Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm the kawaii one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Am I doing it right?

Am I anime-ing correctly?

^_^

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

max you seem uncharacteristically aggressive.

Max has become fed up with the world man

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pod can I come over and play board games?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mmmm power cakes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just going to pretend that is a huniepop needlepoint you painstakingly crafted using your best thimble to prevent needle pricks hanging on the wall behind you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just buy the game Max!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

i was just scum with Pod a few games ago and his posting felt way more fake and he always seemed to be stretching to make other people seem scummy. I am not getting that at all so far.

I'd daycop Max because I have a hard time getting a read on that posting style or Sandwolf because he just won't post much

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Redneck Nazgul is The Betrayer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Redneck Nazgul is The Betrayer

Or MEDS CURE SCHIZOS I guess if you are from that era of mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I can't believe you don't know how long I've been round here, I remember The Betrayer and his Car av.

Hey Betrayer, that vote still feels weird, was it a lurker vote?

Oh I know, I was just letting everyone else know

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Yeah I can get behind that vote. Sandwolf is saying things now, redneck has done nothing. Death to lurkers.

##vote redneck

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Like maybe even just a little something

I wouldn't give you the pleasure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

How can I give a better reason when there's no content?

Yeah exactly, just feels lame to vote him yet again when it's just a crapshoot. I'm sure he will post eventually.

I guess the now policy around here is vote lurkers all the time though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

By eventually do you mean by end of this day?

No, just some future days. Keep those expectations low Max

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

this one.

Betrayer could still be scum in this game, just because he wasn't in those others.

People did give reasoning. His policy lynch statement, do you have any opinion on that?

Meh he could be but I like playing with him so I'd rather not kill him D1 yet again unless I actually think he is scummy

Policy lynch just seems like typical betrayer stuff if it didn't I wouldn't have an issue with voting him

Don't really expect this to convince anyone, just stating my objections

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah kind of lame of Betrayer to take his ball and go but whatever. MMT is a solid replacement.

I would be ok with a vote on Flam, although I need to look him over one more time. I did think his original vote was pretty poor though.

The only thing that bothers me about Jammy is that he is being less obnoxious than he generally is as town, not sure if that is a reaction to the last few games where he got a lot of poo poo about it or if this is his more circumspect scum game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Flamander I think they look a little worse than Jam at this point, but I would move if need be.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Is the gist of it that Jam tried to make that obvious joke vote serious?

That's the main point people have, yeah. I do think he is playing a more cautious game than he has recently though so I think that might be more telling.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There are no bad hunies so we don't need alignments

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Serious enough, wanna see how he reacts

disdain and dismissal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

to be frank i'm a little hesitant to case jammy at all after our last game together.

Wouldn't you say he was pretty different this game though?

At least it felt that way to me yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

that's in the absence of any real pressure though. how would interpret that? do you see it as scummy because he was town that last game, or are you saying he's approaching this game with a different attitude?

That's true, but in the temple game not too long ago he was town and very antagonistic against lurkers, against people talking to him in a way he didn't like, against everyone. Maybe it's too small a sample size, but he's played a few games since he came back and just generally been more emotional.

But that may also be because of non-game stuff, I dunno. Just something I noticed is all.

I probably have not given this game enough thought yet. I can't remember the last flipless game I played in, it's tough not being able to get much info from the kills.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am not in a masonry

I don't mind the flipless bit, it makes things a little trickier but usually you can get enough info from people's posts so whatevs.

I'm working now but I'll be around to post plenty tonight

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What am I missing here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh I see, you are saying Bif watched Pod and I visited him?

Well that didn't happen so if that what Bif is actually claiming she needs to come out and say it then

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well now this is a first.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean I think I could see Pera making a fake masonry where somber is just talking to her pretending to be bif

I still don't know what to make of Max's thing about masonries either

Pera did say she was loving with us from inside the house

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

All this is bizarre no doubt but it doesn't seem like it's really going to get anywhere

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You read that entire post and decided he was scum without muster? Wouldn't he be more likely to replace out? I don't like this vote either.

I agree with this 100%.

