Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

No rule changes midseason in money leagues.

Fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Ya, definitely too late to implement now. Its all good though - come on 1-1 baby!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Ugh, I cannot go a year without most of my team dying by week 2

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

On a different note,

AJ Green and Cam Newton are on the market if anyone is interested. I'm in the market for a running back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone interested in Luck?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone interested in Luck?

same, but drew brees

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

My team is so decimated it's not even funny. I have to make a last ditch effort here....

Anyone on my team is for Trade, but i'm focusing on an RB.

Even AJ Green is available.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Yuzenn posted:

My team is so decimated it's not even funny. I have to make a last ditch effort here....

Which team is yours?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

warcrimes posted:

Which team is yours?

ISSA KNIFE

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yuzenn posted:

Thanks! :tipshat:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i am very glad i dropped ben for alex smith

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

i am very glad i dropped ben for alex smith

Same, dropped Cam

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

For anyone who needs a QB (bye week, or just lost their QB for the season or their QB just stinks)

Holler at ya boy I've got 3, Cam/Stafford/Rivers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
#1 vs #2 this week. I'm coming for you, Jags! (Insert picture of Hulk Hogan looking threateningly at the camera here)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Silly Burrito posted:

#1 vs #2 this week. I'm coming for you, Jags! (Insert picture of Hulk Hogan looking threateningly at the camera here)

You have the luck of playing me on when (almost) all my RBs are on bye (and after AP was traded away), so I'm betting you win this week.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Another week, another couple dead quarterbacks.

If you aren't willing to scour the waiver wire for the scraps I still have 3 capable QB's in Cam/Stafford/Rivers

Any of the 3 are available, the only thing I do not need is a tight end.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CompeAnansi posted:

You have the luck of playing me on when (almost) all my RBs are on bye (and after AP was traded away), so I'm betting you win this week.

You never take that for granted because a kicker or a defense could go nuts and get you 25+ points each. I've seen it happen too many times.

I'll have the same issue whenever the Steelers have their bye.

If you really need an RB, I'll be glad to trade you the New England Patriots star RB Mike Gillislee for any rookie RBs you have on your bench. ;)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 24, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
My studs and duds plan didn't really survive my two stud RB's being a dead David Johnson and an under performing Ajayi. Doesn't help that my Michaels (Thomas and Crabtree) have straight up been taking games off. Icing on the cake is that my QB streaming has been generally a disaster this year. Hard to see making a playoff run at 2-5 but we will see!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

cheese posted:

My studs and duds plan didn't really survive my two stud RB's being a dead David Johnson and an under performing Ajayi. Doesn't help that my Michaels (Thomas and Crabtree) have straight up been taking games off. Icing on the cake is that my QB streaming has been generally a disaster this year. Hard to see making a playoff run at 2-5 but we will see!

High risk, high reward. I'm a DJ + Cook owner in another money league, so I feel your pain.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

High risk, high reward. I'm a DJ + Cook owner in another money league, so I feel your pain.
Yeah, I still believe in the strategy, just got bit by the bad luck that is always a risk.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

cheese posted:

Yeah, I still believe in the strategy, just got bit by the bad luck that is always a risk.

Yeah, I do too. I mean the guy who is in 2nd place in this league (Silly Burrito, who will probably overtake me for first this week) is studs and duds. Significantly more studs than duds, though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, I do too. I mean the guy who is in 2nd place in this league (Silly Burrito, who will probably overtake me for first this week) is studs and duds. Significantly more studs than duds, though.

My secrets, my precious secrets!

But as a DJ owner in another league, you live by your studs, you die by your studs. 2-5 and pretty much dead in that one.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

My secrets, my precious secrets!

But as a DJ owner in another league, you live by your studs, you die by your studs. 2-5 and pretty much dead in that one.
Lev Bell and Antonio on the same team shouldn't work but gently caress me if every week 1 or the other hasn't gone off for 25+. Its the risk you take though, yeah. My other auction league I went studs and duds too, but my studs were Antonio Brown, Zeke, Gordon and Gronk, and things are very different.

