Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Ambaire posted:

Do any of these people have a leg to stand on or are they blowing hot air?

Like basically all PC releases hardware can make a difference in how things go. Most of the people who aren't having any problems aren't posting about it, they're playing. That said, there are indeed problems with the port. The highest settings on textures are completely broken, a few armor pieces show the lowest settings and everything else is the mid-level settings. Connections to other players are spotty, likely due to the new steam friends UI.

On the other hand, the complaints about mouse and keyboard controls seem completely subjective to me as I have had zero issue at all with them. Many of the complaints about camera settings and lock-on are coming from people who want the game to be something that it isn't.

Lastly, you should probably take my opinion with a grain of salt since I am a series veteran who has been playing the games since they were on the PSP.

TL;DR - The port isn't great, but some of the complaints about controls are purely subjective.

EDIT - Also, I haven't personally had any of the performance problems people are talking about - running it perfectly fine at 1080/60 with a pretty beefy cpu and a 970.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Actually it's good to have a race to the bottom on prices, you know. So the already underpaid and overworked people writing books and making games can have even less money paid for their work. It's good for me as a consumer for everything to be cheaper, you know. Who cares if it means no one can make a living being an author, or a QA tester, or whatever, so long as games are cheap as hell!