Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

This might be the right place to ask:

Feeling like a Diablo-type game and looking at Path of Exile. Is it bad about free to play traps, or is it a good game without getting nickel and dimed to death, and also, can you have a good time playing alone or do you need a party going to enjoy it?

The only microtransactions are stash tabs and cosmetics. Very playable with no money spent. However next week the game is getting a MASSIVE overhaul so you should probably hold off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Orv posted:

Depending on the compression it might be a smaller download to redownload the game from scratch, I forget exactly how it shook out after that giant patch.

It's definitely not. I reinstalled it when that patch came out and it was still around 60 GB to download. Doom is a very large game.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Morter posted:

Hello hi

i played No Man's Sky for a few hours and it's not bad but playing on "Normal" mode, having
  • To constantly harvest iron, isotopes, and plutonium
  • Dealing with the dumb inventory+crafting system
  • Realizing that I apparently have to learn a new language, seemingly one word at a time, just to sell and buy basic poo poo???

Makes me hard to pull up this game again in a casual 'just going to chill and explore' kind of mood.

If you're seriously going to try playing No Man's Sky I highly recommend getting a Cheat Engine table that lets you disable the most egregious time wasters. Having to refuel constantly is some BS.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

il_cornuto posted:

Speaking of ARPGs, I'm enjoying Grim Dawn but is it normal to keep the same weapons for half the game? I got some insect blade things ages ago and they've easily outclassed everything else, unless I'm reading the stats wrong somehow. My equipment in general isn't changing that much. Still fun though.

That was my experience in Grim Dawn. There's certain monsters that spawn with and drop unique loot they call "monster infrequents" and a good roll on one of those would last a long long time.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

MGSV is an amazing game that unfortunately just stops before the ending.
I'll maintain that I really enjoyed it and I didn't have an issue with the plot not being weird; the big boss stuff was always more "serious" in tone than snake's adventures.

I love MGSV but calling Big Boss' adventures fighting guys with bee superpowers and Vocaloid robots more serious than Solid Snake's games is a huge stretch. Unless we're talking about Twin Snakes maybe.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

Isn't somebody doing a System Shock 2 Remake?

They're doing a System Shock 1 Remake.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Xaris posted:

I think mentioned already, MS injected some cash their way and told them to add levels for better ~sales~. I think that's going to bite them in the rear end. It's generally concerning though when art is the first part and gameplay is added as an afterthought, i.e. look at Banner Saga

I hope not but you're probably right. GS's problem was that it was like 80% too long, and cupheads added levels may be super boring. boss fights might still be cool

They may have gotten some MS money but they also quit their jobs and remortgaged their homes. They're going to be victims of their own hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

Wow, Tumbleseed must've crashed and burned. I think it launched this year, hit the market, and fizzled.

It got slammed by reviews and streamers as being too hard and that was that.

https://twitter.com/aeiowu/status/915436229197467648