Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

SadisTech posted:

Keys for:

NBA2K17
Pillars of Eternity
One Piece: Burning Blood

PM me

no dickpix pls unless you really want to send one

i have no pms but ill take pillars.

my steam id is

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dragonashes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

She Bangs the Drums posted:

i have no pms but ill take pillars.

my steam id is

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dragonashes/

thanks sadis TEch

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

what are the best open world games?

Saints Row 3 and 4 are pretty loving awesome.
Red Dead Redemption if you have a PS3.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

monster on a stick posted:

You forgot Sleeping Dogs.

I did! Slam a dude on swordfish heads all day everyday

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I've never played any from that series, which of those two would be the best?

Damnit I've alwayssss wanted to play RDR but I don't have a ps3 :/ It looks so amazing. A western open world game? drat son

start with 3 then if you like it go to 4

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Nevvy Z posted:

Does Rez infinite have an attachment for MY GIRLFRIEND?

https://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/rezs-trance-vibrator-not-sexual/

waiting for a some hacks to get this thing working on the pc

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
the ultimate troll would be a Half-Life themed card game... Valve dropped the ball on that one

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

I don't give a poo poo if Valve makes HL3. I mean, I wish they would I guess, but there's so much scar tissue over that wound by now that I feel pretty apathetic about it by this point.

Really I just wish they'd do SOMETHING. They just exist to make money these days. Every single decision they make feels like the end result of a white-board full of dollar signs. And they're not even publicly traded, so they aren't beholden to stock-holders either. It's just sad seeing a company that used to thrive on creating things and pushing boundaries fall back to the safest possible strategies.

most companies exist to make money. what the gently caress are you talking about?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

The companies exist to make money but, in theory, the individual employees also want to be creatively fulfilled. Nintendo exists to make money too, but they're still open to taking risks with their new IPs.

Sorry if that concept is difficult to understand.

did you just say Nintendo takes risks with new IPs? Nintendo? Do you live on the same planet as the rest of us?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

SadisTech posted:

Humble Monthly dropped a Killing Floor 2 key on me

having looked at Killing Floor 2 I do not want Killing Floor 2

if you do want Killing Floor 2 link your account below or hit me up if I have already collected your soul TAKEN BY THE PIT

Killing Floor 2 is an amazing game. you sir are a fool.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I know I'm late to the party, but Steamworld Heist is a loving awesome fun game.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Doorknob Slobber posted:

lol milo is a loving nazi who deserves to be shot in the head for encouraging genocide and anyone who agrees with him probably at least deserves to have a finger or two chopped off

what ever actual gently caress. I dont like Milo but holy poo poo you are unstable

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

No no, he's right. The world got together a while back and it was decided that Nazis should die. It was pretty unanimous.

yeah but calling a gay jewish guy who prefers to suck black dicks a nazi is a bit of a stretch. Milo is an rear end in a top hat, but not a really a nazi. Unless the definition of a nazi has changed recently

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

PerilPastry posted:

Is Borderlands 2 worth it if you're a weirdo like me who prefers single-player?

Yes, It is a fun game. Just ignore the game plus modes, they don't scale well.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah Zero is the top Damage Dealer by far. You just got to play him right.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

DatonKallandor posted:

Nioh is fantastic and if the port is decent it's a must have for character action players. It's like Dark Souls with most of the jank removed.

Dark Souls has no jank. That is what makes it Dark Souls.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Olive! posted:

DS1 is one of my favorite games ever and hahahaha no

you and I have a very different definition of jank I think.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

Dark Souls and Two Worlds created the word jank.

spoken like a person who has never played STALKER.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

Unlikely, but I've seen the pre-day 1 patch values for stuff on a leaked stream and if they change in the final release I'll mention it in here.

So hey, let's talk about that for a second.

Monolith made an orc in Shadow of War who functions like the Mysterious Stranger perk in Fallout. He shows up every once and a while and saves you from death. This orc is based off Michael Forgey, a Monolith guy who died during the production of the game. They intended to release this as paid DLC, for $5. In most states but not all, and not outside the US because of charity laws, the purchase price (less Steam share) would go to the family. Cue internet freak out.

Now, what WB Games says, is that their intent was to give all profits from the sales to the family, regardless, and their communication on the matter was flawed. They've since made the DLC free to everyone forever, and have made a direct donation to the family instead. Obviously they could be lying about their intent to mollify things, but that's a bit cynical even for me.

E: They also refunded all purchases of the DLC.

get out of here with your calm explanations and lack of hyperbole, it aint wanted here ya nerd.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So I usually avoid indie games but I picked up Heat Signature and its loving awesome. Makes me wonder what other indie gems I've missed. I've already picked up Hotline Miami, what else should be on my radar?

Tale of Two Brothers
Steam World Heist
Neon Chrome
Stardew Valley
FTL
Invisible Inc (though all KLEI games are amazing)
Hotline:Miami
Full Bore
Legend of Grimrock
Hero of the Kingdom
Jazzpunk
Escape Goat

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
just chiming in to say that Doki Doki Literature Club sure is a thing and I highly recommend a play.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Max Wilco posted:

I had been thinking about picking up Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4, but I might grab it from this sale, since I've heard the PC version has a better framerate.

Steamworld Heist is also on sale, and I remember someone praising one of the Steamworld games a while ago here in the thread, however, I don't remember if it was that one of another one that came out recently (I'm not familiar with the Steamworld games, and I don't really know how they play).

