Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Billzasilver posted:

Is it available for pre-order on gog yet? I've only seen it for sale on steam.

I don't think Falcom/Xseed does pre-orders. It will show up for sale on gog though. All the other trails games showed up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

queeb posted:

I wanted to play through tits 1 but drat that game is long and slow

It gets moving, eventually and you're thoroughly invested in the characters by then.

tits 2 gets moving much quicker than 1 and tits 3 is its own great thing.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Gonna want a PC Cold Steel 3 if we can get unlimited draw distance in it too.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

The most important question is whether I can play Cold Steel with my mouse like all the Sky games.

Got a bad feeling you may be out of luck but we'll see.

edit: I mean there is a "configure mouse & keyboard controls" on that launcher so you may need to use your keyboard too.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Little disappointed Olivert is losing but I understand that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

OddObserver posted:

I am seeing mentions of a Turbo mode !?

I personally think that was a joke because lip flaps for a character got broken by 60 fps.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Okay that's kinda great then. I missed the turbo mode in the corner.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Game is up. Discount is not (thought there was going to be a 10% off one or something)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oh DLC for casual clothes, $2 per person. Oh well. Honestly sounds like the store page went live like 20 minutes too early.

edit: 10% discount is up now on the main game btw.

edit 2: Discount keeps turning on and off, yeah gonna just wait a little while

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Turbo mode literally is only there because of Nord highlands

I have heard things about this Nord highlands. I look forward to my computer choking on it with unlimited draw distance but I'm not compromising/turning it off because "gently caress it let's just do this"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

So all 3 versions of the pc game are the same and are drm free per Durante on the neogaf thread.

Basically ends up meaning if you own it on steam and gog you can get achievements on both platforms with one playthrough since the game just looks for those clients running and reports stuff. If it does not see them it runs in a "whatever you bought the humble bundle version" mode.

Edit: also the other dlc not on the store/in that hidden 55% off bundle are all in the game (so shining pom dlc assuming that is a thing from the console versions is in).

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Omi no Kami posted:

Will the experience be improved by sequential play? I own all four on PC, and intend on getting around to them all, but the art style of cold steel looks awesome, and I've had an awful lot of trouble getting into the first trails in the sky's slow burn at the start.

Eh only in that you'll recognize a couple last names and one of the characters later on. Of course this kinda works both ways since you'll recognize that stuff again when you go back to Trails in the Sky.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Time to see how bad my computer (gtx 1070, i5-3550) hates things when I turn it all to max at 2560x1440 and turn off the framerate limiter.

I'm sure everything will be fine and using the unlimited framerate won't break things horribly like in valkyria chronicles. (Yeah I'm expecting poo poo to break)

edit: I mean between it running at 144hz, g-sync doing it's thing, and other stuff something'll probably give. Maybe I'll get lucky though.

edit 2: menu is hard to control at 144 fps so back to 60 with v-sync it is. Also may need to turn stuff down a bit the opening cutscene was at 45 with the tanks firing on each other.

edit 3: 4xMSAA and high quality DoF off and now the framerate is back to 60 during that bit it was 44 during.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Steam or GoG? I need roughly a million Shining Pom baits if that changes anything.

Whichever. Steam, Gog, and Humble are all the same build of the game (and are all drm free). Game just looks for steam or gog galaxy running (and you owning the game) to flag achievements, etc. If neither are detected it runs in DRM free/no achievements mode.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

drat it totally has the same G-sync stutter during loading transitions like the Trails in the Sky games. Oh well guess I'll just turn G-sync off. Basically when the engine drops to like 20 fps while loading a new map the monitor refresh rate also drops close to that and it's kind of jarring. It quickly jumps back through 2 or 3 transitions (30, 45, 60) real quick like but that causes stutter.

Oh well, again it's easy enough to fix it by just disabling g-sync.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

My hard playthrough, I almost got wiped out by random battles outside cedric. Jesus, I'm not touching nightmare now.

Starting on hard may have been a mistake. Oh well guess we'll see what happens. I only played Sky on normal and a couple battles in the third nearly kicked my rear end.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

This port is so smooth aaaaaaaahhhhhh I have only two complaints about it, but both of which were solved with external programs already on my computer, anyway:

1) Borderless windowed. Borderless Gaming with it auto-detecting the Cold Steel process fixed that.

2) When using my Dualshock controller, anything that wasn't a cardinal direction on my left thumbstick would make Rean walk instead of run. Switched over to using DS4Windows, and that fixed it. Not entirely sure this is the fault of the game, but I have a workaround, I'm not gonna look a gifthorse in the mouth.

