Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im a person who actually knows japanese and id like to say that the dub is actually better than the jp performances. and not that the jp voice track was noticeably bad or anything. the dub is just incredibly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id recommend playing both cold steel games at hard, minimum. cs2 can be done on nightmare but i wouldnt recommend a fresh nightmare run of cs1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

One thing I hated about TiTs is that sidequests wouldn't cancel when the chapter ends, but when you make a tiny bit of progress within the chapter. Is this series any more lenient?
The points where sidequests will end are way more obviously delineated. The game will tell you when sidequests will cancel, and the basic structure of the game is some NPC giving you a list of quests with 1-2 mandatory ones and 2-3 optional ones, and the game will continue past that point when you turn in the mandatory ones.

There's a few more hidden sidequests but they rarely give you anything important and they're pretty obviously meant to be done as soon as you find them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a couple of things, but also, the crossbell games spoil a couple of things that happen in cold steel, and these games (cold steel 1 especially) is meant for players new to the trails series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

school house basement is fine because every floor of it is like three-four screens long, max and the boss fights are usually fun challenges.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

How many cute boys are in this game

at least a dozen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Rean, Elliot, Gaius, Jusis, Machias, Crow, George, Patrick, Alan, Loggins, Rufus, Munk, Count Gordi, off the top of my head.

also olivier and mueller

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that guy's video relies on them moving closer because he doesn't use delay crafts or s-crafts and has a bad team set-up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

is this not a game where you can just use your favourites
you absolutely can use all your favorites especially since the best character in the game, is the protagonist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

But Laura isn't the protagonist?!
true i guess delay only goes from 'really good' to 'literally breaks the game' in cs2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you gotta stack delay super high from equips/quartz. nothing in the game is completely immune to it, they just have high rates of resistance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

How much is critical damage? Deciding between Pandora and Criminal for my Master Quartz.
1.5X.

criminal + fire bell + fire bolt just lets you cast fire bolt over and over and over again for decent damage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caidin posted:

New to Cold Steel here, I just finished up my June field trip so I guess that's chapter 3. I have a few questions. One, how long is Emma gonna drag out this "not a witch" thing? Two, why were the goons called dropout Jeagers if they're still mercenaries and trying to start a new Jeager company? Three, are these flashbacks Rean keeps having suggesting he murdered a bear when he was like 5 years old?

rean's already cottoned on and jusis calls her out on it later, rean's just too nice to push her about it. its only really relevant in that scene and once later on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is no formal training

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

astr0man posted:

This game was pretty great, and now I really want CS2 :negative:. I'd never played any of the trails games until now, so are the 3 sky games worth picking up too?
combat's a bit less interesting and the plot has a slower start imo but they're definitely worth picking up if you liked cold steel, esp. with them backporting the turbo mode from the cold steel pc port into them soonish

plus you get to hang out with olivert more than you did in cs1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Yo I'm in chapter 2, why does he yell at everything and everyone

alternatively, yelling a lot is v. cool

hes had a rough go of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

How old is Towa supposed to be, anyway? Is she just really tiny?
Towa is a japanese name (well, kind of, there's some towns in japan named that and like two japanese musicians named that) so I always figured the reason for her being so comparatively short is her being partly fantasy-asian in a world of fantasy-europeans. that's literally just a thing i made up based on nothing, though, there's no implication of her having any foreign ancestry. why am i posting about this.

But yeah, she's the same age as the other third years, she's just short. Even outside of my ~headcanons~ plenty of people are just randomly short.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of good rpgs with shorties:

trails of cold steel
fate/extra
tales of xillia

list of bad rpgs without shorties:

mass effect andromeda

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

It's been a while but IIRC in the festival one of her events has her mention specific that Towa is an unusual name for her to have and that some of her family are actually foreign.

i cant believe i was actually right. i own. feed me more power.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah there are entire dramatic scenes in CS2 that aren't voiced for whatever reason that will probably be voiced in PC CS2

if you really want to play CS2 now it's acceptable but know what you're trading off for here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terminally Bored posted:

I'm at Ch. 3 right now. I loved Sky and expected CS to be way, way worse than this. Sure, there are more stupid new-school anime tropes here (I can kinda see Agate using a huge fuckoff sword in Sky as he was a buff ex-ruffian but here it's wielded by a skinny teenage girl in a mini skirt) but it still got tons of soul.

i dont understand, you're acting like a girl with a giant sword is a bad thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the female character designs in cold steel, are, good

also please point out the female character in trails in the sky who doesnt wear a skirt and boots, because, surprise, they dont exist

edit: i guess ries is a nun but c'mon

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 22, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also sometimes ladies in real life have huge boobs, and i respect the ladies in real life that have huge boobs every day of my life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I still have no idea what Ouroboros is like other than they're mysterious and make robots

thats the long and short of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the mq that restores cp on kill is the best MQ on rean and completely breaks the game on him because of a glitch that makes it so multihit attacks, if the first hit kills, give the kill CP twice. so his multihit arc slash he gets later just becomes an infinite CP machine and he can just delete normal encounters forever.

Unless the PC port fixes this glitch.

• Locked thread