Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HAPPY * HAPPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Oh my god the way he flourishes with his head as he speaks. :swoon:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So many new people finding out about Yak0 is almost as good as playing it :allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yakuza 0 is very fun but I find it a heck of a lot slower than I thought it would be. Maybe it's just the start, I've only just gotten past chapter 3 and haven't delved too much into the side stories.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's been a while since I played a game with 10+ minute cut scenes that I'll actually watch.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lord Lambeth posted:

haven't delved too much into the side stories.
A Yakuza playthrough is doing all the dumb poo poo first and then remembering you've got an orphanage to save.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a particular dongle you guys would recommend for using a DS4 up to Steam? I'm going to be like ~4 meters away from the USB connection.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1031526513999470592

hell ya

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

fadam posted:

Is there a particular dongle you guys would recommend for using a DS4 up to Steam? I'm going to be like ~4 meters away from the USB connection.

It should just work with a typical bluetooth connection. It doesn't have nearly the same problems with bluetooth as Xbox controllers do, so don't worry about it.

Consider using DS4Windows though!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1031542095734091776

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fadam posted:

I just use a cheap BT adapter from Amazon (if you don't have bluetooth built in that is), like a Kinos $7 BT4.0 or something will work just fine

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Oh hey another reason to keep Hitman 1 in my backlog :v:

This rules though. I'll just get Hitman 2 and play loving everything.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

whaaaaaaaat.

io best. I wonder if we'll also get the old elusive.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks amigos!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gosh I sure hope they work on the engine so that I can actually play the game without my framerate tanking into the single digits. Marrakesh was basically unplayable for me, and it killed every bit of enthusiasm I had for Hitman.

And yes, I have a decent computer that can run GTA V on Very High with a solid 50-60 FPS.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Im really pretty surprised the Hitman devs are still around. Hitman Absolution almost tanked the brand entirely given how generally poor Hitman 1 sales followed compared to H:A, which didn't help S/E totally hosed it up by episodic always online poo poo.

And I admit I'm sort of the problem, I liked a few missions of Hitman 1 but I never got super far or into it, I just had way too much to play and it fell by the wayside. I'm still not sure if I'll get H2. I like them, but I'm also not really in the mindset anymore compared to my 15 y/o self to make my own emergent gamplay by meticulously scouting and setting up a fire alarm to shock a urinal which kills a dude after you give him too much liquor to force him to take a piss.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

King Vidiot posted:

Gosh I sure hope they work on the engine so that I can actually play the game without my framerate tanking into the single digits. Marrakesh was basically unplayable for me, and it killed every bit of enthusiasm I had for Hitman.

And yes, I have a decent computer that can run GTA V on Very High with a solid 50-60 FPS.

I mean that sucks but unplayably low framerates (single digits for real?) was not at all a universal problem in Hitman - it certainly wasn't the best optimized game, especially if you maxed it out, but saying "they better fix that engine" like it was an acknowledged mess on the PC seems pretty harsh when you were clearly having a non-standard experience.

e: what I mean by that is that it was likely down to some driver issue or fluke interaction between your specific hardware combo and the game, not that you personally hosed it up somehow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they arent padding the game with the last one like a dragon ball xenoverse 2 and are instead just heaping content on an already huge game like rayman legends

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I played through the demo and I think I just have a problem because independent of how good the system is (the demo wasn't really long enough to get a firm grasp on how the mechanics will pan out), I think class/job mixing is just a big vulnerability for me and I will get any game that allows it.

Sigh, wishlisted.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

now that i'm past getting jumpscared by loving mimics, Prey and Y0 are having a battle for my Gaming Soul atm

stupid good video games i should have played long ago!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hope that I inspired you through my journey from sucking rear end to one-shotting enemies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Couple Prey questions while I'm here, actually, having just gotten the Psychoscope and returned directly to the lobby.

- I know Neuromods are sort-of-limited-kind-of, but realistically, how much stuff can i expect to have unmaxed at the end of the day? I'm basically wondering how much to hold on to and how freely I can gently caress around until I research e.g. Psychoshock.
- Are any neuromods especially bad?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If you get Recycler Expert and Necropsy early, and you're thorough with your dumpster-diving, it's easy to max out half of the available powers.

The only "bad" tree is probably Leverage since you can just recycle heavy obstacles, but it's still fun to use so whatevs

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ciaphas posted:

Couple Prey questions while I'm here, actually, having just gotten the Psychoscope and returned directly to the lobby.

- I know Neuromods are sort-of-limited-kind-of, but realistically, how much stuff can i expect to have unmaxed at the end of the day? I'm basically wondering how much to hold on to and how freely I can gently caress around until I research e.g. Psychoshock.

