Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
skimming, not feeling particularly compelled by these cases.

max, how would i know when bif is asleep? checking the doc today, all other-bif has posted in it since then is this:

:o)
(o:

but like two dozen times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

That makes me think Fauxbif is pera.

it fits, i guess, but i don't think even pera would do that to a game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Bif is in Australia, so it's a pretty drastically different schedule.

uuuuuGHHHHHH

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if we're not dunking mmt i guess i need to think harder about my choices today. i am really not feeling her for town though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jam, max, and mith are all not voting. Come on, get some skin in the game. We need something to happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

What things do people see from Jam in these posts? Choose all that apply:

(a) a self-conscious awareness of how others perceive him
(b) effort put into explaining why he's not making cases
(c) cases and votes

I don't want to oversimplify and confuse the issue, but how much of this could be explained as poor town play rather than effective scum play? i see most of that posting as attributable to town as well.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay murmur, the jam case is retroactively fine by me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jamuraan posted:

First you want to lynch MMT and now you're okay with following MMT?

Kinda, yeah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am gonna give Jam a chance to respond before I make my final decision. I think Asiina laid out the issues with that post pretty clearly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm setting an alarm for an hour from now. jam, if you're town, you really should claim. without flips this is absolutely mission critical.

otherwise i'll hammer then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:/

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahaha I was going to try and continue posting in haiku form and struggled mightily with it, sorry Max!

Are you still in the masonry?

Yeah. I just checked and today is the first time they haven't said anything though. I guess that could change though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Again it was a n0, distinct from my role pm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

This is all bluster
There is no substance to it
I will ##vote sandwolf

if there's anyone i'm NOT gonna vote, I feel like it's sandwolf. i've been agreeing with pretty much everything he's been saying.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

:f5:

Is something going to happen as a result of this?

:\ are you actively rooting for a modkill because you're about to win or something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
is it helpful if i actually go through that case? because i'm at work and if no one is here anyway then i'm going to stress about other stuff.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

This is a very bad interpretation of what MMT was saying there and I don't know how you got that read from what she posted.

she seemed way too pumped up for it, you don't see that? you don't see how i could see that?

Max posted:

The person that gave me that PR, whomever they are, should know what just happened to me. It's not beneficial to mention in thread because it can be taken advantage of.

Max posted:

So what I know about masonries is just that everyone should have been in one. Within the flavor I was sad that I couldn't be in a masonry like everyone else was since Kyu got murdered, tradeoff being that I had a little more knowledge of the setup than others and now I understand why since we have a flipless game on our hands.

Though that was a lie if people really weren't in masonries together so I don't know what the point of that even was.

i feel more and more like you are loving with us on this. you have a pr that has a secret trigger when you break it, something that i've never seen in 8 years of mafia. everyone should be in a masonry, except they weren't, just me. you were the one who put that information into the thread, am i supposed to believe this thread is just pera punking us over and over again?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Something good would have happened for me if I had made it through the day while sticking to the Haiku rules.

it also seems implausible that you hosed it up to be honest.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Combination of morning drunk and was playing a game with dr. Maxine. I miscounted the syllables in the middle line

and individually that would be like 'oh okay' but as a whole you can see why i'm struggling, yes?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I really don't see how MMT would be pumped about it since she was the most amused by the pr and I can understand her reaction based on what I said.

The consequence is really not worth mentioning in thread.

i don't see how her being amused by the post follows my point. also, did you miss the sandwolf post about it too?

Sandwolf posted:

This is a really weird post?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Town players usually find it fun, not stressful, to read over their prime scum suspects.

that's a fun bit of shade to throw but not necessary. having someone make a bigass case against you is obviously stressful. it's impossible to say exactly how boned we are given the flipless nature, but i don't feel great about it.

Murmur Twin posted:

But if you're not feeling it, at least answer

we talk briefly about it early on. i say that unconfirmed masons means nothing so we probably want to claim at some point. not-bif says wait until day one is through at least.

Murmur Twin posted:

Somber volunteered the information that he was in the masonry, unprompted.

untrue. i brought it up because of max.

Murmur Twin posted:

Which, fine, I get it that once the mason is exposed as a fake then there's not much to say. But when asked about it, instead of saying that, he kind of mutters out a short answer about it.

Murmur Twin posted:

Like if I were town and in an anonymous mason with someone lying about their identity, I'd be doing my best to engage with that person and reporting the results to town.

these are two completely different ideas in the same post. i don't care for the editorialization about muttering to myself either.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also is the central premise of this case that i threw up some big, attention-getting lie in order to do... what, exactly?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

MMT would care if it helped her win but that wasn't what I was saying?

Somber interpreted it as her rooting for a modkill or something which I didn't read that way at all. She was amused in thread by the or and her reaction to me loving up the pr makes sense to me.

i feel like we're talking past each other. can you see how i can read it that way or no?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't know I wasn't able to put multiple ideas in the same post?

I'm just saying, I think that a masonry with someone lying about their identity is interesting enough to talk about. you paraphrased d1 but then after that you don't really say anything about it at all except answering people when asked.

Was there any conversation at all after the :o)'s?

the ideas are contradicting! you're saying that 'oh when a mason is a fake there's not much to say' and also 'i'd grill them for info.'

i honestly don't know what there is you think i can pull out of this. there was no conversation after the :o) i poked them several times with no response, the doc remained open.

Murmur Twin posted:

(A) Give yourself something to talk about instead of casing people (which was more true at the time I made the point)
(B) Look townie by giving up information that you're in a masonry with a liar (which again - I thought you were town because I couldn't imagine a role that would do that to scum, so if you were doing that it worked)

Why didn't you include that in your paraphased conversation?

okay fair enough to the first point i guess. it seems pointlessly convoluted, but i acknowledge it is a possibility.

as to the second, the key word is 'paraphrased.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sadwolf, do you stand by your mmt vote? i'm getting frustrated to an extent but i feel like their posting today has been town. i think i'd rather vote max.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
'why do you not want to vote sandwolf? what posts of his do you agree with?' - said right before mentioning a point sandwolf and i see eye to eye on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

it's too early, what point are you talking about? Jam being totally townie?

read the thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah dog i'm talking about you. christ. if you read through the past day we've been generally in sync and how are you simultaneously arguing that we're scumbuds pushing the same agenda and ALSO maintain the cognitive dissonance to pretend to not understand why i don't want to loving vote sandwolf? like you understand that we're on the same page! you're referencing it! it's the crux of your case, because sharing perspective is an alignment tell i guess?

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah right after this Somber's even backing up Sand trying to make :f5: into a scumpost too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress is this question

are you trying to take the rhetorical question of "Gee, why don't you want to vote for this guy, is he your potential scumbro hmmmm? :allears: " and answer it with "well if we were scumbros and thus the same alignment of course I would not want to vote for him so why are you pretending not to understand??"

i just

what the gently caress

if your case is that i don't think sandwolf is scum and generally agree with him, meaning that sandwolf and i are scum, then present that argument. i don't know what you're trying to get across right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

What I'm trying to get across is you're backing up Sandwolf a lot in general, but you're being real evasive when pressed to explain any specific points you agree on. Sounds more like you just don't want him to get lunched than you having any solid townie opinions of your own.

What's so scary about saying if you agree or not with Sandwolf being so sure on Jam being town? I'm trying to better understand which things you agree with Sandwolf on and which things you don't.

i dunno if jam was town. on a gut level, yes? give me a list and i'll run through it.

i doubt anyone is actually going to show up, but ##vote max

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
unless this is a no-lynch situation anyway? did we ever come to a consensus on where the other kill came from?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
vOv at least I tried

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What is all this

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Um