Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

From what I read the last dungeon in Dungeonmans was made a lot shorter more recently. I finished it last week and it wasn't bad at all, and once you finish the boss in one of the four sections that progress is saved, so you don't have to start it over completely if you die.

I also really liked Bionic Dues but it's been so long since I played it that I wouldn't be able to say why. I like Arcen stuff in general though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I tried Immortal Defense yesterday for the first time, and it starts fun, but I'm stuck on the first endless level. I played the first campaign on 50% challenge without much trouble and have about 34k cache to start the endless level, but I can only last about two minutes, which leaves me with not enough to survive the first level of the second campaign. I tried turning the challenge down to 0%, but I still only make it two minutes in, so I'm not sure that slider even makes a difference on the endless levels.

Am I just supposed to have way more cache going into the level? All I can find about this is that people found the endless levels extremely easy so the dev rebalanced them a bit, so I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Pigbuster posted:

Are you building all of your towers right around the entrance? If I remember right that game has a limit on spawning enemies so when you kill every one as fast as possible it spawns other enemies faster, and enemies get stronger with every spawn. I forget if that mechanic doesn't apply to endless mode, though.
That must have been it, thanks. I moved my stuff to about the halfway point instead of the beginning and got up over 7 minutes, which at least lets me build a couple things in the second campaign.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Evil Mastermind posted:

Fire Pro Wrestling World seems to have left Early Access; anyone given it a shot yet?
I'd also like to hear impressions of this. Are there ways to modify the rules in matches? If I could do boxing or kickboxing matches on top of MMA and pro wrestling, that would be great.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The Kins posted:

These are the match types:
Normal Match (Japan-style pro-wrestling)
Cage Deathmatch (Ring is surrounded by a steel cage)
Barbed Wire Deathmatch (Ring is enclosed in "electrified" barbed wire)
Landmine Deathmatch ("Landmines" surround the outside of the ring)
SWA Rules (Mix of MMA and pro-wrestling, ala Pancrase)
Gruesome Fighting (MMA in a 12-sided cage)
S-1 Rules (Strikes only, no grappling, ala K-1)

Here's the match customization settings (not everything is available in every match type):

Not pictured since they're in the general character select etc.: You can also choose a referee, arena and ring apron.

So yeah, you can do boxing/kickboxing, but you might want to make or download characters with an emphasis on one or the other.
Thanks a bunch. I didn't see the S-1 mode when I was looking online, but that's perfect.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare is $11 US on chrono.gg today. "Mount & Blade with guns" sounds promising, but it's also early access. Has anyone played it?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Anyone have any tips going into Expeditions: Conquistador? I gave it a try a long while back but didn't get very far.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

A very fun game. Do you remember why you didn't get far? Best general advice I can think of for the early game is just to load up on soldiers and doctors (edit: for combat I mean; basically you want more than one "combat group" in case events or wounds take someone out of commission), then explore everywhere you can. Don't bother bringing scholars into battle, but you do want some for their stat bonuses and camp abilities.
I think I got hung up on character creation and party composition and then some battles didn't go my way. I found the old thread and a "what should I know" post to read, and although I still am not incredibly sure about my stat picks (I went with mostly leadership, then tactics and I think survival), I did assemble a party without conflicting personalities this time, so that should help.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Shogi is good. Hard, but good.

I really like mahjong too though.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I didn't play much of Dungeons 1 before giving up on it, but aren't 2 and 3 supposed to be a lot better?

I just finished War for the Overworld (just the base campaign) and had a good time with it, but not so much that I'm that interested in getting the DLC for it.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

shs posted:

I had some Steam keys that I sent to journalists/youbtubers. Some of them got used, but there are some others that I'm pretty sure will not ever be touched by anyone. Perhaps someone here will get some more use from them.
I took #7 and will give it a shot this week. Thanks!

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I finished Mankind Divided and the DLC stories in 23 hours, for an additional point of reference. Howlongtobeat lists 15 hours for the main campaign.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I didn't have Hitman or Hollow Knight so everything else for the month was just extra for me, but I've already got MGS and if this is the level of hidden games they've got right now I'm definitely going with only paying for months where the early unlocks are worth it.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Too Shy Guy posted:

I don't think this is going to be news to anyone here, but one of my Patreon supporters requested I review Hexcells and hoooooooo boy am I glad they did.
All three of the HexCells games are good, and cheap too. SquareCells is not quite as good, but it's still a lot of fun and also absurdly cheap.

