Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I bought Heat Signature but on the 3rd mission I bumped into a this tiny little ship I was supposed to dock with and it started flying round in circles. Couldn't catch it after that. Refunded and waiting for the inevitable Humble Bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Does that tracker account for bundles and card money?

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Yeah I've spent less in 10 years of playing steam games than some people spent THIS WEEK buying fake land and ships in a Star Citizen.

I know a guy who's wife left him because he spent over 15k on the Diablo 3 auction house. Imagine being that guy when they disabled it, lol.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Can anyone remember thst pixelart Binding of Isaac but in a spaceship game that was on sale a weeks ago? I forgot to wishlist it.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Glare Seethe posted:

Monolith, maybe?

This was it, thanks!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Hob is so good. I'm really sad Runic closed now.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Cleric is a solid class all around that lets you touch on magic and wear heavy armor, stuff that's mutually exclusive if you go for mage or fighter.

I played the whole of BG1 as a ranger, as a kid and I liked it, dammit.

Then I played BG2, as an adult, as a mage and nuked the poo poo out of everything.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Help me Steam thread. I have 850 games but all I play is Kingdom Rush Frontiers and Dungeon Warfare.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
The patch fixed Tesla Vs Lovecraft right up and it's a lot of fun. I've really been enjoying the 3rd difficulty level, seems just about right. One of the better ADHD twin stick shooters you can get atm. The devs are worth supporting too, they've been updating Crimsonland for years and years!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I played the first level of The Bureau and thought it was ok but then it ate my save when I quit and I really can't be bothered to replay it.

So I guess yeah, it sucks.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Edit : gently caress it, refunded Strain Tactics. There looks to be a fun game hidden in there somewhere but I'm not prepared to fight those awful controls anymore.

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 7, 2018

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

The tutorial teaches you to use the mobile controls - the PC controls are much better. Left click on units to select, right click to tell them where to go or to pick up an item. Left-click and drag for line drawing. F to initiate force-fire, V for overwatch, spacebar for pause. Hotkeys 1-5 for unit selection.

I get that but it's left click to drag and move, right click to drag the screen, right click to move, left click to start firing at something OR pick it up. It feels absolutely terrible to control.

I redid that first mission and it was dark; couldn't see poo poo. Navigating tight spaces with 5 guys whose name text all overlaps is just gross. They kept walking into fire when you go into the building to get the laptop.

a guy got infected, the helicopter wouldn't pick anyone up to decontaminate, the spray didn't work, had to wait around till he changed then play inventory Tetris to free up space for a bodybag...which wasn't there!

gently caress it I feel like my dad trying to work the VCR. Too many menus on different corners of the screen. It would be fine on a tablet but it's real pain to navigate the UI with a mouse. It's probably fun if you have more patience but it's definitely not for everyone.

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 7, 2018

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I found WASD to move the camera to be comfortable, and... the spray didn't work? That's not right, it 100% cures infection if your dude is standing under it.

I'm sorry the game wasn't for you. :( I feel like I want to leap through your screen to show you it, but...alas. Games are personal experiences.

No the helicopter stopped letting me board people anywhere on the map and the medical spray didn't cure the infection timer. Maybe I was using some other spray though because you have to OPEN A DIFFERENT MENU TO SEE THE NAMES OF THE ITEMS YOU HAVE EQUIPPED. What the hell is that? Why not just make that entire second menu a tool tip so you can distinguish one nearly identical, tiny spray pic from another?!

Sorry, I was quite hyped for that game.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Lara Croft GO is excellent and if you got this HB you should definitely play it.

In fact I'll give my copy to the next person to quote this message (must have PMs).

Hello!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Humble Monthly.

"We're terribly sorry but Destiny 2 isn't available in your region. How would you like to subscribe and get 2012's stunning sequel to noted, terrible game Prototype?!

Wait...come back!"

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
It's not steam but has anyone played FORZA HORIZON 3? Is there anything there that makes it worth getting if I already have Dirt 3/Rally/Test Drive 2/The Crew?

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I'm still just waiting for Dungeon Warfare 2 to release. Hope they don't delay it again!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

bamhand posted:

Huh interesting. My mine consumable one shots entire waves unless I've called in 10+ and they get a huge hp/damage resist bonus. I always have hundreds of enemies on my screen so only rockets or bolts feel like they do much. Haven't tried the teleport trap yet. This is around level 100 so I have most of all 3 skill trees complete and level 30+ traps for the ones I'm using.

I do like Dungeon Warfare 2 but I think the runes totally unbalance the game. I felt like the first game had legitimately difficult levels the first time through and here all the difficulty is wrapped up in setting your own level of challenge. That can be fun but I'd prefer to have a more curated experience through the game at least once.

It's not bad but I think I may prefer 1.

Also I got some insane lightning trap buff runes that make me do like 200% damage and there's no reason to ever use any other traps now.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fh3-platinum-plus-expansions-bundle/9n3rzqgc6k10

Forza Horizon 3 Complete edition is on sale for 39bux

I remember we were talking about this a while back. Glad I decided to wait for a sale! The Hotwheels expansion looks like my childhood dream come to life!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What is it about Space Sims that attract so much legal drama?

They're a honeypot for the most hosed up psyches outside of anime games.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Cactus posted:

I'm getting him that on his Switch for christmas, amongst other things.

My 5 year old currently likes Rime. It might still be in the fanatical/humble bundles atm.

Seriously though. Hope you're strictly limiting his gaming time at this age.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
gently caress. Humble didn't do Project Cars 2 in my region, which was all I wanted!

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Humble games don't interest me much this month and I'm also broke.

Absolver, Tannenburg, Sundered, $2.50 each if anyone wants them.

Sold. Northguard, Minit

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 7, 2019