Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

BexGu posted:

Is still link worth it on a wireless network?

It looks like a pricing error so if it doesn't work you'll probably be able to sell it for that price to somebody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Sininu posted:

Edit: And with crappy sales.

Dont the publishers and developers set the prices?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Somebody leaked a image of all the Yogscast 2017 HB games. It's pretty crap but if anybody wants to trade me a copy of GW2 Heroic Edition PM me or check the trading thread.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 6, 2017

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Amazon has a "sale" for digital goods. It's kind of funny how bad they've been since Tony got promoted. Amazon sales we hardly knew ya.

RIP

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Deakul posted:

Any Prime discount?

Don't see any but it's mostly mobile garbage anyway.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Too Shy Guy posted:

I need some suggestions for ARPGs on Steam to review. I'm planning a mini-series on them for April but I've already done most of the good ones I have. Here's my short list so far:

- Victor Vran
- Darkstone
- Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age

They don't all need to be Diablo-style ARPGs (Megamagic isn't) but I'd like to skew more towards good games than middling or bad ones. I need between one to two week's worth, so if there are any new ones you're curious about or old favorites you want me to cover, let's hear 'em. Otherwise I'm gonna have to resort to stuff like Torchlight and Space Hack.

Please review Blood Knights.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258220/Blood_Knights/

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

IIRC there was an issue with either the rights to or code for Shadow of Death just not being available, so they tried a quick cash-in on a cult classic.
Yeah, I was about to ask where the hell did the bottom sprites come from since the top was obviously classic HoMM3.

The claim was that there was only source code for the base game in the NWC archives. It's way better to get HoMM3 + expansions on GOG and just apply fan patches.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

marjorie posted:

Yeah, I haven't played any AC games, so I figured I'd start with a fun sailing one, then jump to origins. By that time, maybe it'll have deeper discount, too.

Play AssCreed 2 and Brotherhood instead. Black Flag is a bad AssCreed game but a ok pirate game.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Not a Steam game but Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire is on sale for $15. PoF includes the base game and mounts are fantastic.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-is-50-off/

e: now is a good time to jump in with Bless bombing and a large influx of new players

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 19, 2018

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

How is the community in this game? And how soloable is the content?

Pretty good community and PoF story can be played through solo. They learned from Heart of Thorns and the new expansion is fantastic for solo and small group play.

Youtubers review of PoF/GW2

https://youtu.be/Jjh9_iSaXxg

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Just bought rear end Creed: Black Flag plus all the DLC.

I hope it's as great as people say, I only played the first AC and none of the others.

AC 2 + Brotherhood are really fun and you should really try them.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

And yet,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/524640/Asura_Vengeance_Expansion/

As I understand it, this one hasn't sold well at all despite being a Diablolike with a neat aesthetic.

It looks like every other Diablo clone and the unique hook doesn't sound interesting to me. Diablo 3/PoF have had years of development post release so good luck breaking into the genre and competing against that.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

BexGu posted:

The best I can tell is that a bunch of Japanese dev created a Vanillaware fan game and it got thrown up on Steam with a translations and some bug fixes.

I think all the games released by that publisher are basically tech demos with big giant anime titties.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 15, 2018

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Nullkigan posted:

What's the default controller for PC use now that the 360 wired is hard to find? There doesn't seem to be a wired version of the newer generation controller and I recall that wireless controllers generally had issues.

I believe the newer versions of the Xbone controller have a bluetooth dongle.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Palpek posted:

This is some true Lord of the Flies poo poo. I've worked for and know all about the hell that are flat-hierarchy companies so I could only feel bad for some of those devs that got steamrolled at Valve and didn't even seem to understand the underlying mechanics of it all. Still some of the tactics described here are truly next-level.

No wonder they can't manage to release any games and the Steam store has turned into a pile of poo poo. :ms:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

I thought we’re allowed to call things retarded, just not people any more.

