Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
I want to play X3. Is Albion Prelude the one I should go for? Any hot tips for new players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

strategery posted:

Yes that is the one to get. There is a thread around here somewhere or some youtube videos to watch maybe, but the short version is it is a game sort of like EVE online (but single player) where you can play the actual story or just dick around and build a space empire while totally ignoring the story. There are some MODs that make your life a bit easier when it comes to buying and selling goods, as well as navigation, but Ill leave that to others to specify what those are, as I dont remember.

Thanks, I'll have a look around and see if I can find any useful videos. Do you remember if one of the mods is the Xtended Mod? The beforeiplay page for X3: Reunion mentions that one, but I don't know if that's relevant for Albion Prelude.

I can't quite remember why, but for some reason I already seem to have all of the Xn-games in my library. I think maybe I got a completionist-bundle a few years back (to pad out my library with unplayed games).

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I don't get it, there's no orcs anywhere in this trailer :confused:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Stanley Tweedle posted:

Tesla vs Lovecraft
it's out! it's really good!

It's really annoying that steam doesn't have an info field that states how many players can play local (or online) coop.
It's also annoying that most devs don't include that information in their game info text.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Got an email from Humble Bundle saying I'd get 10% off if I resub now during one of their "best months yet". Is this a standard thing they do when you haven't subbed in a while, or are they really desperate to meet some sort of quota this month?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Does Pillars of Eternity get any more interesting? I've gotten to the (first) big city that's divided into different map sections. I have the stronghold and have done some refurbishing on it.
I used to love Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, and NWN. As far as I can tell this game should be right up my alley, but for some reason I just can't build up much of an interest in playing it.

I can't quite tell if it's just this game, or if it's Infinity Engine-style games that I don't have enough patience for anymore (which would suck seeing as BGEE, BG2EE, and PTEE are all in my backlog).
Does it get any better, or will I perpetually long for Original Sin 2 if I try to get through it?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here: For you americans, are the wishlist filter on price options set to games less than $15 and games less than $30?

Because here in Norway I can filter on games that are less than 15NOK and games that are less than 30NOK, and hoo boy is it useful to have filters that trigger on what amounts to approximately 2 and 4USD.
And if they've really just hardcoded 15 and 30 without regard for the local currency then loving :laffo:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Well that's just... even weirder :confused:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Video posted:

:yikes:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

Baldur's Gate II

Seems like you misspelled Planescape Torment there.

E: just noticed it was already mentioned. Phoneposting..

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I love Steam. Steam has the best source code:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Arma is the one with all the insane army wannabes, isn't it?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

ZearothK posted:

What was wrong with Magicka 2 again? Magicka 1 was one of my all-time favorites, but I heard a lot of disappointment about the second installement back in the day, but I see it's on special now?

It's a bit blander, and not as much fun to play around with elemental combos, iirc. But seeing as how good couch coop games are hard to find, I'd still recommend it if that's your intention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Holy poo poo you guys, Steam finally added a link handler on their mobile app so you can open links to games in the app. It only took them... however many loving years, but it's finally here! :catdrugs: :wom: