Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
okay I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Good morning, I just woke up to an 8 hour deadline on d1, cool lol

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

And now I'm reading, also I see Pod probably got the day extended so cool

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

##vote Hal
Always scum

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Max posted:

And yeah, would cop sandwolf or Jammy.

Why me?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

max you seem uncharacteristically aggressive.

He didn't seem aggressive at all.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

The Betrayer... Now that is a name I have not heard in a very long time.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm perfectly okay with my Hal vote. Considering he's not directly addressed me, I am concerned.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

i didn't directly respond to you either, what's the difference? what do you expect hal to say to 'he scum'?

Like maybe even just a little something

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

i didn't directly respond to you either, what's the difference? what do you expect hal to say to 'he scum'?

Also I didn't vote you

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I just watched Betrayer get turbod day 1 in another game. I won't do it here.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hey Betrayer, if it makes you feel better, I want you to stay and I'm not voting you =)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

Participation isn't fixing that and you know it.

As I said, I want a replacement. I'm done.

It's only 3 votes.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Max posted:

Is the gist of it that Jam tried to make that obvious joke vote serious?

I just said it's suspicious that he didn't even comment on it, even if it's a joke vote. He completely ignored it. I understand it didn't really warrant a response, but I thought it was odd enough that I didn't even get a mention.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

##vote Flam

I was waiting to see if anyone else wanted to chime in before I hammered, but here ya go.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

I was hoping for more Jam posts by the time I woke up
I'm not trying to interject too much RL into this but I've been struggling with :effort: lately. I slept like 10 hours into the day after playing Civ 5 until 8am. I didn't reread anything from before today, sorry I lied and said I would. I'm not part of a masonry either and without any flips I really have no clue where to start. Like someone said, WIFOMing the kill probably won't lead to much.

Y'all can lynch me if you want, I know a few of you still think I'm the best choice, but I'm not scum and unfortunately you won't even gain any information from lynching me.

I think if anyone else has more info about the setup it can only help us. This masonry hint from Max doesn't seem dishonest, but it seems strange that no one else has backed him up.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Has jam even posted today? My phone is being a pain but I don't remember him saying anything. I would definitely vote Jam today, I feel like after being called out yesterday he's hiding today because he's scared scum. He's certainly posted plenty in another game so he definitely isn't just not around

I'm sorry, I'm playing in another game and that is taking up most of my attention. I really am trying to keep up with the thread and I have a few ideas I want to think about before I speak them out lest I be even slightly wrong about something and someone hounds me for it forever.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I probably should have had that vote in an earlier post where I was talking about Jam, I ended up voting once I finished with all my catching up after waking up.

Your whole campaign against me seems opportunistic. You even said yesterday you didn't think I was scummy. The sudden shift is pretty flippy-floppy.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Jam I wish we were masons in this game.

It's never too late.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

MY THOUGHTS SO FAR:
Somber: Somber is reading scummier and scummier as I read more. I find strange buddying to be a scum attempt to latch onto a weaker town early to get an extra vote and then they try to flip and lynch them in the middle days. I think this is exactly what Somber was trying to do with me. And then his attack on MMT didn't make any sense to me, where his basis for voting was from one of MMTs very first posts. I really thought Betrayer was town, and I don't really see the case here on MMT either.

Asiina: I think Asiina is scum, mostly from D1 stuff where Asiina voted a lot of different people, either hoping to start a bandwagon or latch onto a weak case. Asiina is the swing vote from Betrayer/MMT -> Flam and both of those votes were super weak.
D2 is largely dominated by masonry nonsense and Asiina just postulates and asks questions, but this could be a non-tell. There are a LOT of questions that have no answers right now, but it's an easy way for scum to coast and look like they're contributing without adding anything.

Bif: It always bothers me when people are super active, to the point of trying to lead or coerce. Bossy scum are dangerous and scary, and that's what I think Bif is doing this game. Also part of my suspicion is that Bif might actually be the anonymous messenger and for whatever reason doesn't want to admit it. All this non-sense makes me wonder if there's any alignment meta to address. Is the mysterious mason buddy more likely to be Scum or Town? Obviously Somber and his whisperer aren't both scum or the masonry makes no sense. Maybe 3p? This part is loving with my head too much so for now I'm just gonna assume it's a bad role trying to sow discord, but not necessarily scum. I know that last part is WIFOMy but I still think Bif looks scummy without it.

Max: His comment about everyone being in a partnered masonry struck me as odd, especially since we only have 1 confirmed masonry, and I'm not in a masonry myself (plus others who have claimed). I can't see Max doing this as scum though so maybe he's the anonymous messenger? 3p? I dunno, I'm very suspicious of him.

Sandwolf: I really think it's weird that Sandwolf (and Max) have both been defending me. I think my play so far has been super lazy and could be construed as scummy, so I think it's weird that anyone would defend me.
Although he's doing his thing and lurking, he is still contributing, and it reminds me of his play in Temple mafia where he was town, so I'm gonna lean town for now.

Hal: At first he seemed to be pretty cagey and pinged my scumdar, not just because of him ignoring me (I stand by this), but because I didn't like how he was defending people and trying to play town arbitrator. That reeks of the same "I'm in charge" mentality that always makes me think scum. I think his vote on Flam really comes out of nowhere, especially because I don't see any mention of it before he just plops down a vote. He's waffling just enough on all the cases, he's so right down the middle of the fence that I think it's really suspect because it's the perfect place to hide in plain sight. His opinions on me go back and forth like the wind, but when he has the opportunity to vote me, he never does.

MMT/The Betrayer: I thought Betrayer was town, and I feel the same about MMT. He did latch onto a really weak case on me, but it's D1 so I can forgive him for being wrong. I think he's one of the townier players in the game and his language strikes me as really genuine and trying.

Dead people: I don't know how I feel about Flamander. I'm gonna be honest, I only really voted him because it was deadline and I knew if it wasn't him, it could be me. Re-reading I feel like Bif and Asiina bullied him and he very easily could have been town.
I'm pretty sure Podima was town, just gut and his posting reads really transparent.

Basically:

Best Girl
Jamuraan (hella kawaii~~)

Leaning Town
MMT
Mithross

SUS AF
Hal
Max
Sandwolf

Scummies
Asiina
Bif
Somber

Ripperonis
Flamander
Podima

##vote Asiina

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Murmur Twin posted:

What things do people see from Jam in these posts? Choose all that apply:

(a) a self-conscious awareness of how others perceive him
(b) effort put into explaining why he's not making cases
(c) cases and votes

Sorry I'm late captain, I'm doing my best =(

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I just realized I chopped off the part about Mithross

Mithross: Hasn't posted a whole lot but I feel really good about his content. He hounds me quite a bit, but I like that he's not exaggerating or distorting, just his opinion. Leaning town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I really don't find the case on Jamuraan to be compelling, and the more I look at Hal's second vote there, the more uneasy it makes me.

MT's vote reasoning is extremely flimsy and mostly illusion, there's no real desire to find scum there, just apathy.

I agree with this but I'm afraid I'm putting my bias on it. I really thought that vote by Hal feels super forced, like he doesn't even really believe it himself and he just thinks I'm an easy dunk.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

if we're not dunking mmt i guess i need to think harder about my choices today. i am really not feeling her for town though.

First you want to lynch MMT and now you're okay with following MMT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

What happened to Hal and I's kill on N1?

• Locked thread