You just got put on a watch list for saying the r word.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

It's actually wb deciding their income from Lootboxes has plateaued so let's get some PR

I think they made the announcement around the time when a bunch of European nation's were looking into the whole lootbox = gambling thing and were debating putting in new laws for that.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Cyberpunk gameplay reveal is streaming on twitch right now if anyone cares.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Did they announce a release day? This reveal is already ~30 minutes of gameplay. Looks like it's ready to come out soon.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Are there any recommended FOV settings for Doom? Usually I play with default FOV but this game is making me nauseous. Turning off motion blur helped but I still feel like there is something slightly off.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Played a ton of Duel of Champions and that had chat. Most of the time nothing was ever said and very rarely did I get upset people but then again I like playing otk/control decks. Call me crazy but I enjoy people calling me poo poo or telling me to suck my mom's dick in competitive games. :shrug:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

mcbexx posted:

And from the sound of it, the other games will be linked to battle.net as well?

So Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Destiny, a free month of WoW and lol Hearthstone?
Oh, a couple of HotS boxes maybe.

I think they just hosed up the wording or didn't update everything. Pretty sure I saw it saying redeem Overwatch on Steam somewhere too.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
If it is anything like the original game it'll have people playing for a bit and then pretty much die a couple month later. I think if you try ladder in Battlerite right now you'll always get matched up against the same people.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire is $15 if you are interested in the game. Should be $30 if you pick the Heart of Thorns + Path of Fire bundle.

Use the code PGW50 at checkout.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Morter posted:

I bought GW2 a million years ago hoping for 'an MMO with decent combat'

I was wrong or at least was bored to tears by the opening couple of hours with a few classes.

Has that been fixed any?

To be honest they need to rework the base game it's pretty dated now. HoT and PoF are endgame expansions and expect you to be at max level. You get one free level 80 booster for each expansion you buy. Combat is fun but it can seem pretty shallow until you get a better understanding of it or do endgame. If you are interested in trying the game out I would recommend buying PoF and unlocking a elite specialization. Try a couple of open world builds from metabattle. Most vanilla game builds are pretty boring and underpowered. Oh, you don't need to finish the base game to start PoF.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kennel posted:

For me Black Flag was pretty disappointing after all the praise it got. The ship combat was fun for few hours but after that it felt like a grind, other open world activities weren't interesting and the story missions had a lot of boring walking & talking and/or stalking sections.

This ^. It felt like a bad Asscreed game and a mediocre Pirates!.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
They sell the data collected from your system while playing nowadays instead of direct ads. I am pretty sure there was some spyware thingy a couple of months back where a bunch of games got caught collecting data.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/csgo_dev/status/1070788193564291073

CSGO Battle Royale.

It's f2p now.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Deakul posted:

Weirdly low player count, you'd think it'd be 32+ players.

Probably because of balance, poo poo engine, server cost, and esport ambitions.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

dmboogie posted:

tbh it looks like it could be fun, especially for the price of free

It looks really fast paced with around ~10 minutes per match.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Bethesda thinks its the new Epic and they just made Rage 2 exclusive to their lovely launcher. I too cannot wait to give this company known for reliability my personal info and credit card details.

Did the first Rage do that well? Don't see that game being big enough to make it worth being exclusive to the Bethesda launcher.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Doom Eternal was already confirmed to be exclusive to it too.

I guess they plan on killing all the id franchises.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Someone is going to need to develop a launcher for all these launchers I’m going to have.

Discord does that I believe or at least I think you can launch games from different storefronts.

e: doesn't tencent own both epic and discord? might be a feature that they could integrate in the epic store then

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
E: nevermind

Aww, should have kept it up.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

AfricanBootyShine posted:

before anyone bites, remember this is blatdorff, of the trump toxx clause

Still makes me laugh that one guy had a meltdown over it and got banned.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Mycroft Holmes posted:

why the gently caress is alien isolation still $40, even without the expansion pass?

Gotta jack up or keep the price high so that you can claim 90% off for the upcoming sales.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Too bad they're dogshit at being a storefront. But I guess that's what I have this thread for :v:

The Origin website doesn't have a shopping cart in the year 2018.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Really Pants posted:

imho 2019 should have a general PC gaming thread and not just a Steam thread

Last post in the PC thread was two years ago :shrug:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

Oh look they just lost a shitload of full price sales and gained a shitload of 50%/75% off sales when it comes to steam in 12 months after exclusivity runs out. That crappier version of the straight up bribe ("revenue guarantee") is sure going to make up for all those lost full price sales.

Like they care about that money when Epic is probably overpaying them handsomely with all that Fortnite or Tencent money.

e: not to mention that they still get all that juicy console dough

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Nobody wants to miss out on selling something like the next Minecraft. EGS is gonna fill with shovelware soon enough.