Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

steem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

looking at buying Defense Grid 2 in the sale since I enjoyed the first one a lot, but I can't tell what the "special edition" includes anywhere on the store page... can anyone clue me in?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

The Steam Special Edition includes

- Digital Art Book - The Art of Defense Grid (73 pages)

- Digital Art Book - The Art of Defense Grid 2 (123 pages)

- Digital eBook - The Making of Defense Grid 2, the Complete Story by Russ Pitts (312 pages)

- Defense Grid 2: A Matter of Endurance - 27.5 minute audio play of an original story. Performance stars the English voice cast.

http://www.hiddenpath.com/game/defense-grid-2/

Thank you. I will probably skip the special edition then. For some reason I can't find any of that information posted anywhere on steam.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ulio posted:

Speaking of the rat/mouse game. Wasn't there a series of books/cartoon about medieval rats?

Yeah that's Redwall

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's very funny to compare valve's public image 10 years ago to today

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Azran posted:

Any opinions on Sonic Mania?

If you liked sonic 1 2 3 and knuckles, get it

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Zand posted:

what's the best game to jerk off to on the steam sale

Lego Indiana Jones 2

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

How's the steam link android app? Can I stream an adventure game to my phone and play it in bed?!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Probably though the mouse cursor feels finicky on my Pixel 1. I've used it to stream a VN (Fata Morgana: Requiem of Innocence) to my phone in bed and it worked fine except for trying to save or view the backlog because finicky mouse cursor on the phone touch screen. This was back when the app first came out, maybe it'll work better. You can also zoom in and out if need be.

Nice, I'm going to try it tonight

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Looking at buying Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Should I go for the Complete Bundle (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2405/The_Binding_of_Isaac_Rebirth_Complete_Bundle/) or just the main game? There's no additional discount for buying it all together.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Harminoff posted:

The expansion is nice for the mod that gives you item descriptions. Unless you enjoy trying to figure out what 1000 items do on your own...

Is it a thing where the expansions change the game automatically or is there a toggle like the original BoI had with its dlc?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What do people use to idle cards now? I've found ArchiSteamFarm which seems like a pain in the rear end to set up, and Idle Daddy on android which is asking me to give it my steam login info...

edit: this works for me - https://github.com/JonasNilson/idle_master_extended/releases

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 17, 2018

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

Bought and played like 5 hours of Unavowed, it's really good! Can't believe an indie game made on what I imagine is a pretty strict budget is this polished. Can't wait for the Bloodlines-like.

And it also works beautifully on my 4K screen which is something I definitely didn't expect of a game made in AGS but there you go, perfect text scaling and everything.

Wadjet Eye's entire catalog is worth checking out. I've been singing their praises to my friends for years.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone else having issues with using a wireless xbox one controller on a steam link recently?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

Anyone else having issues with using a wireless xbox one controller on a steam link recently?

if anyone comes across this and is having similar issues, opt out of steam beta

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

anyone else getting "Access Denied" while trying to go through your discovery queue?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

reading a discussion that conforms to linear time where the posts don't win points is so old fashioned

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't left 4 dead 3 confirmed like 5 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Majin posted:

Well aren’t you the Debbie Downer.

I mean... they're not wrong