Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Kanfy posted:

We have a fresh start so let's all be smart & cool & friendly & enjoy video games together.

Or, we can all post our game categories for 5 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Yeah, well if your really autistic like me you also categorize your Steam's Friend List.

Like not separating IRL / Tier 1 Goons / Tier 2 Goons / Neckbeard Goons / Anime Goons / and Literal Who People. :aslol: :smugbert: :aslol:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So hows Killing Floor 2, worth getting if I didn't find KF1 all that great? Are they going to milk it with future DLC?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

strategery posted:

Humble Monthly is pretty good as usual:

KIlling Floor 2
Eterium
HackyZack
Stories Untold
Worms W.M.D
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Banner Saga 2

October: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Looks pretty lackluster honestly, I skipped out on this one because Killing Floor just ain't my jam, and now looking at the reveals, only Banner Saga and Momodora were on my wishlist and while they look fun, they aren't one of the "huge" titles I've been waiting decades for to hit Humble low prices.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah the only game there I would've wanted is Momodora and maybe Worms lol

Has a Worms game ever topped Worms Armageddon yet? Like whats the point of that series anymore.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Palpek posted:

That's a way worse one than the previous ones.

It's definitely up there as one of the bad ones, like I recall Call of Duty multiplayer one, and there was that WWE wrestling game one, and with a MSRP of $126 where as other months can hit $200+.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Sininu posted:

Here we go again, just ask for these:

Eterium
HackyZack
Stories Untold
Worms W.M.D
Banner Saga 2

Even though I really liked old Worms games I don't think I'm going to play new ones much at all, don't even have anyone to play them with.

I'd take Banner Saga 2 if you don't mind, I feel like I should play it having played the first one.

Thanks so much for the Banner Saga 2!

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 1, 2017

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Humble is giving away Outlast Deluxe Edition for free, pretty nice of them.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outlast-deluxe

Anyone got a spare DLC code for my Bother :p

Beaten

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Looks like the humble store is back up.

Check your PMs.

Thanks a lot, I hear the DLC is great and I hope it gives my 14yo brother night terrors, I'll credit them to you too if/when he gets them.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I don't think Resident Evil Gold has ever been bundled, or even below 50% off, it's also fantastic.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Could Valve make those nomination categories anymore obtuse? Instead of overthinking here I think I'm just going to just alternate between Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Dragon's Dogma, maybe throw in a Caves of Qud for good measure too.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Looks like there are two really good deals happening over on the Namco Bandai store, Dark Souls III Deluxe and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Deluxe going for 70% off and 72% off respectively .

I'd jump on Dark Souls III if you have any interest in the game, you probably won't find a better deal for awhile, maybe eventually a Humble Monthly but that would assumably be the base game only, you'd have to later shell out for the DLC separately which always screws the early adopters in price, this is the "complete" package.

Then there's Dragon Ball Xeno 2, I dunno about that one, the first one was one hell of a grind and put me off from trying this one.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/316530/dark-souls-iii-deluxe-edition

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/425956/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-deluxe-edition-steam-key

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Anyone got any opinions on Chronicon? It's on sale currently over at Chrono.gg for $5, seems like a well received singleplayer Diablo clone from what I can see.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Deakul posted:

Daaaayum, that's a pretty solid early unlock line up... save for maybe DoW3 which I've heard nothing but bad things about.

What are some of the bad things you hear? I dislike RTS games in general because I'm bad at the gameplay, and micro/macro stuff just isn't fun, but I find WarHammer lore cool as heck, and I'm thinking of getting this bundles for WarHammers "story" .

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Thoren posted:

So is Quantum Break essentially unplayable unless I have 20mb/s internet? :psyduck:

What's this about?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

MMF Freeway posted:

The game streams 4k video during certain portions.

WTF, that is some next level DRM right there.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So this is kinda funny, for those playing the new Final Fantasy XII, you can use Windows 10 native feature (right click folder > properties > advance > compress contents...) to compress the thing for ~95% of its original size with virtually no noticeable downside (probably a tiny tiny CPU hit, but you won't notice it). Source.

