Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
For those wondering, Steam Support still kinda blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Wages have not kept pace with inflation man come on you know this.

I paid $18 for Pyre and don't regret it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Same as AMD Raptr and the windows 10 Xbox stuff. Dunno about twenty minutes, but they can record the last X minutes/seconds.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Every single character I've met so far in Pyre has been incredible.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 31, 2017

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Xander77 posted:

I started with Rome: TW, and must have invested hundreds of actual hours into it over the years.

But then I bounced off every single TW since. :(

Warhammer is really, really good. It's the first TW game I've stuck with since Shogun 2.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Civil war in Rome 1.

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood from WinGameStore in the 24th. Signed in with facebook, paid with paypal. Apparently paypal was a bit slow on processing the payment, only sending me the receipt on the 25th.

After the purchase was stuck in "processing" for a week or so, I've emailed their support. Still not reply, the purchase is still being processed.

Don't buy anything on that store.

Dunno man, PayPal has also been a steaming dumpster fire for years. I have like...6 or 7 credit/debit card that have expired over the last 10 years and yet I can't remove any of them because I have "pending payments". I haven't bought/sold/whatever anything through PayPal in maybe a year and a half. It's loving bonkers how bad PayPal is.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

Is Darkest Dungeon a good game?

Yes. Play on the easier difficulties and don't get attached to adventurers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Orv posted:

Well, Warcraft 3 Remastered basically just got confirmed today.

Zuh!??

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

strategery posted:

Anyone got anything good from GOG's pinatas? Just makes me want Viva Pinata 1/2 on steam...

I got Bedlam Deluxe which I've heard is...not great. Then I got Trine. I'm done.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Alien Isolation is the only game in that bundle that I might pay money for, and even that seems like the kind of game that will bore me after a while.

Dead by Daylight looked sort of interesting but I am always hesitant of buying into multi only games, especially since ending up in the humble bundle probably means your community has evaporated.

I haven't played it, but Dead by Daylight is looking pretty okay according to steamcharts http://steamcharts.com/app/381210

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Awesome! posted:

everyone should own a 3ds

Or, like most owners, three or four 3DSs.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

A fate worse than death

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

maybe gamers will keep it in their pants and not buy this poo poo for once?

haha who am i kidding of course bethesda is going to make a killing off this

Eh, I dunno how many people are dying for pallette swapped pipboys or armor

Edit: they'll hit it big when they add a bondage outfit.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Sonic Mania vs DRM Hysteria. Who will win???

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

A $20 game sure is a novel place to try the Robin Hood defense.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Croccers posted:

Denuvo seems to only be as effective in line with how popular the game is. RE7 and Tekken took less than a week. Just Cause 3 and some other mediocre game took a while. Then games like Need For Speed, one of the FIFAs and Homefront Revolution never got cracked (Homefront devs did remove the DRM in the end) because loving :lol:
Give Sonic a week and they'll bust it open.

Denuvo et al only need to exist in games for a very small amount of time for them be effective anti-piracy measures. The initial sales window is all it needs to cover before the market moves on to some other flavor of the month game. http://kotaku.com/denuvo-explains-why-doom-dropped-their-anti-piracy-tech-1790192362

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Too Shy Guy posted:

Originally I just showed up to ask why the gently caress ARK is sixty whole dollars but discussing the divide between art and artist is hardly a waste of time.

Because the devs are loving insane, that's why. The game is still un-optimized garbage and unfun as gently caress on unmodded servers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

does that slider change the characters skin color? lol that owns

Yep. It's a thing. http://kotaku.com/new-south-park-game-gets-harder-if-you-play-a-black-cha-1801944202

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

South park is responsible for creating a generation who think taking a position on anything is inherently wrong and the only thing to be worshipped is the status quo.

Go on...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

il_cornuto posted:

Someone help me decide: Finally play Witcher 3 on low settings with 30 FPS or wait an unknown amount of time - certainly months, maybe over a year - until I can afford a decent gaming PC.

Play it now and then play NG+ on your new PC

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay but how did they get Nintendo to let them put something that family unfriendly on one of their consoles

D-did you ever see Quake64 or Conker's Bad Fur Day?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Terminally Bored posted:

atm they can't get it to work for more than 10 people at the same time so that's a huge no to the MMO aspect.

