Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
If anyone has a spare copy of Nongunz, I'd love to take it from ya/trade for Guns of Icarus maybe? I'd love to give it a spin and maybe artfully steal some things for the game I'm working on. :eyes emoji:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Scorn is legit disturbing. I want to play it.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Whoa, what happened to Steam's design department? That is some cringey event artwork/type. :(

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Seventh Arrow posted:

The composer of DOOM's soundtrack has some really interesting stories about how it all came about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4FNBMZsqrY

Not Emptyquoting. If you've ever once plugged a guitar into a pedal or messed with a DAW, do watch all of this. He does some nifty things.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
If anyone has Xenonauts and wants to trade it for some other Humble fodder, let me know!

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Orv posted:

ork pokemon

orkémon. it was right there.

I don't recall hearing much about Dying Light, but it's a barrel of fun. Maybe I'm just happy the 280X is kickin' out a steady framerate, but it's visceral and tense. Gazi's sidequest made me :ohdear:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Is there a thread for Supreme Annihilation-alike Zero-K? I’m poo poo at RTS as a rule but this one being free on Steam and doing interesting pathing/movement stuff got me interested.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

DatonKallandor posted:

It's free and great. In many ways they've taken the TA/SupCom UI and refined it even more. Units auto-micro themselves if you want them to, the old-school RTS retreat at x% health options are back, there's a campaign with loot and levels for your commander (which you can even play coop). And unlike TA or PA, the units are actually interesting like in SupCom.

Yeah this is rad. Getting my rear end handed to me early in the campaign on normal. AI/pathing feels like playing against a human (though I’m pretty sure it’s able to see my weak points). I feel like some terrain textures are too high contrast, making cloaking dudes hard to see. Overall just really impressive for a free game.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lXPeNR3eo

\/ it needs to be this Hover. :c

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 15, 2018

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Don't be a bonehead like me and buy Rainbow Six Siege last week for full price — free weekend and 50% off starting Thursday. I have broken the First Law of Steam. :smith:

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 16, 2018

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

EightDeer posted:

I'm interested in an FPS roguelike. I've got four choices here: Ziggurat, Tower of Guns, Heavy Bullets, and Paranautical Activity. Which one is the best?

I have an itch for this, too. Looked at Immortal Redneck but it's too cartoony, Strafe apparently is pretty shallow, Wrack seems close but mostly wack...I got desperate and even tried Hellbound: Survival Mode.

I've loaded up Oblige for gzDoom but haven't jumped in yet.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Mordja posted:

Overload.

This, especially after trying Sublevel Zero, which feels like a stepping stone to Overload.

Metroidvania chat: Do play Environmental Station Alpha, it's incredible. Also didn't see Magicians & Looters mentioned, likely because it's a little flawed, but still totally worth the $1 or whatever it is for a usually funny magic-y take on the genre.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Zetsubou-san posted:

I played some games I bought.

BYTEPATH - $0.99 (-50%) - an arcade shooter with Path of Exile's upgrade tree

This is super wild. Thanks for pointing it out!

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Dune fps when

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Starcrawlers has been a good time since launch, but the most recent (6/28) patch adds some nice new things like a hotwire minigame, a sort of character-specific sub-map battle thing. Overall it's a super charming and challenging scifi take on the Wizardry/Might & Magic first person dungeon crawl model. Should've brought this up during the sale, but it's worth 20 credits if you dig the genre.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

GrandpaPants posted:

(Pre hacking patch) Starcrawlers is a game that sorta runs out of gas somewhere between 50-75% of the way in. It's a pretty fun, albeit repetitive, game up until that point, but once you max out an ability tree, the rest of the game feels pretty much the same.

Oh. Welp. :(

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Kragger99 posted:

Hey gang, I kickstarted the new Bard's Tale game, and got my Beta access key yesterday. Going to stream it for a bit in case anyone wanted to see it (yes they game permission to stream as long as I advise it's Beta).
I'll try to watch the chat to see if there's any questions/suggestions.
I might end up getting stuck on the character creation screen, as I don't know much about the game other than the first 3 were classics.

https://www.twitch.tv/kragger99

I'm a little disappointed it doesn't look just like the ~dope-rear end trailer~ but it's decent enough. Thanks for showing it off!

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I'm gonna be disappointed if nu-Commandos goes all standard Unity 3D Game LookTM like Shadow Tactics (otherwise an excellent game). I like sprites. :(

Also I want to dig Mothergunship but did Tower of Guns really need a spiritual successor? It was less flawed gem and more just flawed, and it looks like MGS follows the same patterns.

Pardon the salt, I just had my first negative experience with a rando in Warframe :(

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 18, 2018

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDvawzJ3s8

you could pick any song from this ost honestly

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I didn’t save manually. Stupid ACL surgery preventing me from sitting for very long.

:negative:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I haven't played enough to unlock potentially good weapons & junk, but Immortal Redneck is boring. :colbert:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Synthbuttrange posted:

Elminage Gothic is a very very old school and brutal J-Wizardry. Like I've seen you playing Operation Abyss. Imagine that without any of the QOL features that these games have gotten in the last few decades.

i made a thread for it ages ago! it’s definitely oldest-school wizardry, so beware, other forums poster.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
i’m all hot under the collar with the wiz chat and want to know — has anyone picked up das geisterschiff?

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

bamhand posted:

Also Tim Curry goes to space.

hate to be that guy but it’s forum policy to post this whenever you mention this —

https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
zero-k is a super decent and free supcom/TA-alike that i am terrible at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'm going through my nulled games to see if there's anything I should take another crack at now that I'm done with my backlog. Are any of these titles worth a second look? Some of these I don't think ever really got a fair shake.

A couple of special mentions: Divinity OS and KOTOR 2 had some technical issues that got them nulled, but I'm good trying to fix them if it's worth it. Rayman Legends I hit the point where I had to replay levels to unlock other levels and wasn't sure if it was worth it when I had other games to play, so same there.

Appreciate any suggestions or special call outs!

going to sing the praises of One Way Heroics. good-jank, simple enough to play casually, deep enough for chasing mastery.