Different developer, but there's also Patterna, which is similar, but costs more and the presentation isn't as clean and professional as the cells games. It gets much, much harder than the cells games too, which can be good or bad.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

There's a pick and mix on fanatical with mostly Neptunia games but also Hakuoki here: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/idea-factory-pick-and-mix

I'm thinking about grabbing the two Hakuoki games and maybe Moero Chronicle. I'm not interested in playing the main Neptunia RPGs but are any of the spinoffs worth getting? I was specifically looking at 4 Goddesses Online but if I really need that fake MMO feel I should probably just grab the .hack//GU games instead.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I actually have a bunch of dungeon crawlers and visual novels still to play, plus the steam sale is about to start, so maybe I'll just hold off for now. I've played a bit of Hakuoki (on PSP) and it seems pretty solid though, so that's a definite eventual purchase. Thanks~

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you required to have Skyrim installed?
No, you just need to own it. It's a separate installation in its own folder so it doesn't interfere with an existing Skyrim install.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I played a bunch of Deep Rock Galactic on the free weekend and I'm currently enjoying the free weekend of Vermintide 2, but are there other games like this?

I'm mainly looking for something that's co-op PvE, easy to drop in for a quick game or two. I really like how in DRG the different classes have support tools to help each other out, and that it's really noticeable when nobody is using a particular class. In Vermintide team composition doesn't seem to matter too much, at least early on, but I definitely prefer the loot and progression in it over DRG.

I've played L4D, Killing Floor, a bunch of Diablo-type games, and The Division, and I'm not interested in Division 2. I guess there's Warframe, but is there anything else that has a good player base? Otherwise I might just get VT2, or keep playing Monster Hunter.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I have GRID 2 already so here's a key for someone who doesn't want to click the button: 747LR-XRWHA-IDT50

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Fanatical has a bundle that is CA$6.65 and contains Distant Worlds: Universe, among other things: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/vengeance-bundle

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

If anyone in Canada is looking to split a Risk of Rain 2 two-pack, feel free to PM or add me on steam All gone.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 30, 2019

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

There's a Slitherine Pick-and-Mix Bundle at Fanatical with a lot of wargames I've never heard of (and also Panzer Corps which I have but haven't played). Any particularly good/bad games on that list?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Cleve Blakemore

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

From the Golden Era Games site:

quote:

Man, are we glad to get that off our hands. Finally, Grimoire has entered the mass market with the V2 version.

Only took 26 years to finish it off. There were a couple of optimistic estimates originally about the completion date.

We have so many games brewing at Golden Era but the next topic secret project (don’t breathe a word of this to anybody!) is the excellent looking action RPG we are working on called POST-ATOMIC which is coming along really quickly. The tools and development environment have come a long ways since we wrote the first text editors for Grimoire.
I don't know how old he is, but given the Grimoire dev time this maybe should be called POST-HUMOUS.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Sultan Tarquin posted:

In keeping with Microsoft quality I followed the guide to updating to 1903 from a few posts up. It downloaded & installed fine and I restarted. But then it showed a screen that said "undoing changes" and when I logged back in, it hadn't actually updated. I have to download and install the entire thing again.

Somehow I missed there part where I got the pretend update.
That happened to me too, so I ran the updater again and it skipped downloading and went straight to verifying, then installed fine.

One thing I did see was to unplug USB/SD storage devices before running it because that screws with the update somehow.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Orv posted:

They somehow managed to replicated the exact feel of a Gamebryo Fallout game in UE4 and it can only have been an on purpose decision because why on earth. This goes all the way down the design process for almost all of Outer Worlds - loot, world design, companions, skills (in broad strokes), combat feel - which then basically gets saved on having decent enough writing and is worth playing once through for that, but I don't think it's gonna become any kind of classic.
At least for me, they even replicated the part where the game becomes increasingly unstable the further I get in the game. It started off running perfectly but now sometimes the game will just crash when I change areas or open my inventory or do nothing.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Deformed Church posted:

Not really sure where else to ask this but I've been starting at this for over an hour and thought about every combination of clues I can find and mapped out lots of potential scenarios but I can't work out what the next logical step is to actually identify which one of those might be correct, can someone please give me a hint?

The question mark on the lower right is an artefact of the 1 mistake (turns out 3+1 is not in fact 5) so it's forbidden knowledge I shouldn't really have, but at this point I'd take it.
With the blue 5 in the bottom centre there are only 6 hexes that are in range, and some combinations that definitely won't work because of the nearby grey 2 hexes.

Edit: It's been a while since I played and I got the rules backwards. You can knock out a couple options because of the 1 column/row/diagonal that you already found on the left.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Deformed Church posted:

The only controls I can see around the blue 5 is that there's got to be one blue and one blank next to the left hand 2, there's got to be at least one blue from the 5 diagonal from the top left, and there has to be at least one blank in the 4 diagonal from the right. Is there anything there I'm missing (I don't think I can determine anything about the right hand grey 2 there)? I can't work out how to assemble those three clues into anything definite.

I've really loved the Hexcells games (I've basically done nothing else this week) but this one puzzle has totally brick walled me and I can't tell if I've hit my difficulty limit or if I'm just being a loving idiot. It's a good feeling.
Sorry, I should have crossed out or removed that first part in my edit. The only thing you really need to keep going is that you marked this 1 as completed but you left a couple hexes unsolved in that line: