Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/890620163493515264

OH MY GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQVjxyzX3k

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

I had no issues with the gameplay of DE:MD, solid stuff if you liked Human Revolution.

It just did absolutely nothing for the overall ~lore~ of the series and felt like it had a fair bit of cut content.

Well worth it at that price.

Does it do anything about Jensen's brain damage during cutscenes?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dark Souls is a game with perma-undeath.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Kingsway an idler, a roguelike, both or neither?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Croccers posted:

IT'S VILLAGE, complete with 12320 Steam Achievements

that clearly says ITS UILLAGE

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WHY DOES THAT SHARK oh gently caress it.

NO NOT LIKE THAT

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Usenet, mostly.

Also being Australian

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Tales of framcjise is having a sale. Which one should I grab?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fuzz posted:

After having a backlog building up for YEARS I finally got around to playing Bioshock (Remastered). I'm up to Arcadia, and this is a very good game. Basically underwater System Shock, but that's not a bad thing.

Atlas is a Shodan-like betrayer, isn't he.

Thats not the twist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you really asking us to spoil the game for you?

Father: I am your son

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Actually both sides were evil!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its 85 mb. 30 cents per meg, what a bargain

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huge Death Road to Canada update

Big Features

- Lots of new music! The soundtrack has more than doubled!
- Big revamp to all the fire weapons.
- New lighting system with darker darkness
- Flashlights
- New barricading system! Furniture and characters can be used to reinforce doors.
- New system for AI followers using thrown weapons
- New Rare Trading Camp system! Contains Hidden Laboratory, Ye Olden Renaissance Faire, and Swole Mountain: THE place u get SWOLE[tm]

Major Content

- Over 40 new weapons!
- 11 new recruitable special characters!
- 4 new traders added for the normal Trading Camps
- 10 new cheevos (8 for this update, 2 for America Day/Canada Day)
- 9 new location events: Burning Building, Pig Farm, Ghost Mansion, Frozen Forest, and more!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its less 'unfinished for 26 years' and more 'its a constantly evolving project.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JYDGE is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter where you get to build your own cybernetic JYDGE and eradicate crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

I wish, it's just a bland time-displaced game. If you remember those garbage shareware games that used to exist back in the mid-late '90s that were poo poo out in an afternoon but demanded $25 for the full game, everything I've seen of Grimoire's graphics and sound design remind me of that.

a neanderthal falls through time and into 2017. after uploading his Gamemaker '87 tutorial level, he tweets row upon row of word salad. grasping the nearest stranger by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried grimoire"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

team fortress still lookin good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Which is the game where you're a space whaler on a space jetski harpooning monsters and tearing them to bits?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Blacksea Odyssey is what you're thinking of I believe.

heck yea it is!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/369550/Blacksea_Odyssey/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Because most of their writing staff jumped ship after WD S1

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Will the person who won all those games in the Trump toxx play through all of them before we're all killed by nukes?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Late to the party, but I finished INSIDE.

That sure was a thing.

yeup

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Just remembering the last third of Inside makes me smile. That game and Journey made me so happy for two completely different reasons.

*moans*

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/893313051293822976

:yawn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what if you just choose to shoot him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i love valve merch

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

seriously though what game is that supposed to be defending now, grimoire?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

duckfarts posted:

what game is this one? it looks like a cool game i'd be terrible at and quit after five minutes

lets ask google

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh boy a golden manbaby.

:|

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only thing I know about enslaved is in the post mortem for the game, there was a writer asking why the hell the lead character was such an rear end in a top hat and the designers being surprised because they thought kicking slaves to death was him being a badass.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roguelikes are always about dying til you get good at not dying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

are you talking about pillars or path or portal of evil

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pillars of Exile :v:

... okay okay

Path of Exile is the ARPG with the good if minimal story that I want to see more of despite not loving the gameplay 100%.

Pillars of Eternity is the RPG with the really generic writing that I'm not sure I want to read more of despite there being a ton of it.

yeah that's not an answer. :|

If you're playing Pillars, just turn the difficulty down. There's not much really enjoyable about the combat. The writing varies depending on who's being written. Some are great, others are forgettable to bad.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 15, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You were esther all along.

(The narrative is pseudo randomized so you may have gotten a twist no one else did?)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Glare Seethe posted:

I finished the Sorcery! series just now and it was supremely excellent up to the middle point of the 4th part, when it nosedived into a frankly infuriating loop of tedious repetition and trudging through the same encounters over and over again trying to find whatever needles you missed in the metaphorical haystack. I actually thought not having the rewind feature would be fun and good, especially since I rarely used it throughout the series to improve outcomes, opting to roll with whatever consequences my actions had. But it turned out to be a huge weight on the game's design in my opinion and it's such a shame. The game world is already less interesting than the second or third parts, and the way to make progress more opaque, so having to continually go through the same bits repeatedly just made it ten times worse.

Still, as a whole the series is excellent... just be wary of that fourth part, I guess.

There's a few rewind points inside the city itself but it wouldnt have hurt to have more of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nidhogg 2 has an interesting art style.