I was wanting to keep Betrayer around yesterday for purely personal reasons, not because I thought he had done anything particularly town. He had just been typical him. MMT got a lot of credit for coming and just being non-abrasive and posting at all but really she didn't offer all that much and the way she has jumped from me to Jam on very little today pings me

That being said Jam not posting at all, while not out of character either, isn't doing anything to make me feel better than I did yesterday.

Also I wish I was in a fake masonry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Not really. You all must think I play a terrible scum game if you think I'm playing Fauxbif and going in there with Somber and saying "gee wilikers, that Max guy sure is the towniest town that ever towned." while simultaneously blowing up my spot in the thread about the masonry stuff that I guess is mostly wrong.

Nothing pings me harder than when someone says "man I'd be terrible scum if I did that"

Granted this would be a complex plan to sow confusion but in a flipless game that strategy is much more viable. Also faking someone else in a masonry is a pretty pro move.

Somber I can't find if you said this someplace, but did your original PM in the game say you were masons with bif specifically?

I could see a N0 action being the ability to mason someone and pretend to be someone else, even if it isn't Max that did it. If someone did that and isn't admitting it at this point though I don't see how they aren't scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I need to look at everyone again, but I'm not really feeling the MMT vote. Her mistaken vote on Hal didn't get an unvote, which I didn't like, but otherwise she's been fine?

I don't see how her vote on Jam is bad at all and why Sandwolf and Hal have issues with it.

Why are you assuming someone will replace out in this situation? I agree with her that I've made similar giving up style posts when scum before too, so it doesn't seem impossible. Also looking back at her other votes, she came in with a vote on Jam so I don't get Hal's criticism that she's idly flipping.

Really the only thing that's pinging me is that she didn't unvote, and that's not nearly enough for me to vote off of, so I don't want to vote for MMT today.

I think Mithross is right about Hal, that he's participating but isn't saying a whole lot when he does. It's very cautious. I could get behind a Hal vote.

I'm having feelings about Sandwolf though, so let me see if I can put a case together.

I forgot she voted Jam to start the day so going back to him doesn't seem as bad in retrospect, but I still feel like the vote going back to jam was explained in a forced and awkward way which is why it bothered me in the first place

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Has jam even posted today? My phone is being a pain but I don't remember him saying anything. I would definitely vote Jam today, I feel like after being called out yesterday he's hiding today because he's scared scum. He's certainly posted plenty in another game so he definitely isn't just not around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I wouldn't have given it the time of day if others hadn't brought it up as a possibility.

I do feel like I'm diving pretty deep to think someone would have such a nefarious plan but if anyone would try it I feel like it's you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

Oh right this is one of Jams two posts today and the post he made after didn't say anything either, I guess I see where MMT is coming from now. So maybe I was wrong about her

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

This is literally the point that MMT made and the post that you're saying you didn't like of hers is the one where she is quoting Jam, so I don't know how you don't know the answer to that.

I feel like you're making up your cases, Hal.

##vote Hal

Haha guess you beat me too it. I'm still waking up so yeah maybe I'm being dumb but I'm not scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Jamuraan

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Oh, also I don't think all of them are scum, but I don't like people realistically suggesting that Max is the fake masonry partner. Maybe he is, but there are so many unknowns to this situation: maybe one or both of Somber and Bif are lying, maybe it's Sara, it could be any number of people faking it. Is it possible? Sure, I guess. Is it worth entertaining in the slightest as a reason to think someone is or isn't scum? Absolutely not.

Meh I agree up to a point but I think it's also worth discussing a bit what might be happening. I do think if someone is still actively faking a masonry that person is scum but you are right we don't have enough info to know who might be doing that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I mean I can understand forgetting someone made a post. I forget things all the time. But you were voting based on her case while making the same case, and I think that goes beyond just forgetting.

I wasn't voting her but yeah it seems suspicious when put that way, but I was more along the point that "well I do this as scum so this person is probably doing the same thing I would" is something a lot like what I said about Max saying "I would be terrible scum if I did this" in that I'm immediately suspicious of that as an easy way to make or discredit a case. I wasn't even paying that much attention to the post she was quoting if I'm being totally honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Sorry, you weren't voting.

loving hell, this game.

I think my point still stands because you were still casing her, but holy poo poo good job me.

Jeez I am just gonna stop posting until I check if you have posted the same thing right before me. Get out of my head asiina

• Locked thread