Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think it's the Giant Crop Muncher. Make sure everyone's got their U-Material weapon upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's the mole after you first get to Celdic.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Considering it's CS2, the answer is already "Arc Slash."

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Tae posted:

I'm getting my rear end kicked by the first optional boss quest after you get access to AP's. I never done hard mode before, main problem is the mole heals for like 8k and I can barely do enough damage to even it out before he heals again (especially if he buffs up defense).

I beat that one not too long ago, on Hard mode as well. Try to have an Overdrive ready, and see about using a 200 CP S-Craft once its health is in the range where it starts self-healing. If the S-Craft doesn't finish it off, follow up with an Overdrive.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm a few hours into it. Is there anyone Rean won't headpat? When will Valimar get his turn?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'm a few hours into it. Is there anyone Rean won't headpat? When will Valimar get his turn?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't headpat guys, but I want to see if he'd headpat Estelle or Kloe.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm getting my rear end kicked by the first optional boss quest after you get access to AP's. I never done hard mode before, main problem is the mole heals for like 8k and I can barely do enough damage to even it out before he heals again (especially if he buffs up defense).

Here's my fight against him in my Nightmare run, might pick up some things from it.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dct9u9wdkfqY

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 16, 2018

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Some Numbers posted:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't headpat guys, but I want to see if he'd headpat Estelle or Kloe.

Rean might pass on the latter because he'd sense that Kloe's headpat-virginity has already been taken by Lechter.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 16, 2018

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't headpat guys, but I want to see if he'd headpat Estelle.

It'd probably go something like...
<--

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Skinship :chloe:

Is the whole royal family like this :drat:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Billzasilver posted:

Royalty is all about keeping it in the family.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Billzasilver posted:

From what we've seen so far, it's just Alfin and Olivier.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Erpy posted:

From what we've seen so far, it's just Alfin and Olivier.

Some royal families have physical debilities like Hapsburg Jaw. The House of Arnor all have - peculiarities in their romantic intrests.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tank Dad: still the best

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Omg Elise get a clue

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Big spoilers for act 1 part 2: Whoever they got for Bleublanc's voice is great. His laugh is amazing. Also that name drop was awesome!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Good idea: Millium put more clothes on.
Bad idea: Fie did the opposite.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

Big spoilers for act 1 part 2: Whoever they got for Bleublanc's voice is great. His laugh is amazing. Also that name drop was awesome!

That's Kirk Thorton and yeah, he's amazing.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Amazing enough that they backported his voice samples back into the Sky games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He voiced Craig the Red too, right? I've got a tin ear for voices but they sound alike.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I dont need to unlock quartz slots anymore right? Can I just buy random abilities now?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You need to upgrade your slots to insert Rare and Super Rare quartz, similar to Trails in the Sky SC.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Level 2 slot upgrades are also really goddamn expensive; you should start with everyone's cheapest slots, and then one or two of their restricted-element slots for a Thing later.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Or do like I did and cheatengine the hell out of all sepith and buy whatever you want.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Money and sepith isn't really a problem in CS2 like it was in CS1. The economy basically tripled in the amount of Mira you get from exchanging sepith, and all your best spells are from chests and quests.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Honestly, having just finished gathering the gang in Nord, I've been getting some good mileage out of the Scepter master quartz. Since I don't plan to take Force to the endgame, I've just kept Scepter on Rean until I get what I want for him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some master quartz has defintiely been rebalanced as well. Megalith isn't nearly as useful as it was in the first game.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Mostly because instead of getting it at high level where its CP-regeneration is already activated, you get it at level 1 and you're forced to spend half the game levelling it up. The point in the game where you manage to master it and get its sweet S-craft-for-every-battle-power is about the point where you were able to obtain it in the first game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I personally feel that Raven is the best MQ for Rean in CS2 because of increased Delay.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I personally feel that Raven is the best MQ for Rean in CS2 because of increased Delay.

Exactly. I'm about to do the Legram section, and since I'm not bringing Fie, I'll put Raven on Rean and give Fie Murakumo once I unlock it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the mq that restores cp on kill is the best MQ on rean and completely breaks the game on him because of a glitch that makes it so multihit attacks, if the first hit kills, give the kill CP twice. so his multihit arc slash he gets later just becomes an infinite CP machine and he can just delete normal encounters forever.

Unless the PC port fixes this glitch.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Endorph posted:

the mq that restores cp on kill is the best MQ on rean and completely breaks the game on him because of a glitch that makes it so multihit attacks, if the first hit kills, give the kill CP twice. so his multihit arc slash he gets later just becomes an infinite CP machine and he can just delete normal encounters forever.

Unless the PC port fixes this glitch.

Thing is there are lots of ways to restore CP and against later opponents with lots of HP "get more CP on kill" isn't quite as useful as additional delay-proc rate (Raven) or "hit twice with super-powered critical Gales". (Murakumo + Ice Crown + Arcane Gale)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

are all the MQ in cs2 relatively useful besides the one's mentioned? I'm just leveling up w/e. i know I remember people saying tauros or something was busted

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Oh no, I spent all of my $1000 to buy megalith!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

are all the MQ in cs2 relatively useful besides the one's mentioned? I'm just leveling up w/e. i know I remember people saying tauros or something was busted

More or less. Tauros grants a damage boost to crafts and S-Crafts now, not just basic attacks. It's one of the best master quartz for Laura or anyone else whose job is to clear the room with Domination alpha-strikes.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 18, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tauros got upgraded to boosting Craft damage too.

Moebius is still great, Criminal is still really good, Raven got better and Murakumo got better.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Pandora still has the same really good effects (wider arts range at higher levels and a flat increase to arts damage at the cost of 1.5 more EP, maxing out at 2x damage at level 5), but now it's dropped Shining and reduced Mirage art delay in favor of Heatwave and Spark Arrow (so now it gives complete lower element coverage) and at starting at level 4 it'll have a chance to inflict abnormalities.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 18, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

You're right but not because of Delay but because it makes him act first, allowing him to Motivate everyone immediately

Which also makes it the best MQ for Jusis when he joins which means Rean can do other things in random encounters.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who put all these Uruk-hai in charge of Soldat units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

obviously they're using the same voice changer as c used

• Locked thread