Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
By preventing you from playing it through its own clumsy coding, Oblivion truly is the best TES game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Palpek posted:

Gearbox is probably working on a highly anticipated battle-royale multiplayer fps game.

Borderlands: King of the Vault

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Gambling isn't a microtransaction

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Posters who can't resist being banned or buying titles subsidizes the experience for the rest of us

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Stexils posted:

is there a word for someone who would learn polish just for video games? like weeb but for poland?

e: potaku?

Broni

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Synthbuttrange posted:

Please dont mock really dumb rules. Its trying its best :(

The new rule will be, "Do not ask "Is this law bad/is this law good" or any manner of that kind of ironic questioning any more"

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Really Pants posted:

you should "prey" that it will

You mean praey

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Olive! posted:

Yes 30fps is not ideal but complaining about it in a game that came out 11 years ago is pretty dumb.

Thank god they're complaining about it in a game that came out on Tuesday, then!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I'm just going to assume it's 50% because it's 0% "chance" the first purchase and 100% "chance" on the second. That's how percents work, right?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Colby Rasmus and Jeff Karstens have never been rendered so lovingly

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I always thought it looked like tongue depressors glued onto a human silhouette

Which is horrifying

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
You shouldn't buy games tagged Progressive because it's false advertising-- video games can't be progressive

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

StrixNebulosa posted:

Can you elaborate on this?

I can't actually because it was facetious

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

SelenicMartian posted:

The real question is the port quality.

So far I'm just in the tutorial, but there's no obvious video issues that I can see. 60FPS no hitches with a GTX 970 and an i7 6700K

Here, have some option screens

Also the default control scheme is O Confirm instead of X Confirm, but this is switchable in the options

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo that might be the best FF PC port SE has done yet, look at all those crazy video options! And yeah the kb+m support looks amazing. Whaaaaaa?

Hey New Concept Hole, here's the real kicker for me: if you use a gamepad does the loving mouse cursor go away??? (Looking at you EVERY SINGLE OTHER FF GAME ON STEAM)

There is no "mouse" cursor as far as a free moving cursor. WASD moves your cursor in menus, and scroll moves your cursor in the combat menu.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
E:^^ 1x 2x and 4x are all available at any time from the keyboard, and the controller can switch between normal and one of the two speeds with R1. The config option for speed dictates what speed R1 will switch you to when you press it.

DrNutt posted:

So the Windows mouse cursor doesn't stick around in front of the game screen unless you move it away like even in the most recent release FFX/X2 Remaster and all the 13 game series?

Okay i think I understand the question now: The game window hides the Windows cursor, and also locks your mouse to the game when the game is utilizing the mouse. You won't see the windows cursor if you're playing the game regardless what mode the screen is in(Full/Borderless/Windowed)

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 1, 2018

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Shadow Tower Abyss

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Everyone forgot

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Orv posted:

Because every few months this poo poo crops up with people frantically attempting to convince people to play a game with bad gameplay because it's on purpose and it says things.

But enough about Dark Souls :grin:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

corn in the bible posted:

nonsense look here is metal gear man

he is hero of cold war!

There are people interested in this game. p alarming to think about imo

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

corn in the bible posted:

I'm excited for Metal Gear Survive

Is Jack Orlando a playable character?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Finally, a true MGSV sequel

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Terminally Bored posted:

I have no idea what this is but it looks like EDF with even more mechs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDHMC5zgUM

Finally, Armored Core clones.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Light Gun Man posted:

Apparently Bullet Witch is coming to PC by the end of the month. Consider me excited, I like that janky rear end game and not having to boot up the 360 to play it sounds great.

I'm just glad we're finally getting a good Bayonetta game on Steam

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Dark Souls Battle Royale would also not have dedicated servers

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lol Valve

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Det_no posted:

That was how I learned they were milking it pretty hard.

Interesting choice of words

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

When it comes to futa, you should expect some hot takes

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Gort posted:

it's freaking me out that everyone in this picture is an amputee

You don't want to know what they keep beating instead of playing their backlog

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Orv posted:

Boy it would be hard to make an aesthetic I like less, sheesh.

What if everything was the same, but their legs were one pixel wide sticks

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

exquisite tea posted:

Everybody proclaims EA to be destroyer of franchises but it's pretty impressive how many popular western IPs Square has completely destroyed in the past 5 years.

Classic case of peak vs sustainability imo

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Mokinokaro posted:

The sakura games actually were being pulled apparently. The devs just didn't make a big stink about it.

There's so many that even the devs didn't catch on at first

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

DrNutt posted:

I have mixed feelings about MWC finally getting a wide release here (if that's indeed what's happening) because it's obviously beautiful but uh, here in 2018 I'm feeling a lot less patriotic and I'm not sure it's even possible in my imagination for a hypothetical fictional 47th President to be that awesome.

Have you forgotten your American soul?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So you're playing a member of the Yakuza in these games, and the story claims that you don't kill people (usually)? How does that work?

They're always ruled a suicide

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lightning Returns has a good Chocobo theme and that's all I know about it or any of the FFXIII games.

Therefore, it's the best.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

You mean Blast Corps

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Red Mundus posted:

I just noticed Hero-U came out of nowhere and I loved the Quest for Fire games! Let's check out the trailer....

:stare:

Gross

They're all hetero

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The scene where the game starts showing you the super-city with flying cars, with the council discussing things, while the bad guy manipulating the situation is in the middle of everything reminded me of ... Blade Runner

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Can't do a bad translation if you never translate it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Warframe is like a ranch house in the country: There's no moving on to a new house, you just have to add on whatever you want to the existing one.