Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dishonored 2 did not (and will not?) get any regular DLC, just the "Kill the Outsider" standalone expansion, is this correct?

Asking because it's currently on sale on Gamesplanet and I don't want to fall into the "DLC will never be cheaper than the GOTY edition released 6 months later on" trap.

Of course, no one's stopping them from bundling the full game and the standalone sometime down the road.

Having finished Dishonored just a couple of weeks ago, I'm tempted to get DH2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Anti-Hero posted:

DH1 never got a "GOTY" edition.

The "Definitive Edition" includes all DH1 content in one package.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

drat, the Gamesplanet summer sale has some nice flash sales. Almost feels like Steam in the good ole days.

Wolfenstein TN and OB for 4.44€ (GBP 3.75) each, same for Mad Max (is it worth it? Heard it gets grindy, but it should have fun for under 5 bucks in it, right?), DooM 11.99€ (GBP 8.99) ...

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 15, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Has anyone tried to run Rez Infinite via Riftcat on a Daydream device?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 16, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoops, sorry.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 19, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Samuringa posted:

Thanks for linking this, I'll wait to see if Phantom Pain gets a flash deal.

Phantom Pain is up today.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

dromal phrenia posted:

Goat Simulator 2T05R-BK5CP-DV7CL

Whoa, this hasn't been claimed in the 4:30 hours since you posted.
Now it is. Thanks a lot for this.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

il_cornuto posted:

I can't decide if I'm enjoying Shadow Warrior 2013 or not. On the one hand, slashing demons up is pretty fun, the upgrade system is decent and the environments are pretty. On the other hand the two guns I've found so far feel really weak, as does the tiger roar power I got, and there's something unsatisfying about the combat in general. I recently played Bioshock Infinite and while I'm sure this will make some people very upset, I kind of feel like it did similar combat - chaotic, lots of movement and mixing melee, shooting and powers together - a lot better. If nothing else the guns and powers felt much more satisfying. I'll stick with it for a while but I'm underwhelmed so far. It might also be because I'm also playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and the gunplay in that game is fantastic.

I found that Shadow Warrior 2013 gets more enjoyable later on as you upgrade your arsenal and powers a bit more. It's admittedly kind of a rough start. At some point the fun kicks in.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

To anyone who already got the current monthly bundle - since it does not state it explicitly, I assume Rise of the Tomb Raider is not the 20 anniversary edition including the season pass stuff, right?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Daaaamn, I just grabbed Rise of the Tomb Raider from the Humble monthly and I'm amazed how gorgeous it looks on high settings and how well it plays on 3440x1440 on a GTX970.
45 fps + GSync make for a nice gaming experience. I thought I was going to be forced into a 1080i upgrade sooner than later, but I can live with this until the next generation drops.

Again, :drat:

That opening sequence in the mountains :monocle:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Tippis posted:

Not to ruin your plans of delaying an upgrade, but it's worth mentioning that it's a ridiculously well-optimised engine.

It's just that I read in a lot of benchmark reports how relatively demanding RotR was and playing at ultrawide 1440p made me expect waaaaay worse performance.
Gsync also helps a lot of course.

Good times.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

exquisite tea posted:

Original Sin 2 is out in 10 days and I am hype!!

Maybe they'll even get over themselves and start selling the first one for less than just 50% off!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The *all
*EA60-QMGNM-LR89E

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 13, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Free today (maybe only a couple of hours left, article I got this from said "until this evening").
Quirky puzzler with a unique surreal art style it seems.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308040/Back_to_Bed/

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 21, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Only two on my friends list are playing Heat Signature.
Let's remedy that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/explaysiveTV/

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

What does the "Collision sensor" in Heat Signature do?
It's one of the "things you can do" in pause mode and it places a green grid over the ship.

My favourite items so far are a "Concussion hammer" that swings with virtually no cooldown and knocks targets back a lot. Bloodless missions are pure joy with it.

And of course the "400lb hacker".
Aaaand I just found an "exceptional" self charging crashbeam. That should make missions with shield dudes sooo much easier. Game is good.

Is there a way to set the game to a different resolution in windows mode permanently?
It seems to revert to 1400x900 everytime I restart after manually adjusting the window size.

Edit:
gently caress. I died. Well, enjoy my gear.
Should have bouight the Offworld Angel pod (assuming it removes the reduced conciousness timer when jettisoned).

I'll be streaming for a little while longer, if you're on the fence about the game and would like some first-hand feedback.

https://www.twitch.tv/explaysivetv

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 23, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

After playing Heat Signature for a while, the game slows down noticeably for me. It's still smooth, it's just that movement becomes sloooowwwwwwww. Restarting fixes it reliably.

Anyone else experiencing this?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I had hacked a turret in the corridor leading to the airlock. I let the guards capture me on purpose just to laugh at them when they died while trying to jettison me. Played 10 hours today already. What a gem.

Survival is pretty easy once you get the Outlander Angel Pod. No more reduced timeouts while floating unconcious in space helps a ton. The pod also assists to get you back to safety by pressing "E" once you're in range. Best 20 credits spent in the game.

