Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Well just found a few more.

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - D8Z*I-6659W-HQ5** *=M

Thanks for some delicious potatoes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

il_cornuto posted:

The steam event nudged me to finally try out Beholder, and it seems interesting but drat is it depressing. Maybe it's because I've spent time in poverty but when there's suddenly multiple very important things to pay for and you're struggling to afford any of them it really got to me. I might try and play some more but if it carries on being a darkly realistic poverty simulator I might have to move onto something more cheerful, like This War Of Mine.

If it's too economically rough you should switch over to the trainee mode. It's much more lenient with money in that mode (and you still achievements!) I played in trainee mode and enjoyed the game much more when I could focus on trying to survive being a cog of an oppressive regime rather than focusing all my time on theft and blackmailing so my family wouldn't starve.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm considering getting Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. I heard there's a patch coming up getting rid of the lootboxes and stuff, any idea when that will happen? Also are any of the DLCs worth getting?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Yiikes.

Back to dwarf chat, I don't think anyone mentioned Craft the World. It's like a lovechild between Terraria and Lemmings. Pretty chill and charming.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Here's some keys I don't need from that fanatical bundle

Re*el Galaxy CDL*6-J9JJ8-IGRE0

Grey Goo C0ARR-R0ZCJ-NNK3three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

MisterBibs posted:

Any thoughts on The Long Dark, currently on sale for 8bux? I'm generally a sucker for the genre, but a lot of reviews imply it's rather hard to get to a comfortable/stable state, which is a red flag for me.

It's good and it's refreshing to have a survival game where your biggest threats are the elements (and wolves, gently caress them). There are some harder maps where the only protection from cold is a pit you dig, but there are also easier maps with abandoned towns filled with supplies and houses for you to make a camp. I didn't find it too hard to find a suitable place to settle down until I had scavenged everything nearby and moved on to another location. All the resources are also technically infinite, it just becomes harder to find them eventually.

There's also a story mode without permadeath which eases you into the game.