Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse
The lions and the lambs ain't sleeping yet

Ok I'll play why not

I need more outlets to prevent rl scumslips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

got almost the whole temple crew back together!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I'm not googling this poo poo, so I'm just going to assume my character is Ebony Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way

Mithross posted:

Hopefully sweet angels come to take me away from this... this... whatever the gently caress this is.

Alternatively, I would accept the silence of the grave.

Cool you sound goffick

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Max posted:

Do the serious reasons involve Ghen?

I thought we all got that out of our systems by now

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Maybe she had an n0 cop

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

This is a good goddamn game and I will not have anyone talking poo poo about it.

Asiina makes a compelling case

##vote Pod

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Oh no he's come down with a case of the Anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Hey Pod is there actually a character named Aubrey or was that just a typo

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mithross sounds like he's protesting too much

##vote Mithross

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

My question to Asiina is open to everyone, BTW. Who would you daycop and why?

I'd daycop Hal cause i can never read him, he always sounds so chill and relaxed but posting just enough content to not be considered a genuine lurker.

btw if you're serious about the Audrey thing, I am not actually her, or Aubrey either

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Asiina posted:

I'm also feeling very like KB this game and have an intense desire to just murder lurkers. Perhaps some pressure is at least in order.

I'd like to keep this up too, only reason the KB crusade didn't work too well in my last game is cause Quid and Hiip and a whole bunch of other people who just refused to post were all town. (also Anidav... who did post)

##vote redneck nazgul

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Flamander posted:

Would daycop redneck, mainly cause that vote on Sandwolf looks awful suspicious. Combined with the fact he also hasn't been posting much, it makes him look like scum - but I didn't post all that much in my last game, and I was town, so it's a null point by itself imo. Still reinforces the fact that the only post he's made is a vote for someone without a reason. That's pretty scummy to me.

##vote redneck nazgul

this is a lot of words for a lurker to overjustify their own lurker-lunch choice

##vote Flamander

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mithross posted:

Sandwolf hasn't posted at all on the forums in three days...

is he still traveling or something? He was absent for big stretches of time in my last game with him too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

it's emotionally honest in a way that i don't think scum are capable of.

oh my sweet summer child

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Max posted:

Ok I was ignoring Sombers comment about me before because it was literally day 1 of day 1 but I don't get that emotionally honest comment at all.

Yeah that seems to be reading a bit much into it, where's all this emotional content you're talking about, Somber?

Flamander posted:

Anyways, my argument contradicts itself, right? Mind pointing out how so? Because you missed out a bit. 'By itself.' I was saying that the vote wasn't necessarily enough evidence. He could have posted soon after, giving a reason. Or even post at all. But the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread that much apart from a joke conversation about popping shortly after the game's start, that vote that basically says 'holy poo poo sandwolf is in this???' and his signup leads me to believe that redneck's probably scum.

The funny thing is, I thought that for a sec too, that nazgul was throwing stones in glass houses there. But while his vote on Sandwolf might be a bit hypocritical, it was hardly without reason. The reason was: Sandwolf is mad lurking.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

I don't like the people pressing Flamander that hard, it's a pretty innocent statement. "Yeah, I get it, he's lurking, that's scummy. But recently, I was town and lurked, so, bluh." Which is saying nothing, but it's absolutely a thought process I feel like I see occur every game.

well it sounds a lot better now the way you said it

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

redneck nazgul posted:

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

Participation isn't fixing that and you know it.

As I said, I want a replacement. I'm done.

Jeez, we could just vote Flam instead, I feel better about voting him anyway

Oh well, hi MT! Are you that Aubrey chick?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I still like voting Flam but if people wanted to move the vote over to Jam instead, I'd happily switch. Last time MT dropped these kind of D1 calls she was fuckin spot on

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle.

Not liking this at all, I'm watching you rear end in a top hat grandpa

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I'm gonna sit tight here in case not enough people show up for deadline, but yeah I'd help you out on that Jam vote Mithross.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

uh, someone is gonna hammer, right?

fake edit: this time you scooped me instead Max

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Asiina posted:

No alignments with the flips?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

Anyone who sincerely claims a game doesn't have scum is scum and should be immediately lynched

##vote hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

is that a serious vote?

Serious enough, wanna see how he reacts

also, pera has run one Mafia game before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

like, what did you expect there bif?

well my vote can stay there until he gets a better attitude.

let's get to work, we can presume Pod was town at least

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

It's really frustrating to not know what Flam really was. If he was scum then it'd be obvious to look at Mithross next for wanting to move the vote off him. But I think Mithross sounds more town, and calling out his intent that explicitly near deadline feels a bit too bold for scum. Especially before we knew the game wasn't gonna have flips.

