Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Morter posted:

Is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided enough shooties, looties, and cyberpunk (mainly cyberpunk) that I'd enjoy a run through it for 16 bucks? I'm not at all a fan of the Deus Ex series (Not that I hate it, it just never snagged onto me), but I'm up for a fully featured game at that price, so whether it's 'not as good of a Deus Ex' game as its predecessor won't bother me

Gonna go ahead and say I thoroughly enjoyed sneaking and hacking and looting around in Kind Man Divided and that yes it's worth that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

First Ep owned imo. Then again I loved the first Batman they did and pretty much all the rest of their games so I'm a weirdo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Stink Terios posted:

So, how's Mega Man Legacy Collection 2?

It's those games, exactly as advertised.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fawf posted:

:siren: REZ INFINITE IS A THING YOU CAN BUY RIGHT NOW :siren:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/636450/Rez_Infinite/

I'm so mad I bought this on PS4

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So Dead Rising 4 is on a pretty good sale at the moment, and I'm tempted to grab it since I have all the other ones and it looks like it could be some good mindless fun. I actually like the idea of there being no timer. How does it run as a port?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Geomancing posted:

Fear Effect, Fear Effect... I vaguely remember that title back around 2000, why is that...

Oh yeah.

:eyepop:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Currently debating whether or not to pick up Quantum Break for sub $20. Any thoughts?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

TraderStav posted:

Was hoping for better than $40 for Wolfenstein and $15 for DOOM.

Yeah, Playstation Store currently has Wolf 2 for $30. In fact compared to PSN's Black Friday sale, this is a pretty wet fart.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

kazil posted:

GTA V beat Witcher 3 last year for "Game Within a Game" so that should tell you exactly how much you should invest in the steam awards

I just want that dirty steam badge

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

pentyne posted:

How is I Am Setsuna? I remember it getting a lot of attention when it came out for being a fully fleshed out classic style JRPG but that's not necessarily a good thing.

From all accounts it's incredibly bland.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

nachos posted:

Evil Within 1 is only $5 but is it worth the time to play through it before the sequel? Looks like both games are fairly lengthy at ~15 hours

Depends on how much you enjoy survival horror. Evil Within 1 is a really uneven and frustrating experience punctuated with good atmosphere and some tense bits. Evil Within 2 is a much more consistent and polished experience but with perhaps less of what made the first game unique. It's worth a fiver if you're curious, and the story of 2 won't make much sense without some cursory knowledge of the first game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

im the texture pop-in as the bullet gets closer

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Most people seem to poo-poo Inquisition but I thought it was a great time and a worthy successor to the first game. Just don't get bogged down in too many sidequests if you feel you're going to burn out on them.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Human Revolution was a good game. It always amazes me how violently people turn on games that were well received.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ulio posted:

Decided to play a short game today, ended up finishing Wolf Among Us in one sitting. Probably my favorite Telltale title thus far. Excited for that they are doing a season 2 for it. Also telltale's games are still so buggy. Had one bug where all the dialogue options would just go blank.

They really need a new engine, it's pretty embarrassing that they're still using their janky PS2 graphics thing all these years later while snapping up all these big deal properties to make games out of.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Jill gets a lockpick so she's easier, generally.

She also has more inventory space and gets assists from Barry in several situations. Jill is ideal for a first playthrough.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

The first one and the last one kinda sorta do but that is definitely not a reason to watch them. The only reason those films are worth watching is because they are so over the top cheesy and bad that it wraps back around to being funny instead of depressing.

It's funny but the batshit insanity of the movies kind of retroactively became faithful to the games as they too got more batshit insane.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

No, the games never reference the movies.

Except, y'know, RE4 borrowing the laser hallway scene wholesale, and Umbrella Chronicles utilizing Red Queen. The movies and games definitely bled into each other to a point.

That said, only the three CG movies they've released are canon with the games. The live action ones are a different universe from the games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, nope. Not going there. Don't want to know.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

We're also getting all the Mega Man X games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I took this. Thanks!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on PC Bayonetta because I know I'll never have the second game to accompany it. Might wait and see if we get a 1+2 collection on Switch or something.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

GreenNight posted:

Switch + PC is pro gaming.

true word life

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is it just me or is Wolfenstein 2 an absolute beast to run? I have to have everything on low or off and still experience severe framerate dips. I guess my 780 is starting to show its age but drat it's handled most other current releases just fine.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonna vouch for Prey after having been on the fence about it for a while. It's the good poo poo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Max Payne 3 is one of my favorite games of the last generation and I loved the first two, so poo poo I dunno

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In other Final Fantasy news, Square released a benchmark tool for FF 15 in case anyone wants to see what they're in for performance wise.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yume Nikki Dream Diary is out, and I'm very curious about it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Holy balls, the FF XV port is extremely well done, if the demo is any indication. I'm rolling mostly all high settings and getting 60 fps on my old rear end 780.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m gonna buy chrono trigger when I get home and you cannot stop me

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

DrNutt posted:

It's okay me too. I can't help it. And I just recently played through it on my SNES classic.

Like, I wanna support the series, and modders will fix whatever is wrong with it.

Mostly I just have a compulsive need to own games I like on Steam though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

what size modding community do you expect to spring up around a pc port of an ios port of a 25 year old game

The same one that fixed FF 6 on steam, probably

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

Also you can just buy it on wii virtual console before it stops taking currency in a month

I can’t resist the call of those sweet steam chievos

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Deakul posted:

Joke's on you, I preordered the Super Deluxe Edition and got sucked into the hype machine they had rolling.
:negative: It was a really enjoyable 30 hours until I started focusing on the story and realizing it was actually a gigantic pile of tumblr poo poo.

It’s okay friend, I too preordered one of the deluxe editions and even did every side quest in the game. It was alright?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

1 does have the best dialogue in the whole series and is honestly not that bad for its age and the teething problems of being first in the series. Avoiding 2 is a good idea though.

1 has a cool atmosphere and the novelty of being able to tell that at one point it was a proto Resident Evil 4.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Man, remember when the Humble Bundle used to just be a collection of sweet indie titles that came around every so often?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Just got done replaying TR2013 for the first time in idk four years?

- The subtitles are amazing. <prolonged, sharp death scream>

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Curse of Monkey Island is finally on steam? That’s extremely my poo poo, it’s like the only one I’ve yet to play.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Arno is a blank slate who never accomplishes anything. He doesn't even get to do revolutionary stuff because Both Sides Are Bad in that game so he's just kind of around, doing nothing much, while other people have exciting adventures.

At least ac3 has Haytham in it

Unity really isn’t bad, especially since all the jank and stupid mobile app stuff got patched out. I revisited it recently and enjoyed it pretty well. It’s not top tier AC but anyone not fatigued on the series would likely enjoy it well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Selane posted:

Wait, I know Unity got a ton of negative press when it came out and Chronicles/Liberations seem like lovely ports/spinoffs, but what's the problem with 3? There seems to be a pretty split goon opinion?

Almost everyone reviles the third game and it faced amazing backlash after all the hype. I personally think it's pretty good.

Black Flag is the one to grab if you're gonna dip in to Asscreed post-second game. Origins is also a great game.

I'd recommend Syndicate after those two.