Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bad Seafood posted:

I used to miss the daily deals, but over time I've come to appreciate not having to check in every day to see whether or not the specific game I want is going to be on sale.

I think the switch to full-time sales sort of came around at the same time we stopped seeing truly baffling sales on some games. Steam Sales used to be utter havoc as you checked in every 2-4 hours because at some point some recent AAA title might go 75% off for some reason and you hated to miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GreatGreen posted:

Probably an obvious question, but I'll ask anyway. What's better: Aragami or Mark of the Ninja?

Are both worth playing?

Never played Aragami but Mark of the Ninja remains one of my favourite games of all time and I'm not usually a big stealth/platformer guy. It's just exceptional.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

McCoy Pauley posted:

Is there any kind of plug-in or app that lets you sell your steam cards automatically, or in some batch process?

Enhanced Steam adds a "quick sell" button for whatever the lowest going price is, you have to go per-card but it speeds things up (still gotta confirm everything in the steam app on your phone)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

LewdMonocle posted:

Someone earlier mentioned Star Traders: Frontiers really digging it. Reminds me of an old shockwave based game Space Pirate but with waaaay more detail.

Might just give this a 2-hour-refund-period shot tonight thanks to the rec and some let's play vids, namaste

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah I picked up Star Traders and so far have interacted very little with the systems but it certainly seems like there's a lot of depth if you wanted to go hard at it.

I need some get-rich-quick schemes to get into a better ship.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Synthbuttrange posted:

genital jousting

It also has a fun single-player campaign!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Xaris posted:

Yeah Cities Skylines is loving insane. If there's one problem with it, there's almost too many mods and poo poo that you can go down the rabbits hole fast if you aren't careful, but there are also are (or were?) a lot of mods that were just so loving useful like transit line coloring and improvements, some improved interchanges, etc that you do want to dig into a little bit of the workshop.

My one complaint against the almost-perfect game of Cities Skylines is that the traffic AI is loving bad, even with some of the traffic mods. 4 lane highway, but everyone just sits in the left-most lane until immediately before their exit and then they cut across 3 lanes of traffic at 10mph and everything grinds to a total halt.

e: I mean it's pretty accurate to real-world cities where nobody knows how to drive, but

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Too Shy Guy posted:

This is it, guys. I'm finally breaking into the high-stakes world of battle royale games.

:blastu: FPSummer :blastu:

26. Totally Accurate Battlegrounds

I somehow have this in my games list already and may now be inclined to try it, good work!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've spent like $20 so far this sale and have a pathological need to buy more things before the sale ends, but can't find anything that would soothe my -itis.

First World Problems y'all.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lorini posted:

Uh what is RTWP??

Google tells me Realtime with Pause. Dragon Age Origins is what comes to mind for me as an example.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Drunk in Space posted:

Thinking about finally picking up Cities: Skylines. What DLC is recommended? Natural Disasters looks fun but I'm not sure about the others (and I can't really afford to splash out on too much).

After 100 hours I'd recommend:
After Dark
Mass Transit

If you have cash left over, maybe:
Green Cities

Avoid:
Snowfall (the snow thing only works on certain maps, it doesn't add a winter season to your existing cities or anything)

I haven't bought Natural Disasters because how dare they try messing up my utopia, or Parklife since it just came out and hasn't been on sale, but I hear it's alright.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

$10 for a version of bulletstorm not reliant on whatever lovely patched abomination the old Microsoft games service thing was sounds mighty tempting

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Digirat posted:

From the civilization 6 eula:

I don't know if this is all specifically from red shell or if firaxis are collecting different info outside of it.

I don't have time to dig into this right now but whether or not it's specifically collecting everything in that EULA, I'm very skeptical that red shell is as innocuous as devs say it is if they're all rushing to remove it now that it's getting attention.

Ahh yes, the Start a New Game screen that asks for your civilization, leader name, SSN, and last 3 paystubs.

That's shady as gently caress. Ain't nobody typing their PII into Civ 6, where are they getting it from.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Synthbuttrange posted:

Apparently there's been a few new items added since I last played Domina.

Like lion pee.

https://twitter.com/tehbignic/status/1020399920509988865

https://twitter.com/tehbignic/status/1020400224508915712

I was going to wait for another discount but these tweets might have convinced me to give these folks all my money.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I don't have youtube previews on but I assume somebody posted something from Bastion.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

il_cornuto posted:

What are some good games for when you've just got half an hour to an hour to kill and don't want to get super deep into anything?

