Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

man i loving guess. jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

peramene posted:

evil pera laugh . mp3

WHERE'S MY ROLE PM

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Max posted:

Weren't you permabanned?

He got better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

w-what happens when you get popped?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Max posted:

What the gently caress do you think happens when you get popped.

something good?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

max you seem uncharacteristically aggressive.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

t(' '(t kirby flippin u off

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

pera what do i gotta do to get a dayvig?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Max posted:

We all know the answer to that. Also, Somber, how do you feel about me now?

not like, good, but it's a gut thing.

i find the roundabout way pod called me out weird. if he thinks i'm scummy, why not make that your point?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Podima posted:

You're making gut calls and calling me out for pointing out mildly suspicious things in the same post, come on now. If I had called you out for being scummy based on that post alone it would've been FAKE NEWS - that one thing isn't enough to make a solid scum call on, but it was worth pointing out nonetheless.

i don't understand the juxtaposition of these two things. my issue isn't with your content, it's how you are presenting it. it seems like this day cop thing is more important to you than pushing reads, am i wrong?

i'd probably cop sandwolf because he's generally lurky.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

flam is newer, you big goons.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

Flam isn't that new and I agree that it was a bad post that contradicts itself right in the middle.

"He made a scummy vote and hasn't been posting, but I wasn't posting and I was town so it that doesn't make him scum but reinforces that he's scummy and made a scummy vote."

Still want to vote Sandwolf who hasn't posted yet since the game started, but would switch to Flam.

he's played 7 games.

yeah the post is poorly worded but it's emotionally honest in a way that i don't think scum are capable of. when you're playing scum, do you often take a brief aside to comment on your crappy play in the middle of making a point?

he's making the valid point that lurking is alignment neutral and that redneck's vote was scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

man ya'll being pendantic as gently caress.

i'll break it down once i'm done at work but seriously, how do you see flam's posting as anything other than new town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Jamuraan posted:

I'm perfectly okay with my Hal vote. Considering he's not directly addressed me, I am concerned.

i didn't directly respond to you either, what's the difference? what do you expect hal to say to 'he scum'?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

No alignments with the flips?

same, i feel like i'm not getting something.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

is that a serious vote?

also a serious question, has pera run mafia before?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

like, what did you expect there bif?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

to be frank i'm a little hesitant to case jammy at all after our last game together.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wouldn't you say he was pretty different this game though?

At least it felt that way to me yesterday.

that's in the absence of any real pressure though. how would interpret that? do you see it as scummy because he was town that last game, or are you saying he's approaching this game with a different attitude?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Bifauxnen posted:

which game are you two talking about?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826604&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

i went in hard on jamsman day one and it went poorly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

... no one else is in a masonry?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a smoking gun is this?

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

in fact the more i read that page, the more i like mmt for scum. take a look at this:

Asiina posted:

That was a garbage replace out, but I think it was alignment neutral, and MMT sweeping into the thread has already provided more content so my lurker bloodlust is satiated.

I don't think anyone is hardcore lurking anymore, so I think the best actual case is on Flam.

##vote Flam

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah kind of lame of Betrayer to take his ball and go but whatever. MMT is a solid replacement.

I would be ok with a vote on Flam, although I need to look him over one more time. I did think his original vote was pretty poor though.

The only thing that bothers me about Jammy is that he is being less obnoxious than he generally is as town, not sure if that is a reaction to the last few games where he got a lot of poo poo about it or if this is his more circumspect scum game.

versus this:

Podima posted:

It's basically a mod meta read, but in the absence of any content it was a fine starting point. I think it's better to set aside at this point in lieu of focusing on actual game content though. Call it a 3-4 now?

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle. MMT's catch on Jammy is pretty good though, I've done that kind of doubling-down on a jokephase vote before as scum.

i don't think it's any coincidence that pod died. there's something fucky about both asiina and hal rushing to clear mmt as she's replaced. i'm wondering if the scum were going for a distancing strategy that picked up more steam than they intended and betrayer was pissed at being bussed, or decided it was best for the team.

it's circumstantial but i don't see any other cases grabbing me. ##vote hal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i don't understand what you don't understand?

mmt jumped on something that clearly didn't mean anything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Sandwolf posted:

This post ending in that vote feels just a little disconnected. It starts with suspicion towards MMT and then ends on a vote on Hal? Who currently has three votes?

i hosed that up, i'm on my... twelvvth hour of this shift. ##vote mmt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Sandwolf posted:

Kind of a big assumption that we're supposed to know these hentai(?) characters by name.

new mafia thread title.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

also i forgot about this earlier, but are bif and i really the only other mason pair?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Bifauxnen posted:

what

did you mix that name up too

no??

if this is a goof i'm too tired to get it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Bifauxnen posted:

okay I just read my PM over again to make sure I didn't skim the gently caress out of it and uh, no we are not masons?

this is news to me

i guess maybe you are unhappy that i outted us but, uh, you said it was fine the other day?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

dude if you are not actually playing coy then... i don't know what the gently caress?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

Somber are they talking in the masonry right now?

no we last talked earlier today. obviously i tried to talk this there now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Sandwolf posted:

loving Jesus, so, to clarify Somber, you are actively participating wholesale in a mason partnership with someone who your PM said was Bif? Or said was a character name?

yeah.

i got a 'call' n0 and entered into a masonry. the flavor said it was an anonymous call now that i check but the sheets doc definitely loving says bif.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

Somber is it a confirmed or unconfirmed masonry?

Cause like, an unconfirmed masonry is the most innocuous thing ever.

unconfirmed.

bif if you're loving with me i swear to god.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

An imposter!

i have been playing mafia for... eight years and i have never seen this. is this a pera thing?

i still actually refuse to believe this is not bif just being an rear end in a top hat.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

This is now officially hilarious.

Somber what has "Bif" been saying? Giving any reads?

like not loving much! so it's like, what was the point of this? we kept missing each other with my work schedules. i'm checking back now.

d1: asks me if i have any other abilities.

we talk a little about jokephase

talks about how town max seems

calls me out for lurking

asks me how i feel about mithross

says something about pod not getting the girl he picked

d2: mostly us missing each other and him calling me out for lurking more

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

this is hard and i need to get my own game back up, stop it.

bif why'd you do this to me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Bifauxnen posted:

mate I love chatting in docs, I even had random Dangan Ronpa chat with imgay that one time we were masons, I seriously wouldn't do this

I am going to go have some lunch and maybe some tequila

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to Other Bif.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Max posted:

It seems fairly definitive.

AND YET

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Bifauxnen posted:

Somber I demand that you demand an essay on Komaeda from Trifauxnen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

im crashing. as lovely as today was, tomorrow looks worse because i have this dickhead manager from another city coming in town for an entire loving week. i'm try to check in again before deadline but if not i fully stand by my murmur vote.

i''m really really trying not to spiral thinking about the mason thing but honestly i think if it's anyone it has to be murmur or maximillion. i just need to get that out there. or bif is just loving with me for reasons i don't understand.

• Locked thread