Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heyniceperro
Mar 22, 2007

You're the one for me, fatty.
Just sent payment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I now have payments from all except timp, Dubious, and warcrimes

Please pay by August 20th.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

coronaball posted:

I now have payments from all except timp, Dubious, and warcrimes

Please pay by August 20th.

not as of about an hour ago sucker

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
In on waitlist, PM me if i made it in please

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Can you put me on the waitlist?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Pay Dup

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
paid, yo

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

All have joined and paid. We're ready to go!

For noobs/those who might have forgotten, this thing takes about 2.5 hours from beginning to end. Prepare yourselves!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Two days away baby

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: draft tomorrow

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: draft tonight! :siren:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

coronaball posted:

:siren: draft tonight! :siren:

I'm excited to not draft borderline black out drunk while down the shore this year.

Instead I will do it from the comfort of my own living room :mrapig:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anquan Boldin is mine.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody Better Lay a Finger on My BridgewaterTM!

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I want all the Flacco

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Well poo poo, I'm going to have to leave the draft early to take care of a family thing. Sorry all, hope it doesn't gently caress things up.Get ready for some big spending in the first few rounds!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

cheese posted:

Well poo poo, I'm going to have to leave the draft early to take care of a family thing. Sorry all, hope it doesn't gently caress things up.Get ready for some big spending in the first few rounds!

Well, that's the nice thing about auction, you can be done in a half hour if you really want to.

You can draft via phone as well. Dunno how well it works for auction though.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

coronaball posted:

Well, that's the nice thing about auction, you can be done in a half hour if you really want to.

You can draft via phone as well. Dunno how well it works for auction though.
Ya its actually the ideal draft format for "poo poo I have to go pick someone up at the airport in 20 minutes".

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

cheese posted:

Ya its actually the ideal draft format for "poo poo I have to go pick someone up at the airport in 20 minutes".

gently caress em. tell em to call an uber

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.supershuttle.com/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Except for my computer freezing up at the beginning, this was fun.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Much respect to the Josh Gordon selection by timps. I still believe

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jota posted:

Much respect to the Josh Gordon selection by timps. I still believe

Well, you know what they say!

"Nothing matters, hail satan"

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

loving auto draft always thinks you need 2 QBs and 2 TEs. Team looked great in the ~10th round and then bam. Oh well, here we go!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
That's why I always (if possible) follow the draft through to the bitter end. I won't let the auto drafter touch my team if I can help it.

I also wanted to throw some shade at 420 Suspended Errday and Tyreek OfAwesomeness for outbidding me on DJ and Bell, respectively. One of them was supposed to be mine. They were the chosen ones!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CompeAnansi posted:

That's why I always (if possible) follow the draft through to the bitter end. I won't let the auto drafter touch my team if I can help it.

I also wanted to throw some shade at 420 Suspended Errday and Tyreek OfAwesomeness for outbidding me on DJ and Bell, respectively. One of them was supposed to be mine. They were the chosen ones!

To be fair, if I could've actually bid on DJ, I would've. I was slamming that bid button on my Chromebook but it didn't allow me. I actually had to bid on my phone for Bell while trying to get my Windows laptop up.

Never again, Chromebook.

Never again.

Edit: I just realized that 420 and I played in the Super Bowl last year. I won basically because David Johnson had a monster game. 420 had Bell. Now we've switched players.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 26, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Haha ya I'm 420. I went into the draft with the plan of spunking most of my budget by grabbing one of Bell or DJ and then one of the "second tier" RB's like DeMarco/Howard/Ajayi. Quite pleased with how it worked out. I realized that in my auction leagues last year, I spent a surprising amount of money on the 5-15 dollar (out of 200 budget) players, many of whom ended up getting cut or traded or whatever.

Ended up spending 181 on DJ, Ajayi, Michael Crabtree and Michael Thomas, which in theory are all pretty close to "always start" players. The plan was to then spend the rest on a couple of RB/WR that I can use to play the matchups for my Flex spot (James White for 3, Marvin Jones for 3) and a few 1-3 dollar high upside/rookies, but I ended up having to auto draft the rest. Houston D for 3 really pissed me off as I specifically set all D's to 1 max bid, so I'm not really sure what happened. Was happy with Samaje Perine for 1 but would have loved Riddick/Lockett/Rawls for 1, all of which I missed out because of auto draft. Why it decided I needed CJ loving Fedorkowitz and Carson Palmer for 1 at the end is beyond me - Sunday can't come soon enough.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
How does the Miami/TB postponement work for Fantasy, am I just boned on my TB starter's points?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

How does the Miami/TB postponement work for Fantasy, am I just boned on my TB starter's points?

Treat it like it is their bye week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yuzenn posted:

And this means Doug Martin will not be available until week 5.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
69 points scored last night, but I had Brady and Kelce, who combined for 17.5 fantasy points. Rough night...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tyreek looked pretty drat good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cheese posted:

Haha ya I'm 420. I went into the draft with the plan of spunking most of my budget by grabbing one of Bell or DJ and then one of the "second tier" RB's like DeMarco/Howard/Ajayi. Quite pleased with how it worked out. I realized that in my auction leagues last year, I spent a surprising amount of money on the 5-15 dollar (out of 200 budget) players, many of whom ended up getting cut or traded or whatever.

Ended up spending 181 on DJ, Ajayi, Michael Crabtree and Michael Thomas, which in theory are all pretty close to "always start" players. The plan was to then spend the rest on a couple of RB/WR that I can use to play the matchups for my Flex spot (James White for 3, Marvin Jones for 3) and a few 1-3 dollar high upside/rookies, but I ended up having to auto draft the rest. Houston D for 3 really pissed me off as I specifically set all D's to 1 max bid, so I'm not really sure what happened. Was happy with Samaje Perine for 1 but would have loved Riddick/Lockett/Rawls for 1, all of which I missed out because of auto draft. Why it decided I needed CJ loving Fedorkowitz and Carson Palmer for 1 at the end is beyond me - Sunday can't come soon enough.

Well, don't feel good about DJ getting hurt, but Bell didn't light the world on fire either, so :shrug:.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, don't feel good about DJ getting hurt, but Bell didn't light the world on fire either, so :shrug:.

It's pretty remarkable that they both underperformed as much as they did.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
drat that SNF quarterback battle was pretty tense. But thanks to Dak handing the ball off to run the clock coupled with a little bit of Eli garbage time, I got lucky in a really close season opener. Good game Zug Zug!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It would be nice to have an IR spot. I hate having Luck on my bench for who knows how long, but I just don't know how long I can start Alex Smith.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

It would be nice to have an IR spot. I hate having Luck on my bench for who knows how long, but I just don't know how long I can start Alex Smith.

I will be adding that next year in every league I am commish. Which doesn't help you at all now. Nor does it help my DJ team in my other league.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

I will be adding that next year in every league I am commish. Which doesn't help you at all now. Nor does it help my DJ team in my other league.

I wouldn't mind putting it to a vote to add now if everyone would agree (don't know if you even can once the season starts), but it would be appreciated next year. Thanks!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

I wouldn't mind putting it to a vote to add now if everyone would agree (don't know if you even can once the season starts), but it would be appreciated next year. Thanks!

No rule changes midseason in money leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah I can't/wont change something like that after the season has begun.

Plus Luck is not on IR-return, so I don't think he can be put in an IR slot anyway

• Locked thread