Slay The Spire, my dude.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I did not know Yakuza was only $20, that seems like a real decent price for the hype.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

corn in the bible posted:

rest in peace sgt flowerpot, died because the other cop on duty that day said he had a rash so she had to fight 15 terrorists alone and also defuse a time bomb

she just couldn't hit people fast enough...

Is this This is the Police 2?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Morter posted:

Last time I played was around 2 years ago. I like these kind of games, technically, but I remember there being a sort of pressure on time with regards to how little you can do in a day. In particular, I remember maintaining the farm, going to stores, exploring a little but as I tried to work that into a loop I barely had time (or stamina, if there was a system, I forget) the next day to do as much.

What I'm asking, basically, is if it changed much from 2 years ago

That's kind of the core gameplay you're talking about so it hasn't changed too much, but as someone who got back into it recently to test out the multiplayer update it doesn't feel that overwhelming and I just learned that it's ok to take some food and eat it for extra stamina if you need it.

If you have someone to play with, even infrequently, you can get a looooot done in a day.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Samuringa posted:

when you get five successful Tinder matches

Anyway, how does the co-op work in this game? Do I lose my farm and we all go live in a communal one? Do I have to remake my character?

If you're hosting, you can use an existing farm or a new one. Progress of the farm saves on your side, people can hop in and out depending on the number of cabins you have available.

If you join someone else, you can make a new character. Your inventory/skills save but the farm is not yours, it's saved on the host's side.

Gold is shared, so that 2000g backpack upgrade is 4000g if you both want it. Same for tool upgrades. You can each pick up the daily quests to bring X to Y. Your farming/fishing/etc. levels are individual. You share a pet with the owner. The community center progress is shared. NPC relationships are individual.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My favourite part of Stardew MP is that there are two separate paths of MP mods you can install to increase player count, depending on whether you're a capitalist or a communist:

Capitalist - Infinite farmhands can join your farm because they no longer get a cabin for themselves to save the work they do

Communist - Infinite farmhands can join your farm because you are no longer limited in how many cabins you can build on your land

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

melon cat posted:

Is there a way to hook up a lightweight PC to my living room television and play Steam games? Weird question, I know. I'm looking for a gaming console but I'm not interested in PS4 or X-Box. I just want to load up a bunch of cheap Indie games and play them on the couch. Heck, it'd be great if the wife could join in on some couch co-op. And I do have a high-end PC, but I work at home and want to separate my gaming/entertainment from my home office (seriously man you never feel like you "relex" when you play a videogame on your workstation)

I remember hearing about Steam machines but it sounds like those died a quick death. So, yeah. Is it possible to build a lightweight PC, launch steam on it, but play the games in my living room, somehow?

Steam Link would let you launch Steam on your good PC and stream through to your TV.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I just found DOOMs combat very little fun, despite being hyped for all I'd heard about it. Was I missing something? I was trying to run around meleeing demons into the ether but there was very little satisfaction to any of it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Carecat posted:

MHW seems to have some kind of network fuckery that can mess up with your steam connection, as well as their back end servers being unreliable. It works about 80% of the time which is not ideal.

This would explain why people on my Friends list playing MHW pop up like 5 times a minute.

Which makes the all-caps game name even more aggravating.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

King Vidiot posted:

I just know that after every single free update to Payday 2, there are a bunch of chucklefucks on the announcements on Steam spamming "DEAD", "DED", "GAEM IS DEAD".

And I'm like, really? It's a four player co-op game and I never have problems finding four Steam friends to play a round or two with. Apparently those people just need to, you know, have friends.

How is Payday 2 now for like, a "just want to have fun" casual sort of player? I was deep into it on launch and then they started making changes that catered to the hardcore crowd and then I dropped off but it's been like 2 years of updates and DLC.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fallom posted:

If you play with randos you will have to endure a ton of abuse
I would absolutely slide into the goon group for squads. I just didn't find the bullet sponge enemy stuff they were adding any fun.
No different from launch, got it!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Philthy posted:

If you're not sure about it, it would be worth watching Shroud's twitch stream from yesterday post-server update patch.

Shroud has an in-organic experience in most games where his followers collect a bunch of poo poo and then go die at his feet so take his experience with a grain of salt.

The first couple days of this week were dire as heck with everyone playing SCUM (streamers are my background noise, WFH represent). It's slow, buggy, and boring to me, but I thought the same of DayZ and never understood its hype.

I wish it well and hope it fucks off to its own boring niche of Twitch and leaves my shootymans streamers alone.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Philthy posted:

Not entirely sure what this means, but he was playing with other known streamers. Not followers.. Much of his time was spent solo, anyways.

