Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I wasn't going to sign up because I wanted to hold on to my self respect.

Then I realized I don't have any.

So I will play on the condition that you promise me every aspect of this game will be an abomination of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Max posted:

What the gently caress do you think happens when you get popped.

Hopefully sweet angels come to take me away from this... this... whatever the gently caress this is.

Alternatively, I would accept the silence of the grave.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Max posted:

OK ##vote Mithross

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

Max tell me everything you know about this game.

I don't know anything and I refuse to google it.

Everything I know about this game I learned from a short TFS gaming video where Vegeta played it.

I'm pretty sure that makes me an expert.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

##vote Pod

This is a serious vote based on serious content for serious reasons.

I don't know why, but something about this post seems like a lie.

##vote Asiina

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Podima posted:

This is a good goddamn game and I will not have anyone talking poo poo about it.

Ok, I can admit it when I am wrong. Asiina, I'm sorry, you were right all along.

##vote Podima

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I have actually installed and played this monstrosity, since it's my day off and I'm in this game now. If you drink every time you do anything, the game becomes briefly playable, just before the graphics get too fuzzy to tell if you're matching or not. Weird glitch I guess.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I would probably daycop either bif, because bif gets into so many fights with people it's good to know what side of the fence those fights are coming from, or sandwolf because they aren't actually playing the game it seems.

We seem to be in serious time now, so I will also get rid of this ##unvote

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Sandwolf hasn't posted at all on the forums in three days...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am awake!

I'm doing a read through before I drop a vote on any one, but wanna say wow that was a lovely replace out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, I did a read through, and I prefer Jammy to Flam today. Flam's post was awkward and self-contradicting, but I could see the first point being part of the reason for the second part. Jam calling someone out for not directly responding to a vote on them day 1 is worse. Especially this vote

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Hal
Always scum

which was quite clearly an early joke vote. Those go ignored what, 2/3 of the time? More? If the vote doesn't mean anything, why respond to it? Doubling down and using that lack of response as a real case I could maybe see as a means of adding some pressure, but to carry that vote all the way until nearly deadline is bad.

##vote Jamuraan

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I would vote Flam to prevent a no-lynch, I should be in and out until deadline, but I'd like to see us switch to Jam.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Jamuraan posted:

Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

I, at least, am not calling you out for being more reasonable. I'm calling you out for being wishy washy. I don't want to beat a dead horse, so after this I'll talk about someone else, but this

Jamuraan posted:

I just said it's suspicious that he didn't even comment on it, even if it's a joke vote. He completely ignored it. I understand it didn't really warrant a response, but I thought it was odd enough that I didn't even get a mention.

"He didn't comment, even though it's a joke. I understand it didn't warrant a response, but thought it was odd I didn't get one."

You went back and forth twice in that one post. It's just a weak statement. But that was day 1, and I have faith that in Day 2 you will either shine brightly... or keep this up and give new reasons to vote you to go with this.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Funnily enough, rereading through I'm not a big fan of Hal so far this game. He's been playing a very low key game, mostly throwing out soft meta defenses/light meta shade. He even said himself he hasn't really given this game enough thought yet.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

For my last two call outs before I sleep, Sandwolf posted one connected streak near the end of yesterday after lurking a bunch, and hasn't been back yet today. And MMT needs to come back in here and give us posts to go on.

Honestly if we aren't getting flips we all need to be pretty active (which is something of a struggle for me, I'll admit), because that's all we'll have to go off of.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

<nested quotes>

Interesting catch, if that's what it looks like.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm at work so I can't really dig into this for a couple hours, but this is ridiculous (In a silly way, I haven't decided if it's also good or bad)

I honestly don't know what to believe right now, I'm going to digest until my break

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Well, if you are bi-faux-nen, then the fake is Tri-faux-nen, one more stage of faux

As for the game ramifications of trifaux, I think I land with asiina. We should absolutely keep it in mind going forward, but until/unless someone slips and reveals themselves, it's not worth beating that horse. We have no way to determine alignment from what we have now

