Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I wonder how patch scheduling is going to work with all these tournaments, the Majors provided very convenient downtime to release patches. With a schedule this packed it's gonna be wild when teams get to a major and have to play on a 3 day old massive patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishIcyVelociraptorTwitchRaid

Check out Sccc's reaction to the Alch pick. Seems like the Faith might have clicked too late and they got randomed.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Andrast posted:

OG went 1-1 with IG and LFY managed to lose to DC once already.

It's not like LFY needs to try super hard since they are already confirmed to be first in the group.

LFY probably want OG to be in the lower bracket, so they have plenty of reason to try hard.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I love that taunt. Veno looks so happy when he's dancing.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

now that LaNm is part of the Chinese talent I can get autographed LaNm items, hell yea

cerious posted:

Gold Abed got me like 90 points in 4 games what a boss, shame about the 0-4 though.

How's everyone doing on fantasy? I've got 1770.42 with only a handful of golds played. My lineup for monday is Miracle, Sumail, Universe, Boboka and Kuroky.

1658 because I hosed up and played Miracle for today, somehow thought TL played twice

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Red Red Blue posted:

I'm not sure he even did, he just wanted to break the trees for vision and get some attack speed

pretty much this

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Robo Turnus posted:

Idk if liquid has teh GRIT required to make a run thru LB. They played themselves with choosing to play vs ig when they didn't face em at all in groups. Feels bad man.

they have to choose someone from the other group, they can't choose from their own group

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Xtanstic posted:

We're 1 set in and my bracket is utterly destroyed lmao I had liquid going all the way to the grand finals

:same:

also probably most people had them winning this series, RIP most brackets

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

pregnant me Sccc

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

1,300,000 dollar Enchant Remnant

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Infamous should have pulled their best cheese strat. Huskar the Euros right back to the old world.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Liquid demonstrating their traditional TI strategy, the choke.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

in the garbage where he belongs

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

turns out letting Troll get absolute and unmolested freefarm for 20 minutes is not the greatest strategy :thunk:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

IncendiaC posted:

I'm glad they didn't do some stupidly long, blatant shill buildup on the main stage for the Artifact reveal. They kept it under ~3 minutes during panel filler so it was more of a "oh yeah and this is a dota-related thing valve is doing"

considering all they had to show was a 20 second video with some spinning CGI gems and a logo, they probably couldn't have filled enough time for a full segment

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

rtc will never win TI

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

these Crit drafts are loving awful, tbh

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

EG getting told by a 16 year old Peruvian is the best part of TI7

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

DoctorJones posted:

i don't understand why blocking/stealing ancient stacks ins't prioritized in these kinda games

because you're fighting into the enemy shrine + high ground which makes it extremely hard and dangerous

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

rofl

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

ElNarez posted:

ARTOUR BABAEV WILL NEVER

EVER

WIN A TI

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Andrast posted:

mtgo doesn't do anything well

it seems to do pretty well at separating idiots from their money

Reality Winner posted:

ppd told eg to lose because he wants back o nthe panel

sadly mason was not there this time to ignore the throw order

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

[11/4/2015 8:31:18 PM] MASON: dc = digital ctrash

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

a witch posted:

Mason is trash, Mason fans are trash. I'm glad every MAGA dipshit is going home.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

IcePhoenix posted:

do you have one of those that's not the size of donnie's hands?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

pls ban KotL my fantasy points are in your hands Empire

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Look at those soulless and inscrutable Chinese players

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

mike12345 posted:

Probably dumb question, but how do they create the stage? Holograms? Is it CGI that gets overlayed on the camera feed?

The latter. Hologram tech is nowhere near what they'd need to do something like this.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

with IG still screaming at each other it doesn't look good for game 2

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

This team sure looks ready to win

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

the cosplay event was saved by not letting tobi anywhere near it

Xtanstic posted:

https://twitter.com/LDeeep/status/896393149987250176

LD confirmed for LB Final

Urgh we're gonna get tober for the GF aren't we? Synd is awesome but I want OD to get a GF drat it

if there is any justice in this world it will be Owen and Fogged

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

While I'm glad Liquid won, that final was pretty bad. I don't understand how it was so boring when previous days were loving stacked with some insanely hype matches. Oh well, good for Kuro, he deserved it.

Overall one of the best TIs ever, even with a disappointing final.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

hwordhan posted:

It was boring because Newbee didn't know what to do against Liquid. All three games went down to Liquid going: We know how to beat this because we already did before.

Pretty much. Newbee didn't step up and got blown the gently caress out.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Love Stole the Day posted:

Reinstalled this after a year of not playing it and now apparently they added a thing where you can't chat anymore unless you give them either your phone number or make a "dota 2 purchase". So I bought some 99-cent thing on their store but apparently I'm still not allowed to chat (or play ranked)? Is 99 cents not sufficient to constitute a "dota 2 purchase"?

That's the limited account thing they added to combat scammers and ragers having a million alt accounts to bypass punishment.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

As someone who only plays unranked and randoms every game, the new random mechanic is loving awful. Along the way they also ruined All Random. You can't repick, you don't get bonus gold, you don't get the mango or branch, you don't even get the TP everyone is supposed to start with. What the gently caress, Valve. If it was a problem in Ranked disable random in Ranked and be done with it, whats with all this collateral damage bullshit?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I had this exact experience playing Sven vs Tide. The new Anchor Smash talent is insane. Sven usually doesn't build +damage and God's Strength bonus damage is based on your current damage value, he doesn't do any damage at all if he's hit with the ridiculous -85% damage Anchor Smash debuff.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Leave EG to me

-Peter "PPD" Dager

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Newbee and VG are the best Chinese teams and they weren't at the event. LFY did disappoint a bit but then again BO1s are always a crapshoot.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Was there even an item Brood could get that would have saved Liquid from themselves? That T3 push was very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

The pick/lane suggestions are awful right now. I randomed Spectre and it kept insisting I should go mid.

Also the Plus guide thing has a way worse interface than regular guides and recommends pretty much the same items a Torte de Lini or PVGNA guide would.

• Locked thread