I'm just saying the time it took him to go from a naked man in the woods to equipped was shorter than most folks will experience because his legion of weird fans will run around collecting starter loot and then go drop it at his feet. Your average player (and a number of the other streamers I watched) will take a longer time scavenging before reaching that point, and imo that scavenging portion of the game looked pretty tiresome.

Orv posted:

Cool.

If I were hella rich I would pay large burly men to hit goons in the face every time they post something like "Well I don't like it so it's bad/I don't like it so I really don't understand how it's popular." Or subjective things stated as objective fact.
Sure thing dude. Only like 2 people had posted about the game and seemed quite positive on it while myself and the people I talk to all agree it looks tedious and boring. I'm agreeing if you like DayZ and that stuff you might like SCUM, but if you didn't (and weren't sure exactly what SCUM is because it kind of came out of nowhere) you probably won't.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This is supremely dumb so here's an objective 100% indisputable SCUM statement send your burly thugs if you wish:

You'll probably like it if you liked Day Z and you'll definitely love it if you have a poop or puke fetish.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryOnerousCoffeeFrankerZ

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sulphagnist posted:

Accordion Man, don't worry. Tales of Berseria is available to buy for 11,09 euros right now, so I rounded up and donated 12 euros to the Finnish Red Cross on your behalf.

Giving out extra Steam keys is not "charity", it's more like taking a book you read but didn't really love to the common room at work because otherwise it'll just collect dust in your shelf. Let's just play games and joke about our massive backlogs in peace.

Now this is how you generously own some Steam thread weirdos :kiss:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ciaphas posted:

Probably won't finish Graveyard Keeper, I know that much. Still a fun plate spinner but dang that is a long road to victory

I like it but would enjoy it 300% more if I could just pin a crafting recipe on screen.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Digirat posted:

Since the word MOBA apparently sends you loving weirdos into conniptions, maybe we should instead discuss Spec Ops: The Line

I hadn't seen any spoilers before I played it, and when the first phosphorous event happened I was like "wait that doesn't look right I am not gonna do it" and the game forced me to do it and I was all "well that was dumb" instead of "WHAT HAVE I DONE"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pigbuster posted:

Holy moly, it's out? I thought it just went into beta, I really lost track of that sucker.

It's by the guy who made Big Pharma, btw, so I'm hoping this has the same thing of being a very management-focused sim game.

I've been getting his dev updates after buying Big Pharma and it sounds like it's been made with an absurd amount of love and attention. Hope it does well for him.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Grapplejack posted:

@tooshy are you going to cover Painscreek Killings? You should, it's a fun little spooky game.

e: also this is really fun, I can see why you started doing this too shy :3:
I've enjoyed that 3/4 reviews so far have a nearly identical screenshot of "the world with some pins on it". I know it makes sense given the type of games, but it's still funny.

Also keep it up.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

DaveKap posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but I think it'd be more fun if the worlds actually were shared, so one person creating chaos actually does gently caress with another person's world.
An option to toggle would be great, I can see both methods being fun depending on the mood.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oh boy this might be a rough Steam Sale, I've been looking at XCOM2+WotC and Divinity OS2, plus smaller games like Omnibus and Domina.

I was doing so well...

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Frog Act posted:

So I'm thinking for a big splurge this sale I want to maximize the amount of time I can get out of games because I'm in a situation with a ton of free time and like $50-60 tops to drop. I'm thinking maybe Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Rust or D:OS2, 7 Days to Die, and Hollow Knight. Lots of decent recent things at historical lows, though, including Elite: Dangerous Commander Edition. Anyone feel strongly about any of those games? I have to say Rust looks completely different than the naked men with rocks and sometimes guns knocking over wood houses thing I remember, now its like people in radiation suits driving boats in the arctic and poo poo?

You can get Hollow Knight and 7 Days to Die for $12 with the Humble Monthly early unlock (plus HITMAN which you can either play because it's awesome or sell): https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Domina is cool and fun and I can't wait to use Twitch integration so I can lament the brutal deaths of my few viewers during Extra Life this year.

Also the soundtrack bangs.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Too Shy Guy posted:

The Top Five

20. Sagebrush

I'm thinking I'll grab this for Extra Life for the late-night "freak myself out" hours. The reviews mention it's about 1.5-2 hours long, was that your experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Too Shy Guy posted:

Yeah, it was right around the 2-hour mark for me and I think I found just about everything there is to see.

Awesome, thanks for the info and also the reviews!