Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

lol i thought everyone being a mason pair while i was the only scum would lead to a mass claim and end me.

we tried to end you! But we didnt know how hosed the night actions were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hahahaha I was so confused as to how there could be other scumteams since other than N2 all of the NKs were people I submitted to be killed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i assumed max was a bp serial killer. i was really close to fullclaiming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

lol i thought everyone being a mason pair while i was the only scum would lead to a mass claim and end me.

I was extremely proud of calling your bluff on that.

It was very scary.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hahahaha oh poo poo so Somber/Bif actually were in a masonry? Hahaha that's classic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Finding out the secret was absolutely hilarious.

I was really proud of my scum game wherein I was so obviously town. :(

I love how everyone had fake opinions the entire goddamn game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Finding out the secret was absolutely hilarious.

I was really proud of my scum game wherein I was so obviously town. :(

I love how everyone had fake opinions the entire goddamn game.

That's hilarious, I was wondering how it was that I was scum and yet people were actually acting way scummier than I was lol.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

was i bulletproof?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone calling me town was just the most rude thing lmao.

Also I was really annoyed at the game being surprise-flipless because I wanted payoff for how I bussed Flamander on Day 1. Sorry about that, by the way!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

With Somber popped, yandere-chan finally gets to be alone with her s-... sen...pai... this is loving weird but the "insufferable weaboo" ends up being the senpai. Go figure.

Suki, as played by Murmur Twin has earned 7 points and takes the title of "Best Girl" among the hunies.

Which is lovely, because the true winner is of course, yandere-chan, as played by Max.

Yay Max, you and me kid! :peanut:

Max posted:

Your pinky swear is garbage.

:sadpeanut:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Everyone calling me town was just the most rude thing lmao.

Also I was really annoyed at the game being surprise-flipless because I wanted payoff for how I bussed Flamander on Day 1. Sorry about that, by the way!

I, too, bussed my teammate, but then he replaced out and so I got to walk it back and defend my scumbuddy hardcore which was a fun realization of flipless.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haha, I just didn't know what was going on and didn't want to break character yet. Your pinky swear means a lot.

This feels like a weird victory.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somber why didn't you budge on MMT?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This was a very fun and confusing read. After death note mafia, might I suggest Dream Daddy as the next pera strange steam experimental mafia game?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Haha, I just didn't know what was going on and didn't want to break character yet. Your pinky swear means a lot.

Ahh I was just joking around, we still cool! Mainly I just think :peanut: and :sadpeanut: are hilarious smileys lol

Like I always try to be honest in real life because it tends to make everything better, but if I'm assigned scum in a game about deception I'm not going to feel all that bad if I'm dishonest in that one particular circumstance.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same.

I'm glad I didn't waver on that Bif night kill.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

This was a very fun and confusing read. After death note mafia, might I suggest Dream Daddy as the next pera strange steam experimental mafia game?

I haven't gotten to it!

and honestly after that it'll probably be Ladykiller in a Bind <3

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dream Daddy is a legit good game

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

This feels like a weird victory.

OH LOOK SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS WHERE I ENDED UP WITH MMT AT THE END OF MYST. God drat it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I groaned so hard when I saw that I had agreed to sub into a game where I was scum (after FF5 I was thoroughly rattled on the concept) but found a small / flipless / (supposedly) role-light game to be a nice palette cleanser. It's so much easier to fake cases in a game like this (even though now I get why that was, lol)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

OH LOOK SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS WHERE I ENDED UP WITH MMT AT THE END OF MYST. God drat it.

this is gonna be one hell of a dream team hey

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope you all enjoyed the completely made up Haiku thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

I love that this was the first game I ever actually made up crazy poo poo for no reason as scum, and that our team wasn't even alone in it either

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Hahahaha Sandwolf was 110% right that I thought you might have gotten modkilled and was betraying my excitement at the thought :f5:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I had a whole plan to say I was hated for two days because of it but then I was put at -1 so it wouldn't work anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If anyone tested it the next day I'd reaveal it was just hated for one day and then call them a sucker.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i am gonna loving cry all night the first time i have to actually modkill someone

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
modkill everyone forever

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

I mean to be fair Max ended up working with me and the game ended with a happy ending for my character.

Myst ended with my trust being shattered and my sister being kidnapped and...

*trails off*

:smith:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
the only way to mod a mafia game is to hate your players for ruining your perfect setup by playing wrong.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I mean to be fair Max ended up working with me and the game ended with a happy ending for my character.

*trails off*

Myst ended okay. :thumbsup:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

*trails off*

I don't know what you're talking about Charles is our best bud

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Way to doxx me?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

team emptyquote strikes again!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

On night 1, Asiina/MMT and Max decided to kill Podima, eliminating the first team.

On night 2, a combination of Bif/Somber and Asiina/MMT killed Mithross, with Mithross/Sandwolf and Max killing Asiina.

On night 3, Max and MMT killed Hal.

On night 4, in front of gods and men, MMT joined Max in killing Bifauxnen, leaving us with these three.

With Somber popped, yandere-chan finally gets to be alone with her s-... sen...pai... this is loving weird but the "insufferable weaboo" ends up being the senpai. Go figure.

Suki, as played by Murmur Twin has earned 7 points and takes the title of "Best Girl" among the hunies.

Which is lovely, because the true winner is of course, yandere-chan, as played by Max.

GOOD END
[#serialkillervictory]

yandere!Huniepopfia Doc

Wait how come we were the only N1 killers? Did no one else submit one or something?

Hahaha there were points where I thought there might be other scumteams or an SK but Asiina dying was the only death I coudn't explain.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
What happened to Hal and I's kill on N1?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait how come we were the only N1 killers? Did no one else submit one or something?

Hahaha there were points where I thought there might be other scumteams or an SK but Asiina dying was the only death I coudn't explain.

the nightkill worked like this:

Max got to pop whoever he wanted as a juggernaut, period.

after that, the scumteams each had a vote - so long as a target had two votes, they'd get got. Asiina had an early lead and once she was gone, MMT was on literally every kill one way or another. What mattered for points was that the person died (even if Max did the popping), what mattered for scumkill was at least two votes from the teams. so on night one, Bif and Somber voted Mithross alone; Mithross and Sandwolf voted Somber alone; Hal and Jam voted MMT alone; Pod swung for Asiina but died; and Asiina & MMT swung for Podima - as did Max. Max did the killing, Asina and MMT got a point each. Points really didn't matter and were there only as an emergency tiebreaker.

I've detailed it all out in the doc, but every night at least one team chose to eliminate who Max targeted including Night 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like how every team had the same thought we did N2 which was "Mithross is a safe kill"

• Locked thread