Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I guess so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm gonna kill Hal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hi I'm here. Is redneck a name change? Because I've literally never heard of them and they're exclaiming of me in the game feels super disingenuous if I've never actually heard of them.

Sorry for being mad lurky, y'all, but c'mon it has been the weekend.

I don't like the people pressing Flamander that hard, it's a pretty innocent statement. "Yeah, I get it, he's lurking, that's scummy. But recently, I was town and lurked, so, bluh." Which is saying nothing, but it's absolutely a thought process I feel like I see occur every game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Or MEDS CURE SCHIZOS I guess if you are from that era of mafia

I can't believe you don't know how long I've been round here, I remember The Betrayer and his Car av.

Hey Betrayer, that vote still feels weird, was it a lurker vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

redneck nazgul posted:

Nah, wasn't a lurker vote. More of a policy vote.

He has been challenged. In the ways of old.

You haven't played mafia with me in like, three years, and you're going to policy vote me?

???

##vote redneck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not overly fond of that statement by Hal. It feels like a weird way of dampening suspicion without sticking his neck out.

I'm also about to be at a tailgate for a soccer game (go Juventus!) so I'll be around later, but spotty throughout the day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

this one.

Betrayer could still be scum in this game, just because he wasn't in those others.

People did give reasoning. His policy lynch statement, do you have any opinion on that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Policy lynch just seems like typical betrayer stuff if it didn't I wouldn't have an issue with voting him

Can you elaborate on this? Haven't played with him in a minute.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal/Jam, who do you posit is a better option to lynch today?

I understand y'all digging your heels in, but unless you have a better alternative..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry dude, didn't mean to yuck your yum so much. But if your vote on me was a policy lynch vote, I don't get how it was supposed to be construed as a joke.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not in a masonry, and I know this is a little role PM-y, but I don't really have anything alluding to that either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So, what the what, Max?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I guess. It just seems like it may have been a bit more inconsequential than you hoped.

I was gonna go read through and see who helped steer the Flamander lynch to look for scum, but then I realized he could have been scum anyways.

I've not played in a flipless game in a long, long time. Aren't we essentially just lynching until we've either lost or won?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

I have an eye on Sandwolf as well - he's posting, but outside of casing nazgul for lurking he hasn't really cased anyone or made any effort to find scum.

Yeah sorry this flipless stuff has a learning curve. I keep rereading and feel all stilted ignoring all connections to and from Podima/Flam.

I really don't like the way the vote switched so rapidly from MMT to Flam yesterday. I understand why it happened, MMT posted a bit and there was some pre-existing suspicion on him from earlier but.. something about the way the conversation goes makes me so uneasy. But I don't even know if it's worth loving following cuz Flam may have even been scum and it could have been a totally organic D1 scramble and then I'll end up with tunnel vision on some town.

I'm finding myself a little frustrated is all.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't like MT throwing that vote there, I accept the reasoning, but they should remove it unless they've got good reason to have a vote on Hal.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eh, you know what, with nazgul's freakout yesterday and that weird vote, I think ##vote Murmur Twin

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

in fact the more i read that page, the more i like mmt for scum. take a look at this:

versus this:

i don't think it's any coincidence that pod died. there's something fucky about both asiina and hal rushing to clear mmt as she's replaced. i'm wondering if the scum were going for a distancing strategy that picked up more steam than they intended and betrayer was pissed at being bussed, or decided it was best for the team.

it's circumstantial but i don't see any other cases grabbing me. ##vote hal

This post ending in that vote feels just a little disconnected. It starts with suspicion towards MMT and then ends on a vote on Hal? Who currently has three votes?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

the fact that whoever IS Audrey never claimed to point out how irrelevant that was makes me wonder too.

Kind of a big assumption that we're supposed to know these hentai(?) characters by name.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uhhhh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Max posted:

pera game.

Whanna explain what that means? this is my first.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mother of god.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

I don't know why either of them would lie about this. Is it an unconfirmed masonry?

Are you in a masonry with someone pretending to be Bif?

This is so confusing!

I actually also had the second thought here. Wouldn't that require a decent amount of organization by pera though?