Durante should get some kind of award for this effort, because god drat

Problem 1 was probably already solved. Fullscreen mode in the launcher is borderless fullscreen mode. There's no exclusive fullscreen. It does pause the game when it loses focus though.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

You could try manually changing the resolution in the settings file. It's in appdata --> local ---> TrailsofColdSteel1 ---> settings.xml.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

no can do, the game isn't programmed to letterbox it so that just makes it squeeze in cutting off the left and right edges of the screen, and if i try to tab out i get stuck on a white screen

Well that sucks. I'm surprised Durante missed 16:10 but got ultrawide to work.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

What's the keyboard prompt for the menu?
The defaults are:
E (Camp Menu, Triangle on the ps3 controller), Spacebar (The Map, start on the ps3 controller), and Q (Note menu, select on the ps3 controller)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 5, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Machias seems like the Wakka of this game.

Nah Wakka hates Al Bhed several times more than Machias hates Nobles.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

On the first Field Study day. Saw a certain someone that's totally Bleublanc. This is going to be great. :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Hatsuu, why did you have the entire swimming scene after Nord voiced.

Crazy person.

Hatsuu moves in mysterious ways.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Terper posted:

Do you remember how many Egg Soups have you sold in your life? :smug:

Enough to permanently break the Erebonian economy, thus causing a recession and somehow ruining your plans, Osborne. Can't run an army if you can't move supplies.

edit: so yeah actually I just used cheat engine after hitting 50,000 mira but I could have gotten to 900,000 anyway. It just would have taken a few hours.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Autosaves? Neat.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Again, highly recommend any new or returning players to just download a clear save and pick Bond Bonus points as a carry over. I enjoy Jusis and Fie more since I actually get to see them, because I absolutely would not choose them over the special ones like Towa or Sarah on a 1st playthrough.

Yeah I probably should have done that but I'm knee deep in chapter 3 now.

I'll just maybe go back and do ng+ in a few months....maybe...I dunno. Probably won't take as long since I won't be running around and talking to every npc multiple times every story beat.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

also olivier and mueller

They go without saying.

Also probably toval I dunno.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

is this not a game where you can just use your favourites

You can. Just not on nightmare on a new game easily.

Edit: also I'm only on hard but Gaius sealing and muting everyone is hilarious.

Really giving him and rean 4 different status effects has made chapter 3 a cakewalk so far.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I'm just gonna hope CS2 PC is out before the end of the year

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

So for Chapter 4, how long can I expect 'Fie: *reference to being a Jaeger* Laura: "..." to last? It's getting a little old.

It'll be over soon.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

An orbal shotgun can change a man.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Chapter 4 field study late day 2 So I was fist pumping when Olivier showed up. That's totally normal right? Really though this game needs more Olivier. Alfin teasing Elise is also amazing. I'd take more of her or Olivier. Thanks in advance Falcom.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Instructor Thomas wants me to keep an eye out for Unique dishes. Since the made Lotte wants me to keep an eye out for Superb dishes, does that mean Thomas wants BAD dishes?

Yes. He wants bad dishes.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Trailer for the third game is up for japan and it spoils the poo poo out of the second (and first) games. So probably shouldn't take a look at it til you beat cold steel 2.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Does that mean he hadn't started working on it before today?

Cold Steel 1 bug fixes, etc took some time.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I feel like CS2 will be out between February and April but hoping for January or December if Durante somehow works unbelievably fast.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Just checking: is the Falcom thread in CS3 spoilers mode now?

Kinda. There's been some spoilers tagged (and some inlined images inside spoiler tags) but there hasn't been much beyond the prologue.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Billzasilver posted:

Yeah its only quests and treasure chests and bonding events that are missable

Books and recipes can always be bought, but they're kinda expensive

Actually fishing is weird too. I know I missed one or two fishing spots but I still got 100%

I think fish you miss eventually show up in Trista late game?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope it's Calvard, but it would be hilarious if it was another Crossbell arc.

Or another Liberl arc. Remember when we were in Liberl?

It'd be nice to check in on Schera and Anelace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

CS2 is way way worse in a See All Bond moments, because you only have like enough bond point to see a third of them everytime. Even worse, the game now introduces multi-bond levels, so if you have 6 points, you might only talk to 3 characters because Elliot, Fie, and Emma each have 2 for that mid-chapter.

Yeah if that's the case I'm definitely waiting on a CS2 ng+ save file for bonding points and that ng+ quest

• Locked thread