Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Zurreco posted:

What happened to that last Scythe? Why didnt it land?
Something about Earth Spirit Agh Upgrade saving him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
That was a great VP video

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

funmanguy posted:

where day9?
They take turns

"GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS" from LD

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Sad to see iG, Boboka (I think) going off on Q (I think) after the game.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
You only get the option to select them, I think, if you have a fantasy card for all their players.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Yeah with BB, Morph, and Dazzle, they're super tanky and put out a lot of damage.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Good call

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
hooooly crap amazing fight by Newbee

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
If Newbee ends up winning I'd say that's two games in a row they can thank kpii for his incredible Axe calls/play (despite missed dunks)

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Did I miss a bit with Kaci & Slacks in lovely Wizard cosplay? Because if so I feel like I need to watch that.
It was the start of the main event. Kaci as Omni and Slacks as CM.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
What's the context here? (For Download Complete)

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I think there's also the natural tendency to get more tilted as you lose and more happy as you win. I imagine 99% of the time the winning team is going to seem more united than the losing team. There's a little chicken-and-the-egg to it...did the infighting cause the loss or vice versa. That said there did seem to be a lot more unity within Liquid; Kuro was leading his team well. He constantly praised the other guys, said the victory was theirs, etc. At no point did there seem like a leader in Newbee.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The way it ended, with the team telling Kuro to chill after he brings up more tournaments and saying "this is why you're bald" was just masterful.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The matches I've watched recently, VP is beating their opponents pretty soundly.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Blitz really makes it more fun to watch/listen to games.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Something about the new major/minor system sucks all the significance out of them saying "VirtusPro are MAJOR CHAMPIONS!" or "Second ever MAJOR in Germany."

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I wish he'd read Storm's talents first so he could have been comparing them all along the way. Now every hero's talents just hurt him more. Maybe the buildup was worth. it. "Santa be good to me..." followed by his disappointment...

edit:
To add actual content...it looks to me like early game is harder for supports...Courier more expensive, Tangos and Wards more expensive. I know there are all kinds of variables, and I no longer have to upgrade to Flying Courier, but I wonder what support life will be like. Seems like less early GPM talents for supports too.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I mean, the game was over, but it is just so wtf that EE didn't combine the Rapier so that he actually had it for the entire final fight.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
This Secret/VP game...this is why Sniper is a bullcrap hero

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Wow, that game was tense as hell for the last 30 minutes.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Liquid is going to hit a timing and win this game. Most of Secret's current gold lead is from their tower advantage.
Secret is not letting off the gas...

e: And then Liquid destroys them in a teamfight. Good game no matter who wins.

that one guy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 14, 2017

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Well you were way closer to correct than I thought when you posted. Exciting game.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Spartan in allchat "wtf was that pit come on"

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The air humping while watching the game is an interesting way to cheer.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Doesn't Optic need an offlaner?

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I'm an EG fanboy but with the recent changes and their recent results how are they getting direct invites?

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Has Sunsfan always said "Donezo" 10000x per match?

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The TNC/Newbee game was pretty good, worth watching.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Zurreco posted:

NoobfromUA got taken down by PGL for three strikes. Now where will I watch all the games I miss?
That sucks. His condensed series are how I watch most of my pro dotes.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Lacoste is a great panel guy. He's not afraid to talk crap and call out players.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Tobi just accidentally paused the game between LFY and Mineski.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
That Espada/FTM Game 2 was pretty amazing.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Is anybody NOT gonna put PLD down for "Most Deaths" in their TI compendium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
The Summit is such an awesome event. I love casts like this, even if they say stupid stuff sometimes the players/personalities shooting the breeze, casually enjoying the game, etc., is a highlight of the Dota year.

• Locked thread