Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Mordja posted:

I'm strangely proud of this.

This is exactly what mine looks like for this category. :respek:

e: installing Opposing Force

CLARPUS fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

Terminally Bored posted:

TB was a gamergater.

I don't think he's necessarily a bad person overall even if he did some undeniably lovely things (which I also rly hated to be clear).

Anyways sorry for this digression here are some mystery steam keys (I actually don't know what they are, but I apparently already had them and got them in a bundle):

9TR9V-R2F29-VW8X3
QBXA3-Q959W-VD4Y7
VJLNW-B76VB-JBCBX

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Is there something wrong with my brain if I couldn't care less about this spring cleaning badge thing or earning more pointless inventory things?

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure where I heard of it but I bought and played Ghost 1.0 a couple weeks ago and it is a drat fun metroidvania style game. Had quite a few emotional moments, too.. the storyline is good. Word of warning though, the first boss will kick your rear end until you get his movement patterns down. Second one too, although not quite as bad.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Jusupov posted:

That's a super great and fun reward. Is it a 10% sale coupon :o

I remember old events that gave items in games, why did they stop those
greed

people gaming the system with new accounts which they could have solved by disallowing accounts under a certain age from participating

(greed)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Just as a reminder: You can "play" a game by opening it in steam achievement unlocker without downloading anything.

I'm sure the vast majority of posters here don't have to worry about conserving traffic, but still.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jusupov posted:

I remember old events that gave items in games, why did they stop those
It required communication with developers.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is Berseria or Zestria the Tales game that people liked a bunch?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
drat shame about TB, he said some dumb stuff to be sure but he didn't by any means deserve to go like that. Can't even imagine how hard the whole ordeal has been for his wife either. Cancer's a real fucker.

kater posted:

Is Berseria or Zestria the Tales game that people liked a bunch?

The former.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ghostlight posted:

It required communication with developers.

it required valve to give things to people rather than taking money from them

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Just as a reminder: You can "play" a game by opening it in steam achievement unlocker without downloading anything.

I'm sure the vast majority of posters here don't have to worry about conserving traffic, but still.

Yeah if people want the dumb badge they're going to do that, but a useful* backlog curation could be cool. Just pointing out positively reviewed things you've missed, or well-loved games with surprise updates you never heard about because they were uninstalled at the time :argh:

*useful!!

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 25, 2018

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

flesh dance posted:

Yeah if people want the dumb badge they're going to do that, but a useful* backlog curation could be cool. Just pointing out positively reviewed things you've missed, or well-loved games with surprise updates you never heard about because they were uninstalled at the time :argh:

*useful!!

Just being able to see the store page blurb for stuff in my library would be helpful tbh. I have a lot of random bundle stuff.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Anyone have a spare Destiny 2 key from humble they don't want/need? I'm happy to exchange a £5 steam game for it or something.

Never mind, sorted.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 25, 2018

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
God drat it, I thought I had time to see what I liked in the Humble Trove and cancel my Monthly subscription before I got dinged for the next month. I sure as hell don't want Destiny 2.

Have at it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

A good poster posted:

God drat it, I thought I had time to see what I liked in the Humble Trove and cancel my Monthly subscription before I got dinged for the next month. I sure as hell don't want Destiny 2.

Have at it.
Hahaha. US only it seems.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A good poster posted:

Have at it.

I got it, thank you very much!

edit: Do you want plat or an avatar change?

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 25, 2018

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

When people said Rain World made them angry and yet they kept playing I couldn't understand why you'd want to play a game like that. But it looked cool so now I have a copy.

Now I know, and agree. And wish I wasn't. :gibs:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Croccers posted:

Hahaha. US only it seems.

poo poo, I'm in Canada. Would I have been screwed over if I'd wanted that?

BattleMaster posted:

edit: Do you want plat or an avatar change?

If you're offering, I'd like a Platinum. Thank you very much.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A good poster posted:

poo poo, I'm in Canada. Would I have been screwed over if I'd wanted that?

If you're offering, I'd like a Platinum. Thank you very much.

I'm Canadian and I was able to use the code just fine.

I have a platinum gift certificate code for you, how should I get it to you?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Mordja posted:

I'm strangely proud of this.

Same selection, there was only one answer:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Mindblast posted:

When people said Rain World made them angry and yet they kept playing I couldn't understand why you'd want to play a game like that. But it looked cool so now I have a copy.

Victory often tastes sweeter when you have to fight for it. It's a big reason why Souls became as big as it did.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
From the latest La-Mulana 2 update -

Nigoro posted:

Issues noticed while having people play the first part of the game at BitSummit; additional traps, as it didn’t feel like there were enough;

:unsmigghh:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Kanfy posted:

Victory often tastes sweeter when you have to fight for it. It's a big reason why Souls became as big as it did.

Sure! I played most souls games myself and I agree. This is a different kind of harsh though. I think all the ai's on the loose are a major part of that, but that's also what makes this game neat.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I have a platinum gift certificate code for you, how should I get it to you?

EDIT: Got it, thanks!

A good poster fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 25, 2018

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

edit: too slow on the reply, lol

Thanks again!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So, here's a very limited offer -

If you live somewhere in the Middle East AND are interested in Destiny 2 BUT haven't bought it yet, then here's a free key for you!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

The Steam app in on the App Store.

The Steam app doesn’t let you play games though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

graventy posted:

The Steam app doesn’t let you play games though.

The new one on Android does.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/brendansinclair/status/999817973601681409?s=21

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mindblast posted:

The Dark Souls comparison is apt - in a way it is a methodical platformer, where you have to improve your skills and learn the rhythms of the game to succeed. And by god it is satisfying to win - you outsmarted a predator, made difficult jumps, etc.

And... Presentation. The game never mocks you for failure. When you die, it lets you watch the last screen you were in. You can watch a predator drag your corpse off. It's just a... It feels nice? Death lets you watch this beautiful game without being focused on playing it, and you can of course instantly hit escape and resume play. "You died? Here's something nice to watch."

I like it a lot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

got'm

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If you'd like Destiny 2 and live in Poland, PM me here or on Steam.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I love super strict regional stuff :allears:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Croccers posted:

I love super strict regional stuff :allears:

Yeah, makes it so easy to share games with friends!
Like how I can get games from all my american friends but the moment I try to give anything the internet screams at me. Neighbourly

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How do you even know what the first game you got on steam was? I'm pretty srue its half life 2 because I bought it and got steam via its original release in 2004

ed: oh duh you just click it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Frog Act posted:

How do you even know what the first game you got on steam was? I'm pretty srue its half life 2 because I bought it and got steam via its original release in 2004

ed: oh duh you just click it

You can also go to account details -> view product key activations if you wanna see your whole chronology

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I use my brain to remember the first thing I got on Steam.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Where do you get one of those?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I seem to remember my first Steam game was Empire: Total War, but if they reckon it was Portal I'm not going to argue.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sininu posted:

Where do you get one of those?

Unfortunately it's now region-locked from the US storefront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

so I'm not into freemium games