Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Silver Alicorn posted:

hello friends I haven't played a dota in 6 months

We are here to continue to support you in your fight against this terrible addiction. Keep strong! You are doing great, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

sugar free jazz posted:

For years, Arteezy read How to be Like Mike: Life Lessons about Basketball’s Best almost every day.

Lol that owns

"Be a psychopath, start fist fights with teammates, constantly berate teammates with hateful, bigoted language, get jealous a celebrity chose a teammate over you for the night because his dick was bigger, take PEDs, and gamble enough that the league forces you to take a two-year "secret" suspension."

Fits DotA players pretty well, imo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
EternalEnvy games are entertaining games. The real winner of his games are us.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Majuju posted:

is there nobody commentating this

It's LD and Lumi (?). Coming through in-game sound but not stream.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Yeah, Day 9 has been a great host, so far. Talks a little too quick at times, but other than that, he's doing a great job.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Reality Winner posted:

Games started early what the gently caress. that never happens.

Day 9 makes people try to rise up to his level of professionalism.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Kainser posted:

Akke is on the panel to show to casual viewers that dota players occasionally can be physically attractive

But Merlini already does a better job of that. :confused:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

DoctorJones posted:

i could see an argument for both sides of single elims.

It sucks for players but makes things so drat entertaining for spectators. See: NCAA March Madness.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Yeah, I see him "interrupting" the other guys on the desk as a way to get the next panelist involved or to move to a different topic after staying on one for too long.

Him talking about himself in his prompts is a good way to give the experts something to hang their opinion on. Gives a better structure for them to frame their talks while also speaking to the "common man" in the audience.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
naga agh's!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Best panel TI has ever had, imo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Ramadu posted:

the nfl player syndrome

Not every sports league can have the NBA's personalities.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Its Rinaldo posted:

FOr my TFF Dota bros

:h:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

emdash posted:

jesus day9 really does need to shave like three times a day

Yeah, some people grow facial hair at ridiculous speeds. There were a couple football players in my high school that would shave fresh every morning and have a five o'clock shadow before lunch.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah he totally casted whirling axes inside the chrono? Is there a lag between when you respawn and when you are considered inside the thing?

I assume the game checks if anyone is in the sphere at the exact moment it is cast and then polls every so often while active to see if anything has entered it.

Or, respawning might have some invincibility frames that would let someone get an ability off. Or lets the hero act before reporting position to the game or something. I dunno.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

goatface posted:

They were deliberately losing to ensure they got maximum possible games and screen time to optimise the brand broadcast potential for their corporate partners.

Get with the meta.

This is true. The NBA salary cap isn't going up as high as initial projections due to much fewer playoff games than expected.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
"Being #1 feels goddamn great."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
:lol: Day9

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

:same:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

mikeraskol posted:

One thing I don't get though is the aquatic theme. I'm all for having a them for each TI, that's cool. And I thought the aquatic theme was fun. But I, along with tons of others, assumed that the theme was chosen for some reason when that doesn't seem to be the case.

I mean, the underwater map was a big compendium reward and was what all the first day's group games were streamed on. Reddit complained and they defaulted to the normal map for the rest of the tournament.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

mikeraskol posted:

2 out of those 3 are just awful so I hope following and unfollowing actually isnt' an indicator of anything.

In any sport where players have control of who they do or don't play for, it totally is an indicator.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite is when a black athlete is fast and his scouting report reflects that, but a white or asian athlete runs the same time and is "deceptively fast"

"getaway speed"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Haha, that was such a fun game. GJ Navi. Get hosed Puppey.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
lovely wizard

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
trivia is great

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

goatface posted:

They should have gone for hyperinflation rather than market crash.

That would probably gently caress with all the overlays and poo poo, though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
EG has been so drat bad lately.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Anime dota

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Andrast posted:

Best of 9

The winner is whoever has won more games when the first player on either team dozes off. Minimum 12 games.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
the best series

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I'm upset that I only figured out this morning that I could cast the stream when logged in through the Facebook app.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

botany posted:

NA dota?

it owns

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

botany posted:

it owns an 8th place :smuggo:

i'm about the journey, not the ending of it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Andrast posted:

The journey of EG losing is always an enjoyable one

:yeah:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

scuz posted:

Haha, OG v. Moriarty rematch for MDL qualifiers: https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

I spent like 10 minutes checking that this wasn't a re-run.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Zurreco posted:

Mid ... Pheonix?

It doesn't appear to be working but that doesn't appear to matter.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

scuz posted:

MidOne said as much in the post-game interview almost verbatim lol

haha

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

Envy

Shadow