Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
normal Buster Quests aren't much less stressful if you don't yet have Expert Mode unlocked. I swore never to go back to non-Expert BQs, and by god, I mean it :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair, the EQ on extra hard is literally just the advanced buster quest with darkers and omega hunar thrown in.
Not sure how it works on lower difficulties but having four towers to bust makes it a lot tougher than your typical bq.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

NextTime000 posted:

dark blast is good

I'm very upset that they don't let you pick from every lobby action you have.
I want to use my pole dancing animation before I transform into an evil monster.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

MR. J posted:

To be fair, the EQ on extra hard is literally just the advanced buster quest with darkers and omega hunar thrown in.
Not sure how it works on lower difficulties but having four towers to bust makes it a lot tougher than your typical bq.

yeah it's the same rules as Main Match Advance

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20171208/

they are getting rid of the class excube client order requirement for unlocking the level 80 cap soon

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Too bad I think most of us are already long past that being relevant. :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

which will come first..

star citizen or this released in the west?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Constant posted:

which will come first..

star citizen or this released in the west?

the domain for the international release page expired, it's dead

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

MR. J posted:

Too bad I think most of us are already long past that being relevant. :v:

I finally got my first level 80 unlock on Tuesday. Never again am I going to pick the potential requiring PVP tokens.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

they are getting rid of the class excube client order requirement for unlocking the level 80 cap soon

Finally, never starting pays off

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

Oh cool, I might jump back in. The level 80 grind being that bad was like half the reason I quit.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Honestly the cube portion that they are axing is the lesser of the two slogs imo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

At least the cube portion afforded you ample time to practice and git gud with your chosen class.

Summoners still need to get a 13* pet to 120 :shepface:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
And the rest need to grind files to +35 a weapon.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they are adding 12* EXP eggs to the pet goods shop for like, 1 photon sphere each; that's ridiculously good

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
And yet if you're a serous summoner you still need legions of dropped pet eggs for those bonus stats. :negative:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't think I really like the new dragon boss. Feels like a bit tame.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Where's the stress? The mad cover of strange fruits? The sense of urgency? The cut ins from panicky NPCs and their gaining confidence with the music shifts? Until the very last phase it can't even oneshot most people.

The turret phase is at least frantic, even if it can't really hurt you.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I hate the tail flip
I hate the tail flip
I hate the tail flip

Hold the gently caress still you coked-up De Regan reject.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I don't think the fight is bad in and of itself, but the dragon feels aggressively generic (much like the entirety of ep5!).

Mech skin for Dark Blast when, SEGA?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Never, you're literally the only one who wishes it was an ugly A.I.S instead :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Dragon is basically a lovely Bal Rodos EQ with some dumb one hit kill stuff unless you're izane/stamina affixed up. :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Merry Christmas, you glorious assholes :sun:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Molestationary Store posted:

Dragon is basically a lovely Bal Rodos EQ with some dumb one hit kill stuff unless you're izane/stamina affixed up. :colbert:

I was going to make a post pointing out the ways that Bal Rodos was a straight upgrade from Del Rol Le in every way but music, Erythron Dragon was not from Bal Rodos and Vol Dragon, but then I got distracted by Del Rol Le's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Kb9-kbKJE
Merry Christmas, I hope everybody gets at least one red box.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm still waiting on redboy to give me a Val weapon while I watch all the randos around me get rich off them :sigh:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I Think the parallel people were makin with rodos was the whole "get on the gun emplacements to shoot the giant orb" bit

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

And the charge across the map three times attack. He's missing spawn three enemies and the laser/water jet, but the fireballs he shoots on the ground is similar.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That people seem incapable of dodging that charge is an endless source of :psyduck: to me.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That charge it does is much closer to Quartz Dragon than it is to Bal Rodos!

Really though beyond the flying fireball phase (which is 100% lifted from rodos) the fight isn't really similar to it at all.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The memorable bit is lifted from Rodos, the really poo poo rest of the fight is lifted from Devil Castles.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The fireball phase is the worst part tho???

It's so boring and long and pointless

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Which character class moves the fastest? Bouncer?

Playing this game reminds me of the halcyon days of City of Heroes (best game). I need to scratch my itch of superspeed spines/fire scrapper.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Hero moves the fastest.

