Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
machias is my friend and we're going to eat the rich together

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
me only real complaint is there straight-up aren't any resolution options for 16:10, which is weird since every other game just solves it by putting black borders at the top and bottom so that it's just not changing your entire monitor resolution, but for this if i want to play in fullscreen it changes my entire monitor res to 1600x900, which looks fine in-game but makes everything else look weird if i want to alt+tab

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 3, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no can do, the game isn't programmed to letterbox it so that just makes it squeeze in cutting off the left and right edges of the screen, and if i try to tab out i get stuck on a white screen

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

baram. posted:

is this balanced well for taking on hard in a first playthrough?

i've gotten a ways into chapter 1 on hard and it seems to be fine, some enemies can loving wreck your party if you let them get a hit in but you've got a lot of crafts to delay enemies and arts to wipe them out fast and bosses are pretty beefy but they don't just spontaneously destroy your party, and boss health making fights a bit longer isn't too bad with turbo mode since it also auto-skips attack animations

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's not going to stop

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Justin_Brett posted:

Thank you.

Does Rean's turning feel a little weird to anyone else? Seems like he briefly comes to a complete halt whenever you do it for like a half-second.

are you using a ds4

the way the engine handles diagonal movement on dinput controllers is weird and has been an issue since the original ps3 release, only way around it is to use ds4windows and toggle "hide ds4 controller" to fake using an xbox one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like machias, i just wish he'd chill out a bit which he probably will on this field trip

also drat i was surprised when draw distance had like zero performance impact despite my really mediocre old cpu and i tried turning up a bunch of the shadow options and this game is still running buttery smooth, and my pc loving sucks. what is this magic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you have to listen to your teach

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

poe meater posted:

Do bonding points carry over from day to the evening? Should I be randomly saving my points even if I don't know who will be available? Still on my first day.

points do carry over from day to evening, but evening events aren't any more important so just spend them on whoever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah gaius isn't amazing for all situations but in certain fights, especially the one practical exam, his crafts are life savers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'm gonna say playing on hard i had a bit of trouble with the pit demons but they are nowhere near the boss at the end of chapter 2 in how frustrated i got fighting them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the quest that's just straight-up called Story of Seasoning

Return to Zender is pretty good too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terminally Bored posted:

Is there any way to force this best pc port of all time to display fullscreen on a 16:10 monitor? Is there a keyboard shortcut somewhere?

nope

considering how much work went into the graphical end of the game i'm going to assume something about the engine just makes it literally impossible, like how they still couldn't fix non-xinput controllers having weird issues with diagonal movement

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 16, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
really what i'm glad about is keeping va for any minor characters who lose it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sky arguably wastes less time in having you tour the world but cold steel gets the ball rolling on its characters way faster and the combat doesn't feel like you're wading through molasses for the first 60 hours

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Omi no Kami posted:

Does this have massive numbers of hidden/missable quests like trails in the sky? I'm still on the field trip at the very beginning, but I'm petrified of missing whole swathes of content if I don't systematically run around talking to everyone.

there's one hidden sidequest on every free day and field trip and a new set of rare-ish books. everything else is telegraphed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Omi no Kami posted:

Hmkay, I take it the books/hidden quest are both just a matter of mashing X on everyone in town, there's never obvious telegraphing?

yeah, though the hidden quests on free days are at least only available during evenings so that gives you a specific time to go around talking to everyone, and books are only found on field trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah cs3 is just a matter of having time and money for actual shadow and lighting effects and decent character models

• Locked thread