Its amazing how much hitting on one or two of your non-studs can really help.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cheese posted:

Lev Bell and Antonio on the same team shouldn't work but gently caress me if every week 1 or the other hasn't gone off for 25+. Its the risk you take though, yeah. My other auction league I went studs and duds too, but my studs were Antonio Brown, Zeke, Gordon and Gronk, and things are very different.

As a Saints fan and a fantasy football fan, I'm really happy they're starting to use Mark Ingram a hell of a lot more. :)

cheese posted:

Also, how the hell did you manage those four? Did no one else bid?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 25, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

As a Saints fan and a fantasy football fan, I'm really happy they're starting to use Mark Ingram a hell of a lot more. :)
The last few years have been so loving odd. Ingram has been an obvious 3 down stud and Payton has done everything in his power to not embrace that reality. Ingram must have insulted his wife or something.

Silly Burrito posted:

Also, how the hell did you manage those four? Did no one else bid?
The draft was in August like the day after the 6 game suspension and people were just crazy down on him. I got AB for like 61 since he was the first player up and I feel like the first superstar always goes for less than the next few. Gronk I think I just timed right with all of the people willing to spend on a TE getting one before he came up. I wanna say AB was 61, Zeke 45, Gordon 40 and Gronk 18.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i definitely learned my lesson auction drafting this year because i was too conservative.

Now I really need RB and lol that market.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Dubious posted:

i definitely learned my lesson auction drafting this year because i was too conservative.

Now I really need RB and lol that market.

Yeah, didn't you have like $20-$30 leftover at the end of the auction this year? Given how rarely the last few picks that cost between $2-$5 pan out, you're better off spending on at least 1-2 higher cost players to ensure you get some solid talent, and if you end up overspending, well, having $1 for your last 3 players isn't the end of the world.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who knew I should've played Isaiah Crowell? :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good game, Jags. Really was hoping Kelce wouldn't do too much tonight. Welp.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

So no one really needs a QB?

I need an RB, and still have Rivers/Cam/Stafford available.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Silly Burrito posted:

Good game, Jags. Really was hoping Kelce wouldn't do too much tonight. Welp.

GG. Didn't really think it'd turn out this way after Graham caught 2 TDs in the 4th and you still had Bell + Brown. Got lucky they had a down day.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

RIP to another QB

We sure no one wants one of my 3? GET CHA QUARTERBACKS HEAAAAHHHH

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Still got 3 qbs, looking for a WR

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

Still got 3 qbs, looking for a WR

Alright, fine!! I sent you a drat trade for one of your damned QBs!!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

timp posted:

Alright, fine!! I sent you a drat trade for one of your damned QBs!!

Appreciate it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now it's gonna get good.

#1 after tonight! Now to just keep it that way. :D

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Another year of limping into the playoffs with an entirely different team than I drafted

FANTASY.

FOOTBALL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yuzenn posted:

Another year of limping into the playoffs with an entirely different team than I drafted

FANTASY.

FOOTBALL.

The trade we made this season is the reason why I bumped up to #1 and you made the playoffs. Win-win baby. :)

Trust me, if we end up playing and I lose because Kamara's gonna Kamara, I will be banging my head. Even I didn't think he would go on that tear after the Peterson trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Good regular season. I'm gonna lock the non-playoff teams and ship Silly Burrito his 20% for best record. PM me your paypal or Wallet address please Silly Burrito.

At one point I was 0-4 and wondering if I was going to win a game this season, so 3rd place seems pretty good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

The trade we made this season is the reason why I bumped up to #1 and you made the playoffs. Win-win baby. :)

Trust me, if we end up playing and I lose because Kamara's gonna Kamara, I will be banging my head. Even I didn't think he would go on that tear after the Peterson trade.

I have Kamara and Tyfreak, aka REGRESSION BE DAMNED

So basically every game i'm scoring 130 or 52 if they ever fall back down to earth

• Locked thread