Have they tried adding more real-time VR face rendering?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

New Concept Hole posted:

Borderlands: King of the Vault

As dumb as this sounds at first, it's honestly not a bad idea to cash in on.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Heat Signature is so loving good you guys

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I found a neat gun in Heat Signature

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

If the missions being offered aren't fun you can also just fart around in space hijacking whatever ship comes by. I've had good luck finding useful items that way.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Imagined posted:

Denovo only bugs me on franchises and games that have a history of being mod friendly like new DOOM. Otherwise it really doesn't bother me. Imagine if they put Denovo on Fallout 5?

Uplay otoh can go eat the biggest bag of dicks.

Denuvo doesn't really mean anything wrt mods. It all depends on how a developer allows mods to interact with the game. Modding in Do4m doesn't exist because the game doesn't support it and you have to unpack and repack the game to inject mods into it and it's a clusterfuck.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Snuffman posted:

What is "Telltale DRM"?

Another service I need to log into?

Sorry: Blizzard, Steam and Origin are my limit.

Yeah, it's another service. I used it when Wolf Among Us came out and it was a debacle. The saves got all hosed up and the episodes launched later on Telltale's own platform than they did on Steam.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

If you're going to recommend Bastion at least mention that Transistor and Pyre are from the same devs and also kick rear end.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Shadow of War is reminding me of Evolve. A great game with last minute "oh poo poo, the MBAs have an idea!" garbage forced onto it at the last second. I can't imagine designing a game under the f2p model for years only to have a ridiculous price tag added to it at the last second. Just like I can't imagine designing a game only to have ridiculous pay2win hooks added at the last second.

I'm just glad to hear that those hooks are meaningless.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Trying out the Abbey of Crime.

Why are tank controls in an adventure game? Why does the orientation of the game keep flipping with each room you move past?!

The meta-game is solving the crime of the controls

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

honestly I would have been happier if shelob was just a big live action muppet and your character was also rendered as a muppet

*Talion, descending into Shelob's lair* "Shawty, I don't... mind"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Rookersh posted:

]

I DON'T EVEN LIKE LOTR LORE AND THAT'S OFFENSIVELY BAD.

:holymoley:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

spasticColon posted:

Okay four questions regarding The Witcher 3:

1) It's now on sale for $20 so is that worth it?

2) How difficult is the game? If it's like Dark Souls then gently caress it I'm not touching it with a 10-foot pole. Games should be fun and rewarding not lessons in masochism.

3) I haven't played the first two Witcher games so would I be missing out on much story-wise?

4) The minimum CPU requirement is a Intel Core i5-2500K which is the CPU I have albeit overclocked to 4.2GHz but it's paired with a GTX1070 so how bottlenecked am I going to be by my CPU?

Yes it was worth it at $60, not very, there are in-game recaps, i5-2500k is still top of the line because Intel are fuckers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Tyranny has been on my wishlist for so long that $18 is enough of a cut to get me onboard. I'm only a few hours in at this point but I'm already fully committed to this world and story. Game's real good!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Wolf Among Us is so drat good but could have been so much better.

https://m.imgur.com/I9hvanK

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

owl_pellet posted:

In addition to Bloodborne, Horizon, and the various Yakuzas which were already mentioned, I've been keeping a list of PS4 games to buy or watch for in case I ever feel the need to branch out to consoles again:

The Last of Us 1/2
Until Dawn
Everybody's Golf
Death Stranding
Days Gone
God of War
Shadow of the Colossus
Fist of the North Star
Ghost of Tsushima
Deep Down (is this vaporware by now?)

Until Dawn is so fuckin good. I had a conversation about it with a co-worker this morning when he mentioned getting a PS4 for his kid's birthday.

Have you played Killing Floor 2 for PS4?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

McSpanky posted:

This sounds fuckin' magical

The most important advice I got before I started Dragons Dogma was to only recruit pawns at or around my level. At some point I grabbed a pawn from someone on my friend's list that had just beat NG+ and they were level 137 or something insane, and what the game does to compensate this is scale enemy health and armor to some ratio of your highest party level or something... I don't recall exactly, but my player was doing 1 damage a hit until I returned that Pawn.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 21, 2017

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Danakir posted:

Is West of Loathing still funny if you've never played Kingdom of Loathing?

Yes, West of Loathing is self-contained story that isn't built on top of KoL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I bought XCOM2 War of the Chosen and man I am in some deep poo poo *eyes grad school syllabi with concern*