Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I beat Coldsteel in like 50 hours :shrug: and I got basically all the extra sidequests and points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All I see in the steam page is "WHERES JAPANESE AUDIO"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope we can mod in music because I forgot how eh trails 1 battle music is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Turbo mode literally is only there because of Nord highlands

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I said trails 1 because I vastly prefer trails 2 combat music. Trails 1 sounds kinda generic in comparison.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I like how Durante goes "Well, I'm not sure if xseed will spend money for this extra thing" for a game that added 5k extra voiced lines on a whim

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

As someone that couldn't really get into Sky because of slow play, I got into Cold Steel way more because 1) it's more modern with good voice acting and 2) you get a almost a full roster team immediately wheras Sky has you 2-3 party for quite a long while.

Also as someone that largely played Cold Steel as standalone, it tells you gently caress off if you never heard of the Crossbell saga which is every english fan's problem.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Separating the artes into attack/support/heal is such a QoL that's hard to not have for me.

Seeing xbox prompts is going to get a little bit used to.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope it's soon cause a lot of people will be pissed when they beat CS1

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The beginning dungeon might actually be the worst of the three series I've played in terms of setup. I've forgotten how bad Machias was and how forced drama the alisa thing was.

But mostly, shut up Machias.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I know that, but he makes the worst first impression and you don't really solve that for a few hours until his field trip.

"I hate nobles, also women can't take care of themselves"

"What, a girl?! I won't let one get one over me!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Battles in cold steel are basically abusing (and the game expecting you) the fact that you basically have unlimited CP and can do like 2-3 attacks per turn. It's far less about attrition compared to the Sky combat.

There's also persona 4 style fast travel in bringing up a menu for most areas. And you go faaaaast in turbo mode.

Side-note, IllBackYouUp! is still there. Odd thing, considering they touched up other lines.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My hard playthrough, I almost got wiped out by random battles outside cedric. Jesus, I'm not touching nightmare now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, he got paid. If anything, XSEED should be given credit for allowing a freelancer to get so much control over the port. From what he wrote, he was basically given the keys to make the port from the ground up instead of trying to fit a square PS3 game into a round PC hole.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It depends on how fast you upgrade your gear and equip the right items to prevent status effects, because Trails 1 money conversion is pretty bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For anyone using cheat engine for unlimited bonds, don't. I pretty much lost my playthrough because there's a mandatory Use Up All Bonds (before midterms) and the game literally can't continue because of this.

I even tried fixing it by putting bonds to 0 afterwards but the game internally still has it as above 1, and you go from rainy schoolyard to sunshine trista if you try to continue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I finally solved that weird speedup issue the game does with the battle music. If you straight up use a song into WAV, it speeds up but for whatever reason, converting a MP3 into WAV prevents that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well it took a day, but I managed to get back to my original save in a day. Thanks, turbo mode.

Is there a list of which wav files are which for VA, because I kinda wanna tekken 7 this and have random people speak japanese while others still talk in english.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just got to Sara's new jackass line.

I hope there's a list for all the new lines soon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would put a note somewhere in the OP to just use the speedrun save file and just transfer the Bonds bonus because it gives you enough points for everything. Much safer than Cheat engine, also you get access to a couple new game plus exclusive scenes right away.

Also smaller benefit is that it shows you the hidden supports like Towa on the map.

edit: Got to the dreaded Nord. Second time is pretty painless when you turn 4 minute trips across empty fields into 20 seconds.

Tae fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 6, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I remember Rean leveling up after he died during battle?

Done with Nord. Wow, that awful place is so much better now with turbo. I finished the whole section in like 2 hours.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay, explain to me why taking 10 minutes to travel from watch tower to nord village for every individual sidequest is enjoyable and not tedious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Next you're going to tell me that Shadow of the Colossus is a bad game because of how long it takes to get to each Colossus.

If you had to manually report back to the home base and can't start any other colossus quests until then, yes most people would suddenly call that game very tedious.

Did you say it was a mistake when they added fast travel to CSII?

Like, Nord itsef, the story, is fine. The doing of all the sheep quests or pizza quest or picking up a Red book for what's basically an empty field space for long periods of time is just tedious for no reason other than padding.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hatsuu, why did you have the entire swimming scene after Nord voiced.

Crazy person.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you wanted more Fie/Laura scenes, more of those scenes are voiced now during the Heimdall chapter.

(I have Laura Tekkened so I can tell which is new).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chapter 4 is like halfway into the game. And the second half is a lot more in terms of actual plot now that you're done being jerry springer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The bosses that basically laugh at physical damage are probably my biggest obstacles on hard.

I did not like Unsurtr, partly because he starts first and whatever he uses can immediately end the fight.

Also had to reset a practical exam because Fie one-shotted me with Scud. Damage is sometimes way absurd.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

OddObserver posted:

You did give Emma either criminal or pandora master quartz, right?

Pandora isn't available yet, and elliot does like 4k per attack which is good but not fast. Doesn't help that my best mages are also my best healers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Again, highly recommend any new or returning players to just download a clear save and pick Bond Bonus points as a carry over. I enjoy Jusis and Fie more since I actually get to see them, because I absolutely would not choose them over the special ones like Towa or Sarah on a 1st playthrough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What difficulty are you playing on? The general strategy for Pit Boss is to equip anti-sleep stuff and move Rean immediately to the side so that his arch slash hits two of the Pit Demons, while you kill the third one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Delay doesn't seem to work on some of the school bosses.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

poe meater posted:

How important are buying items and equipment in this game? Do you usually find equipment in dungeons? Playing on hard btw.

Buy weapons as priority for your physical attackers. This is where having magic casters is a good thing for budget concerns since they just need the quartz to function.

The game floods you with quartz gems and accessories and finding quartz is much stronger than crafting them yourself. I have like 4k in each quartz because I have nothing else to use them for after unlocking all the character slots.

I bought the Scepter master quartz early on and rolled in the money. You get a bunch of powerful Quarts+EP refill stuff later on.

edit: Seriously do the fishing sidequest. You get free sepith and fishing points to buy overpowered items very easily, and later on like Crystal Flood by chapter 2.

Tae fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 12, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How much is critical damage? Deciding between Pandora and Criminal for my Master Quartz.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really Pants posted:

I stuck this file in my CS saves folder, but it's not showing up. Does anyone know what else I need to do?

If you followed the exact location he listed it, have you actually try using the save?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone mentioned that you can infinite firebolt. I have Criminal+reduce fire cast+cast 2+cast 1. Is there a cast 3 or something late game I'm missing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She is the Gary Coleman of trails

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/899712834195513344

So hoping more for October than December.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is not going to apply for months when CS 2 comes out, but don't rely on triple advantage all day. They change how field attacks work, and it's much much worse and slower.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Trails 2 transfer is not a big deal unless you're starting on nightmare.

Also, cold Steel 2 runs like poo poo so prepare for 10 fps areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you could, I would really try to find a new game+ file to transfer bonding points, because CS2 triples down on "You can't see everything" the first time around. With way more non-class 7 supports.

And some bonding events require multiple points per resting period.

• Locked thread