I want both of you (Somber and Bif) to give us your perspective.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So, to clarify Bif, you haven't the single foggiest idea what Somber is talking about?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

loving Jesus, so, to clarify Somber, you are actively participating wholesale in a mason partnership with someone who your PM said was Bif? Or said was a character name?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

Somber is it a confirmed or unconfirmed masonry?

Cause like, an unconfirmed masonry is the most innocuous thing ever.

This seems way less noteworthy than the fact that one of the supposed members of the masonry adamantly claims they have no idea what is being referred to.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Max you do see how that seems like it leads to you being Fauxbif?

I'm not saying it definitely, but I feel like whoever Fauxbif is, they're scum. Unless it's para I guess?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

The silver lining to choking as bad as I did in FF5 is that I think I can see it when other people are going through similar stress trying to scum.

##vote Jam for now. I'm going to sleep but look forward to figuring out what's up with that masonry.

You read that entire post and decided he was scum without muster? Wouldn't he be more likely to replace out? I don't like this vote either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't think it's Jamuraan, I don't see the case on him at all, apart from he's lurking? And I still don't like MT's mounting of a case, and don't find Hal's slowly escalating waffling to be particularly persuasive.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That makes me think Fauxbif is pera.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I reckon this masonry poo poo isn't gonna bring us any answers anytime soon, so, why don't we pay attention to the deadline coming up.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I really don't find the case on Jamuraan to be compelling, and the more I look at Hal's second vote there, the more uneasy it makes me.

MT's vote reasoning is extremely flimsy and mostly illusion, there's no real desire to find scum there, just apathy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seriously, don't take my word for it, go read through Murmur Twin's post history, it's less than a page.

Pay attention to every post, even innocent ones like this:

Murmur Twin posted:

I've also never played flipless and agree with the sentiment of "wait, doesn't that mean we're stuck in perpetual d1?" but am always down for a challenge I haven't really seen anything from Jam that's made me change my mind there yet but I guess there's still plenty of time in the game day for that.

Right now my gut leans towards Flam and Pod both having been town - I feel like the d1 lynch resulting in scum is almost as rare as the NK doing it.

The rehashing of the flipless dilemma, light suspicion on Jam (no reasoning), and then some assurance that the two dead are both town.

That's a scummy fuckin' post, dangit!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why does my vote make you uneasy? If nothing else I've been consistent on my thoughts about Jam going back to yesterday. Even if you don't agree with my points I don't see why my vote being on him would seem off to you

Just the way it was dropped without restating the reasoning and 12 hours before deadline. I'm not tryna lynch you over it, just explaining that it getting plonked down there at that time was a little eye-catching.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jam I wish we were masons in this game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Jam I wish we were real masons in this game.

Mafia edit as mafia joke

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hi I'm here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

Granted not everyone has checked in yet but right now if you were to put a gun to my head I'd say it was a Jam/Sand scumteam.

Sandwolf started going after me when I made a case on Jam for it being a fake case. After I explained my rationale he fell quiet instead of arguing it or looking for someone else.

Consider this a virtual vote but this late in the game I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to check in before I start voting.

The brass balls to say Jam, or anyone dead, is one alignment or another is just absolutely bonkers. You trying to draw connections between Jamuraan and myself is insane because we don't know if Jam was town or scum, only the scum do.

I never called your case on Jam fake (I don't like this reframing of it), I called it a cheap imitation. Your points were based on very little, and then extrapolated on a few times with logic similar to you tying me to Jamuraan. Maybe in a normal game it would be more sensical, but the dead tell us very little here.

I think you know that, but don't have any more authentic calls to fall back on. You were wrong about Jam yesterday and you're wrong about me today, and I feel as if you've even begun to set up who you're going to lynch tomorrow.

##vote MMT

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I sound sure about Jam because I just played in Temple mafia with him and we talked a lot, I felt like we were getting that exact same Jam in this game, just a more personally exhausted version.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

While I love Max posting in haikus it definitely makes him harder to read

I actually have thought about this and I think I've deduced that things like the PR and the non-masonry are either coming from pera or other people outside the game.

No ones claimed doing them, and while claiming the fake-masonry would look scummy, anyone could give a PR as a nulltell really.

So I don't think we should not look at Max just cuz he's stuck in haiku mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

Is something going to happen as a result of this?

This is a really weird post?

• Locked thread