Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

In as the one that's not super sexualized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I think you meant

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hal is mine, you back the gently caress off.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Uguu~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Am I doing it right?

Am I anime-ing correctly?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Max tell me everything you know about this game.

I don't know anything and I refuse to google it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

##vote Pod

This is a serious vote based on serious content for serious reasons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I don't know why, but something about this post seems like a lie.

##vote Asiina

Such blatant protection of a scumbuddy!

A bold move.

I respect it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Do the serious reasons involve Ghen?

I don't know who you could possibly be referring to.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I am voting for Pod because he is scum in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Oh wait is that the reason?

Max...

Max...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe she had an n0 cop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

What? You haven't really provided a convincing argument here.

Haven't I?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

no u

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I would daycop redneck nazgul or sandwolf or bif because I have no idea how to read any of them.

Also if I daycopped bif and she was scum I would feel so goddamn good after what happened in FF5 that it might just make up for it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Upon further reflection, I believe Pod is no longer scum.

Not that he wasn't scum before, because I'm never wrong, but that his alignment has changed and he is now town.

Somber looking kinda bad, Pod is making good points.

I'm also feeling very like KB this game and have an intense desire to just murder lurkers. Perhaps some pressure is at least in order.

##vote Sandwolf who has the same number of posts as votefinder.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Flam isn't that new and I agree that it was a bad post that contradicts itself right in the middle.

"He made a scummy vote and hasn't been posting, but I wasn't posting and I was town so it that doesn't make him scum but reinforces that he's scummy and made a scummy vote."

Still want to vote Sandwolf who hasn't posted yet since the game started, but would switch to Flam.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Asiina, I've been in six Mafia games on these forums before this. Out of those games, I died within the first couple days on more than half of them (FF5, Both Choose Your Own Cartridges, Flavorful). On the others, I made it fairly far (D4-5 on Mega Man Mafia 2, second-to-last day on Ravenswood Haunting).

So?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Would daycop redneck, mainly cause that vote on Sandwolf looks awful suspicious. Combined with the fact he also hasn't been posting much, it makes him look like scum - but I didn't post all that much in my last game, and I was town, so it's a null point by itself imo. Still reinforces the fact that the only post he's made is a vote for someone without a reason. That's pretty scummy to me.

"Lurking is a null tell, except when it isn't."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

Nah, wasn't a lurker vote. More of a policy vote.

He has been challenged. In the ways of old.

Cool, you have any other thoughts on this mafia game you signed up for?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I can get behind that vote. Sandwolf is saying things now, redneck has done nothing. Death to lurkers.

##vote redneck

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Redneck's sad excuse for a policy vote is bad, agree. Not feeling the Flamander post/vote on him though, that was hedgey as heck.

Would also vote Flam.

Still also having ~feelings~ about Somber, but that's mostly gut.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

How can I give a better reason when there's no content?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Lurker lynches are always crapshoots, but if people aren't providing content then I have no issue voting for them.

It's also a small game so waiting for someone to come in and maybe perhaps provide some content on a later day isn't really a position I want to take where the game will probably only last a few days. If this were 20+ people where we know there's going to be 5 or more game days at a minimum I'd be willing to be more lenient in lurking during D1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, sorry but that's nonsense.

Like I was voting Sandwolf and then he starting posting opinions so moved my vote to another people who hasn't been participating. Don't give this "woe is me" bullshit when literally all that's being asked of you is to give the slightest amount of participation in this game you signed up for.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

That was a garbage replace out, but I think it was alignment neutral, and MMT sweeping into the thread has already provided more content so my lurker bloodlust is satiated.

I don't think anyone is hardcore lurking anymore, so I think the best actual case is on Flam.

##vote Flam

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

No alignments with the flips?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

No alignments with the flips?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

A flipless game does take the wind out of my sails a bit, but I'll try.

I just woke up, but I'll give the game another read.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Um, I'm not in a masonry?

Why do you think everyone is in a masonry?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm not really seeing what you're seeing, but I feel iffy going into PM specifics.

I'm not in a masonry though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

It feels that way.

More realistically though, we can still look at who is being scummy, it's just difficult to make any connections between people?

Pod was almost definitely town, but I never really find the WIFOM around NK targets particularly fruitful.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm on my way out soon. When I get back tonight I'll try to cobble together some thoughts on everyone. I can't seem to remember a lot of my opinions even from yesterday, so I need to read back.

Just from this though I feel pretty good about Max. He was wrong, but that is a pretty bold play if he was scum to say that everyone is in a masonry. I don't see scum as wanting to make such definitive statements about the setup.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

but then when Nazgul shows up again a bit later, he's suddenly "choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". " Now that I'm re-reading it that seems really strange. Especially when Flam was getting just as much heat. I'd assumed that kind of pouting was frustrated town, especially with MT showing up and participating well, but Hal making that similar personal comment beforehand is making me paranoid.

Can you explain this? I don't get it.

I don't really like Sandwolf's point that the vote switching means anything. The pressure was mostly because betrayer was not participating, and then he ragequit in a spectacular fashion and MMT came in with opinions with 3 hours until deadline. If the cause for the votes changes then the votes are going to change? It's not that the shift came out of nowhere or was even last minute D1 scrambling. The situation changed.

And again, without knowing Flam's alignment I don't know how you can draw any conclusions from it anyway?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

What?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I agree though MMT not unvoting is suspicious.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

This post ending in that vote feels just a little disconnected. It starts with suspicion towards MMT and then ends on a vote on Hal? Who currently has three votes?

Yeah I'm not getting this either.

You think Betrayer/MMT is scum, so people defending her might be her scumbros, so you vote one of them instead of MMT?

Your case on Hal is dependent on MMT being scum, so why are you voting Hal and putting him at -2?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Okay, that at least makes more sense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I don't know why either of them would lie about this. Is it an unconfirmed masonry?

Are you in a masonry with someone pretending to be Bif?

This is so confusing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Somber are they talking in the masonry right now?

• Locked thread