Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Humble Spoopy bundle

Pay what you want

Dead Age
DreadOut
DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
Lakeview Cabin Collection

BTA
Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition
Alien: Isolation
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location

$10 or more
Dead by Daylight

Honestly I'm only interested in Lakeview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Could anyone help me out with Cuphead? For some reason, I can't get past the opening cinematic a few seconds after launching the game.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Mordja posted:

Orw*ll
3Z64L-HTBHM-2BNN*

Se*sons *fter F*ll
4GIVG-ZW8F6-KK*8H

Th* Shrouded Isl*
478YC-762AY-C3W*Y

Scanner Som*re
4D4J*-NA0*M-TC240

I grabbed the first two. Thanks!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I have been thinking about upgrading my PC: right now, I have an Intel Core i5 with an Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card. Am I all right for now, or should I upgrade soon to keep up with the latest releases?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

King Keltair posted:

I had the same set up (i5/760) from 2014, and was getting irritated with performance on new games. Swapping the 760 for a 1070 in March this year made a huge difference, all new AAA games from this year are running around 90 fps on Ultra. I'd recommend the gpu upgrade if you have the budget, but probably not a need to rebuild the whole thing at this point. Maybe another RAM stick if you only have 8GB?

To be honest, I'm not sure if my PC could handle it. If I did swap the graphics card, wouldn't I need a more powerful processor?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll probably just end up upgrading my graphics card in the near future

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So with the FCC's plans to repeal net neutrality, how will this affect Steam?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/fcc-net-neutrality.html

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

occamsnailfile posted:

Depends on how much money Valve is willing to pony up. Online gaming as a whole might suffer if ISPs decide gaming traffic will be throttled unless consumers pay for gamingplus+ subscription levels.

gently caress, I really hope this doesn't kill Valve

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm sorry for brining up politics in the Steam thread. If I ask the Trump thread in D&D about it, they mock me for worrying about it so much

Then they go worry ahead and scream about how nothing matters anymore

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So for those who have Fighterz, have any of you encountered a fatal error message when starting the game? I've been reading reports that some are getting it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

If I could just have this thread's attention, I think there may be a hidden gem we've missed out on

http://store.steampowered.com/app/771070/Infinos_Gaiden/

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So Puyo Puyo Tetris is probably coming to Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/games/294860/announcements/detail/1664512901676324625
http://steamcommunity.com/games/460790/announcements/detail/1680275500369804955
http://steamcommunity.com/games/460810/announcements/detail/1647624403069348768

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

HGH posted:

They also found the same Puyo art in Binary Domain but yeah, this is great news. I wonder if they managed to figure something out for the Tetris license's digital distribution?

I know that they were selling PPT on the eShop, but not on the Playstation Store due to Ubisoft having their own version of Tetris on there already

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Is uPlay still a pile of poo poo?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So seeing as how the Witcher 3 is on sale, I'm thinking of picking up the first two games. Have they aged well?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

On an unrelated note, have they ever announced what's going on with the Fire Pro season pass?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So apparently you can't play the DLC for Fire Pro Wrestling World offline

https://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/0/1732088458075064393/

I'm seriously thinking about requesting a refund for the game

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Does anyone here own Groove Coaster? I was thinking about getting it since they released some Undertale songs for it, but then I saw that you have to be online every seven days in order to play it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

END ME SCOOB posted:

I do. What's the question? Just "is that true"? I can test it for you I guess.

No, I believe it. Part of me wants to get it, but the other part doesn't want to support DRM practices like this

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

END ME SCOOB posted:

All I'm gonna say on that front is "for an upgraded port of a mobile game that uses a lot of licensed Japanese music, it could be 2000% worse".

It plays pretty well and adapts to any control scheme under the bloody sun, it's rather nice.

Yeah, you make a good point about the licensing issues. I just hope they have a system in place in case it ever goes offline

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

In case anyone still plays it, Spike finally patched Fire Pro Wrestling World so that you can use the DLC mode and fighters offline

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Terminally Bored posted:

How's the career mode now?

I haven't bought it since it had the DRM. I'll probably buy it today and report back

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So I saw Injustice 2 is on sale, but I heard that it apparently has Red Shell; is that a deal breaker for anyone?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I didn't mind that some games were gonna be on the Epic Store for a year, just as long as they'd eventually come to Steam (plus, having a Switch helps ease the pain a little).

This is a whole other level of bullshit. gently caress Epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Palpek posted:

As somebody who used Epic Store - it's really weak and lacks the most basic functions you'd expect. It feels like a website with huuge pictures, placeholders and big fonts to fill in the emptiness and not a gaming client. So it's not surprising at all that adding one game too many may destroy it lol.

Don't they make a poo poo ton from Fornite?

Use that money to fix the lovely store