Wonder how long until Steam starts doing this natively, it only took them like 5+ years to be able to move game install locations, when before we had to use things like SteamMover to move them or just make symlinks.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Hows Torment: Tides of Numenera? It has mixed reviews, is it worth jumping to the $15 tier for it?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So this has been plaguing me for a while now, but for all I know this is normal behavior. Once a day I log into Steam and when I do, it downloads (secretly) a bunch of these "bucket_XXXXXX.zip" files into a steam_shader_cache folder in one of my game install locations "Steam\steamapps\common\GameXYZ" etc. I say secretly because the client doesn't say or show anything that something is downloading, normally I wouldn't care but it does this Every. Single. Time. for ~30 odd games that are installed out of my ~80 or so installed games, for fun I was monitoring what it does and it downloads about 25MB's at every startup, same "bucket" crap, I know there is a "Shader Cache" option in the Settings panel, but checked or not, same thing happen, doesn't seem to make any difference.

Do I have a buggy install? Steam jank? Do others here get this behavior? If you can check your "Steam\steamapps" or "Steam\steamapps\common" location and sort by "Date modified" chances are there will be bunch of game folders or "appmanifest_XXXXXX.acf" files with more recent dates like from today or yesterday or whenever you last logged in, and you will probably not recall there being a proper patch for them from those dates.

Also Steam like to create new firewall rules for these games in Windows Advance Firewall, so that's another way to check if you use that. Thanks Steam I like single player games with no internet connection whatsoever getting firewall rules... :arghfist:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
How is Monster Hunter World compared to say the original PSP version, I played a little of that waaaay back in the day and remember hating it, also more recently I played God Eater knowing that it was a Monster Hunter clone and holy poo poo is that a loving terrible boring rear end game. I'm afraid Monster Hunter just isn't my jam, even though I loving love Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, etc. Also is the best price for MHW right now that 20% at BundleStar/whatevertheirnewnameis?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Did Steam recently change something about the Age Verification page that pops up and asks you your age? I wouldn't know because I've always used this simple Greasemonkey script that skipped it, but now it seems broke.

Does anyone know of a working one, or know how to fix the above one?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Hmm @ the current monthly, I only want Hollow Knight from those games, and apparently I already have Hitman... so getting it is like getting Hollow Knight for full price, awkward.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Griefor posted:

You're still getting some mystery games with it. And those keys, you can gift them to someone. At the very least that makes it a better buy than just buying Hollow Knight full price.

Edit: Also, are you sure you have the whole Hitman? They gave away 1/2 levels for free so if you don't remember buying it you might have gotten it from that, and those free levels are not the full game. The full game includes all 6 episodes.

Yeah but I'm not really saving money here by buying junk (7 Days to Die)/unknown games, and I dunno if I own Hitman... but it's green on my Steam page.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Accordion Man posted:

Check the DLC and see if you have all the episodes.

Guess I just got Episode 1 & 2.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

SelenicMartian posted:

Steam lets me sell cards without mobile confirmations. Have they given up on those?

Steam relaxed that stuff at the start of October, probably because of Artifact and its market, basically if you're selling junk cards for pennies then they don't care, unless you're selling high quantities of junk that make things looks suspicious, like 300... or if the thing your selling is over 1$, then they care.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/community_market/announcements/detail/1705067494681435160

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Finally it payed off not buying last months just for Hollow Knight!

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Doom Goon posted:

-steamos or -nobrowser is used now. Make sure you check it's not disabling anything you need though (screenshots, etc.).

Or...

:frogc00l: Galaxy Brain :frogc00l:

code:
-noverifyflies -nobootstrapperupdate -skipinitialbootstrap -norepairfiles -no-browser -overridepackageurl "127.0.0.1"
and turn Steam into an actual game launcher and not some lovely multi process RAM eating HD thrashing thing that it is.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 11, 2018

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
New Humble monthly;

Just Cause 3 XXL
Project Cars 2
Wizard of Legend

Last months unlocks;

Metal Gear Solid: The Definitive Experience
Cities Skylines [with the DLC]
Megaman: Legacy Collection
Zombie Army Trilogy
Immortal Redneck
Purrfect Date
Seven: The Days Long Gone

---

GDI paused and miss out on Megaman & Redneck.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So not much time left, is the Humble Monthly February Bundle worth it?

EDF looks pretty jank and not feeling the humor, Vermintide 2 looks like yet another Killing Floor/L4D cone you need friends to play with to enjoy, also multiplayer is probably dead at this point, Cultist Simulator I don't even know what this is...

And there is a rumor these are the leaks for this months bundle;

Slipstream
Fight N Rage
Paradigm
Late Shift
Tower Unite

Of the rumors only Slipstream and Fight N Rage are something I'd probably play, but outside of the aesthetics Slipstream looks kind of simple.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I'll give you my copy of EDF as I already have it. if thats the one you are hoping for at least.

EDIT: clearly can't read today, but it's still up for grabs if anyone wants it.

I'd certainly take it if you're willing, would make passing on this bundle easier since I'm not feeling it overall, and EDF seems like the best out of the bunch, it's hard to gauge how it plays from youtube videos.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Thanks a ton ScentOfAnOtaku!

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Givin posted:

Does KENSHI ever go on sale? Isthereanydeal didn't show me anything except for a long time ago. I'm looking for a slow game that kicks me in the balls.

20% off at Fanatical, not much but you can't really put a price on getting your balls kicked.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Crabtree posted:

Got a voucher from Green Man for one day only 63% off Dragon Quest 11 if anyone wants it.
Is that the same code as FD2019 when used at checkout? I'm considering getting it but I have so much on my plate right now...

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
:siren: Humble Tangledeep for a dollar Bundle:siren:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-indie-bundle-20

Good rear end bundle right here.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Kanfy posted:

Tangledeep was a goon game right, bit surprising to see it in $1 tier already a year after release.

Well they have a new expansion announced for it, to push their new DLC they probably want as many people to get the base game first.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Their privacy policy says one of the reasons they collect user data is for "internal analytics". How common is it for applications to check for other running applications (or sniffing another applications files to see when it was last used), and then send the information home? I'm guessing Origin or Steam would be able to detect that another launcher is also and send that information back home, for instance, I'm just wondering if they are and how standard the practice is? Does google know how often I use firefox? Is this they type of information that would usually be included with "anonymous usage statistics"?

Hate to break this news to you but they all do it, all these "game" clients, Steam, Battle.net, Origin, etc. look at your computers files, installed programs, running processes, scanning the DNS cache for domains, etc. this is nothing new. Hell I remember downloading EA's Origin and it randomly started downloading and installing Dragon Age: Origin without any consent from me, reason because, it was already installed under Steam... like things were snooping back in 2011. Snooping a friends list and a recent played games is weird for sure, but this is 2019, Google Chrome snoops, Windows 10 snoops, even the loving basic calculator was found collecting telemetry data after it was made open source, seems hyperbolic to flip out on Epic for doing it.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

That's just chromium being chromium.

KazigluBey posted:

And someone also responded to the post you're quoting to point out that when Steam wants to grab systems info from you it always asks you to opt in, rather than just doing it without question and also scrapping data not tied to whatever the stated data they are gathering is. Unlike Epic.

Valve gets this from you regardless. I doubt you can even run and maintain a client with millions of users without constant hardware/software polling of user data, they only ask you if they can publish your statistics publicly in some survey.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 15, 2019

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
EDIT: Seems I got this all sorted out.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 30, 2019

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So is there some easy, low effort way to game this mini-game like with SAM or something? It wants me to play Stardew Valley and some other Free2Play garbage, ain't got time for this, I looked up Stardew Valley in SAM but what Valve asks of me to do (Catch a fish) are not regular achievements that SAM shows. What do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I got about 100000 points for using SAM. This can't be for the racing thing.

What'd you do?

Cojawfee posted:

I think the games were updated specifically to detect these things for the sale.

I think that's way to much effort for Valve to do, there wasn't even a Forbes article or EU law involved.

EDIT: Ah, so this is why we can't have nice things. Oh well, thanks for the bazillion points Valve.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 26, 2019