Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

Man, ding me for it if you want, but gently caress this whitewashing bullshit. He poured gasoline on Gamergate and sicced his fans on people I knew, chasing one out of the industry completely. Congrats, he isn't Notch and thus the worst dude in games - it decidedly didn't make him a good person, it only let him clear the underground loving bar we've seen since his shittiest period.

The light that burns at 60 fps burns half as long. And he burned so many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Jusupov posted:

I remember old events that gave items in games, why did they stop those

People always found ways to break them and ruin them for everyone. I think the specific inciting incident was that one winter sale where you could earn coal by playing games, because several of the qualifying games were also featured in a current Humble Bundle back when you could get steam codes for one penny so the entire sale's worth of prizes wound up being depleted in hours by people using dummy accounts to harvest coal from dozens of copies of the same game.

Steam sucks because it doesn't exercise enough control on its platform, also because it exercises too much control on its platform.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Truga posted:

So, probably better than 3 and 4? Sounds great

The fact that people are still talking about them almost a decade later is literally the opposite of forgettable.

I wish people could forget about Bethesda games.