I still like the case on Jam and might vote him next if nothing else happens soon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

which game are you two talking about?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

oh right, I skimmed that game but I didn't remember anything apart from pera having some crazy elaborate claim that didn't work out

I don't think anyone's going too hard on Jam though, it's not like slapfight levels yet, he just looked like one of the best leads on D1 and that could change once he's around and posting more stuff

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mithross posted:

Honestly if we aren't getting flips we all need to be pretty active (which is something of a struggle for me, I'll admit)

Well, you're already way more active than you were in FF5, so there's that

Interesting that you're also feeling suss on Hal. I want to see more serious engagement from him instead of just chilling out and not seeming fazed at all by the lack of flips.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Murmur Twin posted:

Bif made a post about watching the NK target, and then voted you to open D2 - it's entirely possible (probable even) that she was just goofing around but I figured it's as good of an opening vote as any.

oh, no that was not a watcher breadcrumb. If I was gonna watch somebody I would never call my shots like that

but it wasn't goofing around either! I was just saying I was keeping an eye on him as a potential scumbo cause I thought that "voting on principle' thing was really dodgy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I was hoping for more Jam posts by the time I woke up

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah sorry this flipless stuff has a learning curve. I keep rereading and feel all stilted ignoring all connections to and from Podima/Flam.

I really don't like the way the vote switched so rapidly from MMT to Flam yesterday. I understand why it happened, MMT posted a bit and there was some pre-existing suspicion on him from earlier but.. something about the way the conversation goes makes me so uneasy. But I don't even know if it's worth loving following cuz Flam may have even been scum and it could have been a totally organic D1 scramble and then I'll end up with tunnel vision on some town.

I'm finding myself a little frustrated is all.

didn't the Flam vote ramp up while Nazgul was still around? I voted him and Max joined in immediately. We were the only 2 votes for a while but Asiina said around the same time that she would also vote Flam. Pod showed up and said he was suss on both of them.

After that though, one weird thing is Hal tried to dismiss the Nazgul votes as a "policy lynch" mentioning how Nazgul often gets voted off D1, but I never got the impression that anyone was voting Nazgul for anything but just lurking. (maybe also for throwing out a hypocritical lurker vote while still lurking) Despite his meltdown later, it really wasn't anything personal about him that I could see.

but then when Nazgul shows up again a bit later, he's suddenly "choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". " Now that I'm re-reading it that seems really strange. Especially when Flam was getting just as much heat. I'd assumed that kind of pouting was frustrated town, especially with MT showing up and participating well, but Hal making that similar personal comment beforehand is making me paranoid.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Asiina posted:

Can you explain this? I don't get it.

I don't like the way Hal defended Nazgul. It's conflating a critique of lurker lunches in general with not wanting to vote Nazgul in particular. So that's got me wondering if they could've been scumbuddies after all.

Here's the Nazgul meltdown again:

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm so loving thrilled that jokephase ends immediately after I post.

I request a replacement.

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". Might as well give the slot to someone else, since protesting does absolutely gently caress-all in the face of "well, we need to lynch someone and it's either you or a lurker because it's Day 1 and we can't figure out anything without night actions".

Thanks for the memories.

redneck nazgul posted:

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

Participation isn't fixing that and you know it.

As I said, I want a replacement. I'm done.

I just don't get where he's getting all this personal offense from, especially when Flam had just as much heat on him instead by then so it wasn't like Nazgul was the only "default choice" we were talking about. I was reading the meltdown as townie before, but looking back at Hal setting up that "everyone's just picking on Nazgul" narrative makes me wonder if it's not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hell, if anything Flam's the one who keeps getting voted off D1 or D2 in every game I've seen him in

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

of course now MT's voting Hal so that's weird, but since she apparently believed I had a watch result on Hal, she might've jumped the gun on joining the bandwagon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

weird, that's the bit you think to pick out from MT's posts? I was curious about whether Pod was serious or not too, especially since I'm not actually Audrey.

I mean, I'd figure a game shouldn't ever be flavor-solvable like that, but if Aubrey is like Sara's Komaeda or something, he could've had a point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

the fact that whoever IS Audrey never claimed to point out how irrelevant that was makes me wonder too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Sandwolf posted:

Kind of a big assumption that we're supposed to know these hentai(?) characters by name.

well at least the one you got in your PM, sheesh

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

also i forgot about this earlier, but are bif and i really the only other mason pair?

what

did you mix that name up too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Somberbrero posted:

no??

if this is a goof i'm too tired to get it.

okay I just read my PM over again to make sure I didn't skim the gently caress out of it and uh, no we are not masons?

this is news to me

• Locked thread