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I think I could see Pera making a fake masonry where somber is just talking to her pretending to be bif

I still don't know what to make of Max's thing about masonries either

Pera did say she was loving with us from inside the house

peramene posted:

per usual throw out your metas and general mafia assumptions because i am loving with you from the inside of the house

That was one of the first places I went as well Hal. I don't know how close I am to believing it is a thing that's happening (currently I doubt that's the case, with a ...but...), but it is something I could see pera doing. I don't know why, other than sheer enjoyment, but I'm not ruling it out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Max posted:

OK well I'm not one to let a game just wallow into a barely noticable crawl because of something like flipless, so good or bad I'm just gonna claim:

I'm Venus, and know a little bit about the setup. Mostly, I know that everyone here SHOULD be in a masonry of some kind. I'm not in one because Kyu got got N0 so I'm all alone now.

peramene posted:

SOMEBODY GOT POPPED

N0: Kyu, love fairy, has been popped.

Here's another oddity in Max's claim. Yes, Kyu got got n0, but there was no player attached to Kyu because there wasn't a real n0, also we had over the number of players pera wanted originally so it's not like Kyu was a character that didn't get a player. I'm not sure what to make of that either, but I wanted to point it out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Or wait, somber said he got a call n0.

I officially don't loving know, but it's all kinda stupid and silly and awesome, in a slightly frustrating WTF sort of way

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, last post in this chain of post-job catch up:

In terms of who I actually would like to vote, I'm still on Jam and Hal.

Hal has posted a decent amount today, but it has been content lite. It's been mostly what boils down to setup spec (talking about Max's everyone should be masons and somber's Trifaux Revelation which would be a sweet name for an old scifi dime novel). His most recent post throws light shade at Jam and MMT, the next two people I'm suspicious of. And there's one other post that brings up Jam.

Jam, well, hasn't posted much today. A couple reassurances he isn't scum, and that's it.

MMT I'm a little on the fence about, but she wouldn't be my choice today. That vote on Jam is a little shaky for D2 is the main thing. (Not for voting Jam, but the specific reason MMT gives). I'm currently viewing nazgul's breakdown/replacement as a breakdown and replacement, not some scum tell. MMT has at least been providing content outside setup spec.

Nobody else has racked up sufficient suspicion points to appear in this post. You all are slacking.

I'm a bit torn between wanting to vote Hal or Jam just now. I'm going to sleep on it, I think. I don't work tomorrow, so I should be around all day.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

One complete non-sequitur (at least from the Mafia point of view):

since this game started I have acquired, played, and beaten Huniepop (unlocked but not actually played alpha mode, because I discovered there actually is a limit to my self loathing).

And now, sleep time.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Jam, max, and mith are all not voting. Come on, get some skin in the game. We need something to happen.

Mithross posted:

I'm a bit torn between wanting to vote Hal or Jam just now. I'm going to sleep on it, I think. I don't work tomorrow, so I should be around all day.

Sorry, I woke up and had to close out my game, which ended this morning. I'm back in here and this is the only thing I have running now.

I'm going to do another quick read through of things that happened since I went to sleep, then I'll drop so many votes your head will spin (assuming 1 vote is all it takes to make your head spin)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, after processing my top 3 from last night remain my top 3: Hal, Jam, MMT.

MMT hasn't provided much to go on since last night. Focused some more on Jam and more setup spec about trifaux.

Jam meanwhile threw out some scattershot reads that don't look very good.

Hal has made a few alignment calls today. He's still in my top 3 but he's dropped down.

I'm actually kinda on the fence between Jam and MMT now, but MMT has been posting, so

##vote Jam

That's -1

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I still want that essay

Can I get an extension on the assignment? I ended up trying to go to the beach every night for like a week to hunt for aliens. (No, this is not me claiming trifaux. This is me being silly. I shouldn't have to clarify but...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

In my doc, I posted d2 "I wonder if there's multiple scum teams with a hosed up priority system"

Also

"My PM doesn't actually give an alignment, it just says this is Scumdoc, which is literally it's title"

Then you all killed me.

• Locked thread