Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Before I vomit up a bunch of :words:, is this the correct thread to ask for Steam Link advice and assistance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Veotax posted:

There is a Steam Hardware thread that would probably be better suited. It's not very active, but I don't think you'd wait that long for a response.

Thank you!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Too Shy Guy posted:

So hey, the Weeklong Deals are actually real good this week, probably the best concentration of good stuff I've seen in awhile.

Analogue and Hate Plus bundled together with their excellent soundtracks for four drat dollars is absurdly good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I trust the dev. :shobon:

It's fair if you don't. I hope I can whole-heartedly recommend this game to you when it's finished

Same. I loved CSD, I'm loving CSD2 (I actually think playing in all the different restaurants is neat, and there is so much flavor :dadjoke: text worth reading in the game), and I have every confidence he's just going to make it better. The dev isn't a fly-by-night guy; he poured a ton of work into CSD and I don't think he'd be comfortable resting on a half-assed sequel, especially since it's "neat little touches: the game".

Basically, I already really like the game I got, there's a ton more of it left for me to unlock and experience, and any extra modes, dishes, and quality of life improvements the dev puts out are just going to be bonuses.

Also, my custom restaurant has a framed photo of a grandmother dunking a basketball.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Xander77 posted:

You know what has a good loop of "serve food to customers, plan out your bonuses, improve your restaurant" gameplay?

The Delicious Emily series.

I love those games, too. But they scratch entirely different itches.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

That's excellent. I'm buying it just for the quality of those puns.

This game is extremely chill, and pretty slick for a dollar.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Games > Steam Thread 2017: Surprise, they're both racist.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Has anyone ITT played Helen's Mysterious Castle? I've heard good things about it, but the last thing I need is another RPG unless it's really something neat.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Toadsmash posted:

Just nothing works the way you'd expect it to. I noticed right away that Escape works to back out of some menus, but not others. I probably wasted a good 5 or 10 minutes figuring out the quirks of the restaurant customization GUI because there's no consistency between how the various elements function and it takes 3 or 4 times as many clicks as it should to switch between manipulating different things. Tooltips don't show up half the time, or are missing key information bits. There's a dearth of use of text in the menus in general in what was probably an attempt to be more clever/streamlined, but just ends up being confusing. The GUI for the last game wasn't great, either, TBH, but this feels like a big leap backward.

The core gameplay is as addictive as it ever was, but everything outside of it feels clunky and unfinished.

This is stuff you absolutely need to tell the dev; he's still working on the game and any little bits you find clunky, broken, or missing, I can't imagine he wouldn't want to fix.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Too Shy Guy posted:

Fran Bow is the daily for less than a fiver and is super good on both the point-and-click and horror fronts. It goes to some real weird places in the story but the art and writing are more than up to the task. I reviewed it last year if you need more convincing.

You sold me a copy of this last night, and I'm checking in to say I really like it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fran Bow is excellent.

I just hit Chapter 3. This game is upsetting and weird and beautiful and I have no idea why it's not a sensation.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

various people posted:

Renowned Explorers

I love this game, and I've spent a lot of time with it, but I feel like I've hit a plateau as far as getting good at it is concerned. No matter how well I think I'm doing, the higher-difficulty expeditions end up eating my lunch. I've only "won" the game once, out of many, many attempts.

It doesn't look like we have a thread for it, so I'll ask just sort of generally: any advice or experiences to share? Nothing is too obvious; I can be incredibly short-sighted sometimes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

some explorer I turned out to be :v:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Renowned Explorers:

those dumb rear end Mali villagers can oyenko right up their own fat asses

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Det_no posted:

Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts is unironically a good game. Probably the best balanced mixture of kinda serious hunting game mechanics and arcadey slow motion X-ray "I shot that bear's spine" flashiness. Sadly it does have that gamebreaking bug that will gently caress up your save near the end and prevent the game from running. You can fix it, but you'll have to hex edit your save and the bug will probably happen again anyway.

It's kind of bitter-sweet seeing it leave the store so cheap. Forever broken but still one of the best hunting games out there.

meanwhile Duck DynastyŽ is somehow still sittin' pretty on Steam at forty bucks American

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

im john-luke da nasty

as seen in Duckumajou Densetsu

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Epistory is worth way more than a dollar; if you haven't played it (assuming you like touch-typing games), you should.

And as stated above, it's visually sumptuous. Really, really nice.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I want this.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

sorry but i need it to help defend the cat town

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have an axe to grind with pretty much every demographic there is, so I only play Defcon and Plague, Inc.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

it sounds like The Division would have been better as a Sledge Hammer! game

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/745220/There_Is_A_Genie_In_My_Szechuan_Sauce/

jesus loving wept

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If anyone ITT plays Kitty Powers' Love Life anytime soon, I'd be eager to hear their thoughts on it. I really, really enjoyed Matchmaker a couple years back, and so I'm hoping this one is just as good or better.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:3:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i, too, am also too woke to be horney or see things as horney

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Any thoughts ITT on The Town of Light and/or Black Closet? They're on sale this week.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This gamebook routinely handed me my rear end when I was a kid and I never legitimately finished it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316140/Appointment_With_FEAR/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

play KRZ from the beginning every time a new episode is released

it's very, very good