Now I only die when I gently caress up and get captured while the alarm or mission countdown goes to zero.
Startegically placed glith traps and emergency exits through windows should help prevent that.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Synthbuttrange posted:

You know what else is great about Heat Signature?

No developer logo, no game logo, load the game and you're ready to kick rear end once you get your own rear end off the bar stool.

Oh god, Bethesda is the worst offender.
You'll usually get 5-6 unskippable(!) logo/splash videos before you get to the menu.
Every single time you start the game.

Ugh.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dishonored (1) Definitive Edition is a flash deal for €5.99 on Gamesplanet.com for another ~2 hours.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No daily deal today? Is something up?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Twitch had this "Indie Amplifier" promo a couple of weeks back, where you could vote for an indie game and the winner of the vote would be a free game for Twitch Prime members.

Looks like they are expanding the offer and the following games will be free for Twitch Prime Users in the coming weeks (staggered unlocks, I assume):

Starting March 15th:

Superhot
Shadow Tactics
Tales from Candlekeep
Oxenfree
Mr. Shifty

and in April

Tales from the Borderlands
Steamworld Dig 2
Kingsway
Tokyo 42
Dubwars

So if you've been eying one of those, are a Twitch Prime user and don't mind launching those games from the Twitch app, you shouldn't buy any of these titles for now.

(Source)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Quick reminder that today's deal, Steamworld Dig 2, will be free for Twitch Prime users starting sometime after April 1st.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gamesplanet is having a flash sale for Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 for another ~9 hours

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Steam Machine for €1.10 when bought with one of three discounted games.
Hm. Will they drop a Steam Machine 2 - possibly with 4k - support shortly (is that even feasible?) or abandon the platform completely, thus selling off all remaining stock?

I don't really NEED it, but ...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edit: Lacking reading comprehension. My bad.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 3, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

strategery posted:

Its Destiny 2

Is it worth it?
Never played Destiny 1.

Edit 1: Thanks for the feedback. Cancellation it is then.

Edit 2:
Crazy M#chi*es 3 key
8K85Q-5EX22-*3#7J

Please drop a note for the others when you nab it.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 4, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Spring cleaning event made me fire up DEX yesterday.

Was planning on just launching it and getting the daily task done, played a total of 11.8 hours yesterday and today before finishing it.

Spring cleaning is cool and good. Working as intended I guess.
Very charming game.

If you consider playing it, invest your first skill points to fully upgrade Lockpicking and Bartering. The latter really pays off over time.

Also get the selfhealing augmentation as soon as possible to save tons of $$$ on healing items.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 25, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Xander77 posted:

I bought literally all the possible augmentations (well, 9 augmentations) and all the skill / xp items. Still left the point of no return from the city with more than 10000 future $ to spare. It's not like there a dire shortage of skill points, but there's still no reason to spend any on Bartering.

Yes, credits snowballed in last 1/3 of the game, but I for instance needed to scrounge a bit to get over the hump of the 3500 for the selfheal implant when I felt I needed it. At that point I wished I had invested in Bartering early on. Do it early or don't do it at all, is all I'm saying.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GTA V has a flash sale on Gamesplanet with about 7 hours on the clock (CET).
I don't think I have ever seen it as low as EUR 14.99/GBP 12.99 before.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The XP gap between level 7 and level 8 of this Salien thingy is 72,000 -> 180,000. One round on high caps at 2340.

:catstare:

Has some nerd figured out how to bot this poo poo yet?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

LOL, Level 8 to Level 9 is 180,000 -> 450,000 XP.
Even with botting this is close to 4 hours of "playing" the Saliens game.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Nope.
NOPE.
NOPE!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Cojawfee posted:

LOL this planet I'm on is conquered and I can't leave. The console just gives an uncaught reference error when I click leave planet. Guess I can't try to win any more games over the people with 1000 bot accounts.

Try again, had the same problem, it works now.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

:drat:, that's a nice bundle.

Of course this means Hat in time will be free on PS+ next month.
Ah well, whatcha gonna do, eh?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GreenmanGaming has a summer sale going.
Prey for €8.47 is the cheapest I have seen if you were holding out like me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

iGestalt posted:

Next months humble early unlocks are: Tales of Berseria (Fantastic), Sniper Elite 4 (Good), Staxel (???)

Also, you can swap out either all of those three for Rise of the Tomb Raider, although it looks like it's not the 20 year anniversary edition.

e:f,b and I can't read.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 3, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

MGS V PP + G0 is on sale for ~EUR 5.55 at the gamesplanet.com summer sale finale.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

StrixNebulosa posted:

:laffo:

The Humble Monthly Bundle early unlock is Overwatch!

And from the sound of it, the other games will be linked to battle.net as well?

quote:

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. Redeem on Blizzard Battle.net and keep them forever.

So Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Destiny, a free month of WoW and lol Hearthstone?
Oh, a couple of HotS boxes maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Quick reminder:

The DLC "Seal the deal" for A Hat in Time is currently available for free for a limited time, so grab it while it lasts.