I'm also tempted to give Haydee a try. Apart from, uh...certain assets of it, some of the reviews for it make it sound like it's not too bad (though it sounds like the game is difficult and has some weird quirks with the controls and saving system.)

Steamworld Heist is really really good. So is Steamworld Dig though they are completely different genres they just share a worldbuilding ascetic.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

ive never met a person that has actually finished a zachtronic game. I own 3 of them because they are basically god level puzzlers but I suck so bad at them.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Threep posted:

really dumb actual spoiler: sexy shelob's on your side because sexy sauron broke up with her

Well to be brutally honest Sauron was originally a giant cat in the Silmarillion so... It still doesn't make sense.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Black Griffon posted:

I completed Infinifactory and it's probably my proudest achievement in gaming, and I got pretty far in TIS-100, which is genuinely the most satisfying game I've ever played. I should get started on SpaceChem one of these days.

I got the first boss in Spacechem and got stuck.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Black Griffon posted:

So I finally picked up Stronghold Crusader HD after trying it like twelve years ago, anyone know what's up with Stronghold Crusader Extreme?

evidently it removes certain limits so you can have a million loving units. I heard it also breaks the game because of it.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Black Griffon posted:

But should I start with Crusader HD then? From what I understand from this thread and wikipedia, Extreme is both broken and very hard.

yes. That is the one you want to use. toss Extreme in your trash list.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
speaking of RTSes does anyone have anything good to say about Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds ?
Or Original War? I have both in my games list and both are peaking my interest.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Black Griffon posted:

Hey don't do this.

hey dont tone police.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Seventh Arrow posted:

Ok so I think I need some hints 'n' tips for Invisible Inc. It seems like the main challenge comes from the fact that you need to explore the map to find the objectives, on the one hand, juxtaposed against the fact that the more time you take the higher the alert state, on the other hand. In the map I played last night, by the time I found the executive terminal, I had two normal guards, an elite guard, and a murderbot out for my blood. I'm just using the standard starter guys, Internationale and Trench Coat Dude. I'm used to taking my time in stealth games, so how do I go about this? (other than reinstalling Thief 2)

get poo poo done quick sport. also you can be full alert and still do well. the starter guys let you do things from a distance so they make poo poo easy.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

my representative is ted cruz

Ted Cruz is a Senator not a representative. try harder

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

rep·re·sen·ta·tive
ˌreprəˈzen(t)ədiv
adjective
(of a legislative or deliberative assembly) consisting of people chosen to act and speak on behalf of a wider group.

dude dont argue. He is a Senator, not a Representative, which are two very different things. The fact you would argue this makes me cry.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe go cry in the mirror because you are sorely missing the point

the point is he doesnt understand basic government. piss off.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

this is not good.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Dyz posted:

Little late but does this count:

Dont worry there are keyboard shortcuts for *everything*

please system shock was light years ahead of anything else.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I get the feeling I am the only person in the world that liked Far Cry 2. Even the re-spawning check points.
I mean they were great, it meant you always had someone to blow up. Who complains about shooting poo poo in a Shooting video game?
Also fire effects ruled and I really liked the breakdown on the lovely weapons. It often motivated me to grab what ever was lying around so I ended up guns I probably would never had chosen myself. Plus all guns in the weapons cache were pristine so it motivated you to buy and upgrade them all.
The buddy system was cool.
The only thing I didn't like was the Malaria but it was only an issue like once or twice so it wasnt a big deal.
gently caress I'm going to re download it.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Too Shy Guy posted:

FarCry 2 is an all-time great for me, there were too many memorable moments for it not to be. I liked planning out journeys through the jungle, I liked hunting for diamonds, I liked scraping by with whatever guns I could grab, and I liked pitched battles that could explode into firestorms or narrow to tense games of cat-and-mouse. There are actual stories I can tell about things I did in FC2 nearly a decade ago, whereas all of FC3 just kinda blends together in my memory now.

Emergent game play. All the details people complain about, the breaking down on the guns, the spawning check points, the malaria, the route planning, etc. They really just kind of dropped you in the poo poo and you had to deal with it. That's why I loved it and It was perfect for the setting.

The buddy system was pretty great as a get out of dying card once or twice in case you hosed up too badly.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 4, 2018

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Hollenhammer posted:

Me, in Far Cry 2. Where every time I geared up for a job far away, I'd waste all my ammo and syrettes on these cunts and inevitably die when I was half way there, taking me all the way back to my last save. Which was just after I took the loving diamonds from the warlord. Half an hour ago.
Manual save? sure..... oh.... no. The game's locked up on the save screen. How ironic

You know if you didn't want to long travel you could have always taken the bus (the quick travel in the game)... It gets you with in spitting distance of your objective 90% of the time.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Deakul posted:

Congrats on being one of the few sane people around apparently, not understanding the sudden nostalgia goggles for FC2 which was objectively poo poo in just about every conceivable way.

The story was kind of cool in a Heart of Darkness kind of way I guess and the world was interesting but the gameplay was dog poo poo.

What is it like going through life just being so wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Peewi posted:

It doesn't seem like trading card games have received the same negative attention as loot boxes, despite being basically the same thing.

Trading Cards are not blocks to progression.
Loot boxes in these games are ltierally blocks to progression especially when compared to previous game (like FIFA) that didnt require loot boxes to enjoy it.