I didn't max out my entire tree, but there were definitely points towards the end where I was just putting points into things for the sake of putting points into things. Like I'm not a terribly imaginative murderer, but focusing on shotguns and psiblasts (or whatever it's called) was good enough for me. My point is to just spend your points into whatever you think looks cool and don't sweat it too much. It's really not that difficult of a game and around the halfway point killing things should be mostly trivial.

I don't remember anything that was actively bad, although I'm sure there are many that are more limited in their usefulness (like all the heavy lifting poo poo but I also don't really care to throw things to kill).

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ciaphas posted:

Tough to say because Neuromods eventually become craft-able so how many you get depends on how many resources you find/decide to dedicate to making more mods. You will definitely have plenty to play around with though so I wouldn't sweat it to much. Some of them are situational, or don't really help in combat, but those will be obvious and usually have a correspondingly low mod cost.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Really Pants posted:

If you get Recycler Expert and Necropsy early, and you're thorough with your dumpster-diving, it's easy to max out half of the available powers.

The only "bad" tree is probably Leverage since you can just recycle heavy obstacles, but it's still fun to use so whatevs

Oh, the beforeiplay article said to skip necropsy since "exotics won't be your neuromod roadblock" or something similar. Recycler called to me like a beacon though, yeah. :v:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ciaphas posted:

Neuromods are not particularly limited once you get that blueprint for them (and get around the DRM). I don't think there are any traps, if something sounds fun just go for it. Really depends on how you want to play. You want to prioritize things that keep you alive early on, but if you've got the psychoscope you're free to experiment.

Psychoshock in particular is almost game-breakingly good. Maybe avoid it if you want to preserve a sense of danger :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You'll be able to craft neuromods soon and will actually run out of things you'd like to put points in

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, the beforeiplay article said to skip necropsy since "exotics won't be your neuromod roadblock" or something similar. Recycler called to me like a beacon though, yeah. :v:

That applies much more to Mooncrash than original-recipe Prey.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Has there been any word of another patch for Yakuza 0 in the works? It remains unplayable for me and I die a little each time I see this delightful dumb stuff posted. Yes, I’ve done the priority thing, ini stuff, and CPU limiting. I keep watching for the SegaDev account to post updates, but I’m hoping I’ve missed something.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Really Pants posted:

You can two-shot pretty much any lategame enemy by tossing a couple LevIII items into them...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/814380/Sekiro_Shadows_Die_Twice/

The closest thing we're ever gonna get to Bloodborne is coming.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, most of the time I'm running out of exotic materials. Synthetic has occasionally been a problem, but you can just recycle some of the five billion suit repair kits or other superfluous items

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

ReWinter posted:

I mean that sucks but unplayably low framerates (single digits for real?) was not at all a universal problem in Hitman - it certainly wasn't the best optimized game, especially if you maxed it out, but saying "they better fix that engine" like it was an acknowledged mess on the PC seems pretty harsh when you were clearly having a non-standard experience.

e: what I mean by that is that it was likely down to some driver issue or fluke interaction between your specific hardware combo and the game, not that you personally hosed it up somehow
Guessing he was using DX12 mode. Until I switched to DX11 I'd get random frame rate drops and stuttering several patches ago.

Seems to be fixed now though so he should give it another try if that was his problem as well. Maybe try switching modes if he's still having problems.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Warbird posted:

Has there been any word of another patch for Yakuza 0 in the works? It remains unplayable for me and I die a little each time I see this delightful dumb stuff posted. Yes, I’ve done the priority thing, ini stuff, and CPU limiting. I keep watching for the SegaDev account to post updates, but I’m hoping I’ve missed something.

If you're already using the first beta patch then no, there hasn't been anything more as of yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Happy birthday to me.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

The constant Yakuza posting finally pushed me into trying it out even though I was convinced my laptop wouldn't be able to run it, and it turns out that if I set the render scaling to 25% it runs fine, and while it doesn't look amazing it's still not bad and very colourful. So thanks for not shutting up about it thread.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xaris posted:

And I admit I'm sort of the problem, I liked a few missions of Hitman 1 but I never got super far or into it, I just had way too much to play and it fell by the wayside. I'm still not sure if I'll get H2. I like them, but I'm also not really in the mindset anymore compared to my 15 y/o self to make my own emergent gamplay by meticulously scouting and setting up a fire alarm to shock a urinal which kills a dude after you give him too much liquor to force him to take a piss.
The much maligned "just tell me all the ways to kill dudes in this level" system was made for you.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Can't do a bad translation if you never translate it in the first place.