Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

emdash posted:

this is actually amazing

in response to this erick the director of thing says "Aw yea"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

3 wins!!!1

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

KAKA GOD

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

i saw that kaka was walking aroudn with almost 5k gold for that top push and i kind of saw that poo poo coming

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Coffee Mugshot posted:

How close is the timing on stone form disjoint? Only saw it for like the two patches where ES was godlike before it was an aghs effect.

the range is really short but its almost instant. theres a tiny cast time and once it goes off they are a rock for 3 seconds and cant take damage

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

yeah having the item (he bought it imemdiately previous to that, the other team didnt know he had it) and being in that place to cast that spell during the 1 second window on the scythe is the impressive part

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

DoctorJones posted:

which hero is EE going to pipe up today?

antimage

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

they should make the all star game worth 500 mmr so people will really try hard

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

How many times has bat rider been nerfed? Has he ever had a buff?

adding the aghs is a buff. also changing the map to how it is now was a pretty huge thing for bat rider i think

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

for the low low price of 21250 gold lion can blink in and stun an aoe for 4 seconds and do 2900 magic damage to everything in that aoe assuming 25% magic resist.

e: hosed around with items some more and you can actually do 8900 damage with the best 6 slots for burst i think, in about 4 seconds

jsoh fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 21, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

i have two accounts and one has 2k behaviour and one has 7k behaviour and the people are noticably ruder and worse at dota on the 2k one. people pick poorly and feed if provoked. the mmr spread between the two is like one hundred or something

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

also queue times are much longer on the lower behavioru score account. rude boy queue is real as gently caress.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I am used to "real" sports where players can only be compared to other players of the same race

what the gently caress

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

remember when secret would headhunt for top level talent. now they fuckin picked up fata lmao

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

fata was on fuckin bears or whatever until clown 9 picked him up and he played like poo poo. hes not top level at all

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

I cannot fathom the kind of person who watches Purge do those kinds of analyses

Purge is supposedly around 5.6k MMR right now. Not that it's outright bad, but for perspective, I'm right around 5.5k MMR right now, and I play the game maybe a total of 4 hours a month, and I have no idea what is going on in my games like half the time. I don't even fully read the patch notes, yet I'm still at the same MMR as the guy who's apparently studying the game mechanics with a microscope and analysing patch notes for 20 hours on stream. What's his appeal? There's no way I could make any analysis worth a drat as a player of my skill level.

i think hes probably in a better position to make analysis than you or most people of similar skill level on account of his entire life is dota and interacting with dota people who play/coach/manage/cast at the highest level as well as watching 40+ hours of dota a week. maybe.

being incapable of performing at a high level doesnt mean y ou cant understand the high level. also like 90% of his audience is 2k people

jsoh fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 2, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

im basically playing devils advocate the guy who said inertia was right

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the damage is all at once with the mines if you do it right so uhh, it would just take a bit longer?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

weedman dota is a shell of a man ever since twitch banned doing drugs on camera.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

King Pawn posted:

I too believe that n0tail and matumbaman, people who have literally won a million dollars by being good at dota, are in fact bad at dota.

its relative hey. i dont think people are saying notail is 1k mmr , hes just not as good as his peers.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

baby delivery truck posted:

I think my bold claim of dotaplus not enforcing a stale meta was correct.

E: if you were to go pos4 void the recommended items should just be a bunch of salves mangos and clarities

e2: You can't disjoint attacks anymore what the hell?! The attack still hits where you were before you blinked/phased/whatever. This is a pretty serious bug (i hope). RIP puck.

Even going invis doesn't dodge the hit once it's launched. This feels terrible.

i have 100% winrate on hammer veil 4pos void

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the countdown hung for me and then was sold out immediately after it stopped hanging gently caress ticketmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Robo Turnus posted:

someone plz explain to me how the stat effects have actually changed. I can see the number changes, but what was that bit before all that about?

everyone whos not a strength hero gets less hp from strength now, everyone whos not a int hero gets less mana from int now. everyone gets move speed from agi now but agi heroes get slightly more. nothing else matters.

e: oh yeah int heroes dont get mr from int anymore but everyone gets it from strength, and strength heroes dont get free status resistance anymore

• Locked thread