Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

actually it's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejoPj5VKxRI

DOUBLE ASSAULT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

TheRat posted:

Werent Newbee almost eliminated in the group stages of TI4, but the wonky structure made them skip ahead to final day through some kind of magic shitstorm?

Yeah they had to play in the weird bubble brackets post-groups/pre-main event. IIRC they were a Bo3 away from not even showing up on main stage, but eventually ended up in the upper bracket. Valve hosed up their reservation and only got 4 days at Key Arena so the scheduling was awful. The upper bracket finals were played early so Newbee were confirmed finalists on Day 2 (instead of the typical Day 5).

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Pretty sure group stages are stream/client only. IIRC Valve rents out a hotel near their Bellevue headquarters for all the group stage coverage and media days. They don't move to Key Arena/Seattle until group stages are done.

e: don't know if it still exists, but for TI4 they sold VIP tickets that would give you access to the group stage venue.

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Aug 1, 2017

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Wait so does that mean valve has been sneaking in other talent using incorrect visas for years?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

C9 not even making it to the main stage would be some top tier clown9, but then we would never get to see them choke on the main stage

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
this empire/igv game goddamn

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
not even mad at that ending

i love ridiculously late game dota

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
fnatic vs igv is a great demonstration of both teams trying their hardest to throw the game

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
jesus what a massacre

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
that was the most one-sided beatdown i've ever seen

and it was only 20 minutes long

hopefully OG pull it together for G2 and make it to tie-breakers, i've got 3 of them in today's fantasy roster

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

This seems like its going to be a China back to back TI win for the first time.

I dunno, Liquid and EG are looking really strong and VP could probably take out a non-LFY chinese team. Plus TNC have looked pretty good so far.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
c'mon og, get me those fantasy points

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
i expect this sort of clown dota from c9, not ig

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
wait i thought IG losing would mean OG vs. IG tiebreakers but that just means OG is confirmed lower bracket

darn, rip my fantasy points

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Probably more immortals chests tonight or tomorrow. The past 2 years they've come out the night the group stages end or the day after.

a witch posted:

Give me the hats

ask and you shall receive

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 6, 2017

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
IMO the worst items are the ones that just vomit particles effects everywhere. The biggest offender IIRC is the Jugg arcana (and PA/MK arcana to a lesser extent). It's like Valve had no idea what to do with him and just threw all the particles they had and went "Meh, good enough. They'll buy it". Most of the golden immortal variants and infused item sets are pretty bad about this too.

My standards have dropped to the point where I don't even care if the item looks ugly; all I want is the hero to not be obscured by particle effects.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Gambled on OG playing an extra tiebreaker game and that hosed up my scores today. Currently sitting at 1777 after group stage, hopefully that's still within top 10%.

As a side note, 1895 is a perfect score with regular cards (so the top scores will probably be slightly higher due to silver/gold bonuses).

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
5 minutes

get hype for lovely gabe intro

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
okay this is not what i was expecting

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
wait is this what the mystery courier from the trove is

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
damnit liquid you're supposed to win ti

china can't win an odd number TI and rtz isn't allowed to win a valve event

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
if it wasn't for that LFY-OG curbstomp game in the group stage, i'd say this was the most brutal one-sided game i've seen at TI

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
wings was the polar opposite of a dark horse

however, they started from the depths of tier 3 trash (speed gaming) and over 2 years, grinded their way up to dominance.

basically what i'm saying is TI6 wings is the american dream :911:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
what the gently caress that deny

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
i don't think this bloodseeker has done anything this entire game

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
smh at this creepy jingoism on display at key arena

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
my blue kaka card is putting in work

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
i'm glad cloud9 picked up NP just so we could make the clown9 joke

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
it was funny watching c9 lose but these loser interviews are making me feel bad for ee

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
PERU DOTA

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Haven't paid much attention to the draft stages, does the stage still have those neat holograms from TI6?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
My 2 cores (Sumail and Miracle) were super disappointing but I made up for it by having Boboka and kaka, plus xxs did pretty good too. Ended up at 1939 for today.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
that was a beautiful ice path

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
what a game

i was rooting for TNC but i can't even be upset

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
bm rapier

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
lol i never noticed rubick's illuminate channel animation until now

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
hmmm

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I'm glad they didn't do some stupidly long, blatant shill buildup on the main stage for the Artifact reveal. They kept it under ~3 minutes during panel filler so it was more of a "oh yeah and this is a dota-related thing valve is doing"

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
RTZ will never win a valve event

He will make sure of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Locked thread