose Your Own Cartridges, Flavorful). On the others, I made it fairly far (D4-5 on Mega Man Mafia 2, second-to-last day on Ravenswood Haunting).

So?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Flamander posted:

I've been in a few games of mafia here before, actually.

They have lost their right to claim newbie, much less some other player.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok I was ignoring Sombers comment about me before because it was literally day 1 of day 1 but I don't get that emotionally honest comment at all.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

When it boils down to it, I've only had 2 games and 4 d2s worth of experience. One scum, one town. That was my point.

Anyways, my argument contradicts itself, right? Mind pointing out how so? Because you missed out a bit. 'By itself.' I was saying that the vote wasn't necessarily enough evidence. He could have posted soon after, giving a reason. Or even post at all. But the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread that much apart from a joke conversation about popping shortly after the game's start, that vote that basically says 'holy poo poo sandwolf is in this???' and his signup leads me to believe that redneck's probably scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Ok I was ignoring Sombers comment about me before because it was literally day 1 of day 1 but I don't get that emotionally honest comment at all.

Yeah that seems to be reading a bit much into it, where's all this emotional content you're talking about, Somber?

Flamander posted:

Anyways, my argument contradicts itself, right? Mind pointing out how so? Because you missed out a bit. 'By itself.' I was saying that the vote wasn't necessarily enough evidence. He could have posted soon after, giving a reason. Or even post at all. But the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread that much apart from a joke conversation about popping shortly after the game's start, that vote that basically says 'holy poo poo sandwolf is in this???' and his signup leads me to believe that redneck's probably scum.

The funny thing is, I thought that for a sec too, that nazgul was throwing stones in glass houses there. But while his vote on Sandwolf might be a bit hypocritical, it was hardly without reason. The reason was: Sandwolf is mad lurking.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
man ya'll being pendantic as gently caress.

i'll break it down once i'm done at work but seriously, how do you see flam's posting as anything other than new town?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

"Lurking is a null tell, except when it isn't."

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Sandwolf (2): redneck nazgul, Asiina
Flamander (2): Bifauxnen, Max
Hal Incandenza (1): Jamuraan
Bifauxnen (1): Podima
redneck nazgul (1): Bifauxnen, Flamander, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, Mithross, Sandwolf, Somberbrero

With 11 hunies, it's 6 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by July 30th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 36 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hi I'm here. Is redneck a name change? Because I've literally never heard of them and they're exclaiming of me in the game feels super disingenuous if I've never actually heard of them.

Sorry for being mad lurky, y'all, but c'mon it has been the weekend.

I don't like the people pressing Flamander that hard, it's a pretty innocent statement. "Yeah, I get it, he's lurking, that's scummy. But recently, I was town and lurked, so, bluh." Which is saying nothing, but it's absolutely a thought process I feel like I see occur every game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Redneck Nazgul is The Betrayer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Redneck Nazgul is The Betrayer

Or MEDS CURE SCHIZOS I guess if you are from that era of mafia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Or MEDS CURE SCHIZOS I guess if you are from that era of mafia

I can't believe you don't know how long I've been round here, I remember The Betrayer and his Car av.

Hey Betrayer, that vote still feels weird, was it a lurker vote?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I can't believe you don't know how long I've been round here, I remember The Betrayer and his Car av.

Hey Betrayer, that vote still feels weird, was it a lurker vote?

Oh I know, I was just letting everyone else know

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I don't like the people pressing Flamander that hard, it's a pretty innocent statement. "Yeah, I get it, he's lurking, that's scummy. But recently, I was town and lurked, so, bluh." Which is saying nothing, but it's absolutely a thought process I feel like I see occur every game.

well it sounds a lot better now the way you said it

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
The Betrayer... Now that is a name I have not heard in a very long time.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm perfectly okay with my Hal vote. Considering he's not directly addressed me, I am concerned.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jamuraan posted:

I'm perfectly okay with my Hal vote. Considering he's not directly addressed me, I am concerned.

i didn't directly respond to you either, what's the difference? what do you expect hal to say to 'he scum'?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

i didn't directly respond to you either, what's the difference? what do you expect hal to say to 'he scum'?

Like maybe even just a little something

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

Also I didn't vote you

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nah, wasn't a lurker vote. More of a policy vote.

He has been challenged. In the ways of old.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

Cool, you have any other thoughts on this mafia game you signed up for?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

redneck nazgul posted:

You haven't played mafia with me in like, three years, and you're going to policy vote me?

???

##vote redneck

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I can get behind that vote. Sandwolf is saying things now, redneck has done nothing. Death to lurkers.

##vote redneck

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i don't understand the juxtaposition of these two things. my issue isn't with your content, it's how you are presenting it. it seems like this day cop thing is more important to you than pushing reads, am i wrong?

Please explain to me what reads I was supposed to push at the time of the original post, based on the complete dearth of content in the thread. Where are you going with this?

Also this is the best response to the daycop question, everyone pack it up:

Asiina posted:

Also if I daycopped bif and she was scum I would feel so goddamn good after what happened in FF5 that it might just make up for it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Redneck's sad excuse for a policy vote is bad, agree. Not feeling the Flamander post/vote on him though, that was hedgey as heck.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Redneck's sad excuse for a policy vote is bad, agree. Not feeling the Flamander post/vote on him though, that was hedgey as heck.

:agreed: Would also vote Flam.

Still also having ~feelings~ about Somber, but that's mostly gut.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Yeah I can get behind that vote. Sandwolf is saying things now, redneck has done nothing. Death to lurkers.

##vote redneck

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Like maybe even just a little something

I wouldn't give you the pleasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

How can I give a better reason when there's no content?

• Locked thread