Braver comes in a close 2nd, I guess? You're talking run speed right?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
everybody moves the fastest with regenschlag

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Gunslash: best uses are regenerating pp and yanking your rear end across the map.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Braver actually does move faster than any other class in the game when using Asagiri-Rendan, for the record.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Awesome. Thanks for the help. I am only lvl 18, but trying to make sure I don't gently caress up too bad.

Now I just have to figure out what I like to do.

My friend suggested I do Br/Hu, then Su/Br to unlock Hero. So, I am going to use that as my roadmap.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
really, everything can get from point A to point B quickly enough without having to rely on macros or something; and we were basically splitting hairs here. my biggest advice is giving everything a chance for a bit to see what you actually enjoy playing the most; though you can't really do that for Hero since it's locked behind getting three classes to 75. Getting hunter leveled up is always a good idea because basically every class wants to use it as a subclass, except force and summoner anyway

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Ardeem posted:

I was going to make a post pointing out the ways that Bal Rodos was a straight upgrade from Del Rol Le in every way but music, Erythron Dragon was not from Bal Rodos and Vol Dragon, but then I got distracted by Del Rol Le's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Kb9-kbKJE
Merry Christmas, I hope everybody gets at least one red box.

Well Del Rol Le's theme loving rules so that's understandable. :dance: :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oh right there was a dev stream a week ago and I was going to mention it here but kept forgetting

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-16-recap/

Early February update is the standard annual Valentines stuff: Event NPCs, Client Orders, Emergency Quest
Like last year, the Event NPCs will have some kind of interaction with the White Day NPCs if you clear all of their client orders
There will also be the Valentines Emperappy: The Chocolate Boy
Pink Rappy Suit Mini can drop; like Rappy Suit Mini, you can use accessories on it
Valentines File weapons will cover Bow, Dual Blades, and Rod; they will also support the Super Ability system.
If I am right about the data in the files right now, their potentials should be 20% pp cost reduction and 5% unconditional damage; while this looks terrible, I assume they mean for you to pile on damage-boosting super abilities to compensate.
The quest will also drop Val weapons with new Super Abilities as well; (what's left in the files is S2: 7% damage reduction, S2: 3% TAJA Damage boost, S2: Boosted pp regen while sheathed, could be any or all of these) so I assume they are going to want everybody using at least val weapons eventually, given how low many of them are getting in price...

On top of that stuff, the Limited Quest will cycle out from The Enchanted Forest to a Not-buster quest, where you just kill enemies on your way to beat up a devil castle :effort:
8-player MPA, Omega Hunar -could- appear, and the Arm unit version of Welia Bode will drop (Arm / Hang Bode)
The 2018 badge exchange will also update with a new lobby action and the right-arm heavy gatling accessory

Late February will let you change the colors of your Dark Blast, a host of various system updates, and some more buffs to non-hero classes (the top section of this post: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-15-recap/ )
Also there is a special Virtual On collab in the Battle Arena, a bunch of V-ON outfits and weapon camos will be put into the Battle Scratch; and the arena will let you use Ride Slasher swords and End Attract rifles to enhance the v-on experience I guess

:siren:In Late March, they are removing EP1-3 mode, and the Matterboards with it! if you want to get all of the titles associated with matterboard completion, you have until then to do so!:siren:
I assume now that they got the Omnibus mode covering EP 1 to 3, they can stop hiding the matterboards under the carpet and just nix them altogether

End of stream teaser: Omega Falz Loser coming in spring!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHAZNxK1tE
Like Omega Hunar, it kinda looks like an Ultimate-mode Loser, so I'm pretty excited for it; even if everybody else is just calling it lazy :shrug:
all of these events are kinda holding up the ep5 plot though; so I can see why people are getting a bit antsy about stuff like this.

EDIT: oh right tonight's update just adds a Rematch to Etherion Dragon: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/fight-the-evil-dragon-atrum-by-moonlight-in-a-new-rematch-quest/
4-players only, 80/80 reqirement, quest failure on 3 allied deaths, Atrum has ~10% more atk than Etherion, there is only one Laconium Sword,
Chronos Time Stones can drop, but allegedly at about the same rate as other 14★ weapons

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 23, 2018